Author Topic: Some balancing ideas gathered.  (Read 818 times)

Offline polkafranzi

• Marshall
  • Renown: 814
  • Infamy: 276
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fun clan - Burg Krems, join with main or alt!
  • Game nicks: Adelheid, Wulfing, Hildebrand, Vulferam, Sepp, Pippa (r.i.p), Minjy
Some balancing ideas gathered.
« on: July 03, 2012, 07:59:21 pm »
Om my f***in god, I just came up with some pretty derpy ideas (most stolen from other threads but i've compiled here my favourites).

There is way too much crying going on these days, do you think some of these ideas could bring back the love between us all?

2h Greatswords (and their users) -

(click to show/hide)

[C]avalry! -

(click to show/hide)

[A]rchers! -

(click to show/hide)

Oh and...to finish off these brilliant ideas which bring realism and hopefully less QQ, we have to include the ultimate realism change:

(click to show/hide)

There are many millions more ideas spread out all over the place but anyway, laziness prevails.

Without trolling or being rude because your class might get adjusted, what you think if all those things were added on 1 patch?  OR - Which ONE would you love to see most?  I would think - mod is once again alive and kicking.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

willy wheels, owl wheels, bogey wheels, hot wheels, mag wheels, billy cursey, mary the dyke from across the road, john the black bloke, what about stamps? teddy i shit meself, fleming house, greggers, pop-inn, don't woory - 50, i mog ka musik, t

Offline Duckzern

• Baron
  • Renown: 87
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
  • Slurchenburch
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Duckzern
  • IRC nick: Duckzern
Re: Some balancing ideas gathered.
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2012, 08:09:29 pm »
I can't really see much of this working in a balanced way.
Spears breaking will be way too OP most(if not all) polearms are made out of wood.
And 1H will be able to outspam everything.
Butts

Offline polkafranzi

• Marshall
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Adelheid, Wulfing, Hildebrand, Vulferam, Sepp, Pippa (r.i.p), Minjy
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2012, 08:16:45 pm »
I can't really see much of this working in a balanced way.
Spears breaking will be way too OP most(if not all) polearms are made out of wood.
And 1H will be able to outspam everything.

Nah not all of them, but a right combo could = good balance.

willy wheels, owl wheels, bogey wheels, hot wheels, mag wheels, billy cursey, mary the dyke from across the road, john the black bloke, what about stamps? teddy i shit meself, fleming house, greggers, pop-inn, don't woory - 50, i mog ka musik, t

Offline Duckzern

• Baron
  • Renown: 87
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
  • Slurchenburch
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Duckzern
  • IRC nick: Duckzern
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2012, 08:25:52 pm »
Nah not all of them, but a right combo could = good balance.

No really, I don't see much working. Archers free PS? WHAT? They choose to be archers and therefore sacrificed their chances in melee fighting, and should get nothing free.
And give the stab a cooldown? if the range really is such a big problem for people wouldn't it be better with a new animation?
And if you lower the attack speed on the GS it'll just be a fucking maul with no benefits.

I'm not going to talk about the Cav since I don't know much about them, besides their bump damage is annoying as fuck.

And for the arrows you do know that an arrow can easily pass through plate compared to mail.

I can see why some of the idea would be cool and realistic but I say fuck realism and balance comes first.
Butts

Offline polkafranzi

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2012, 09:38:34 pm »
I can see why some of the idea would be cool and realistic but I say fuck realism and balance comes first.

Cos the game is so balanced in it's current state right.

Like I said, these are ideas I spotted that people wrote and I would much rather play a mod with most of them in than out.

Offline Haboe

• King
  • Renown: 1090
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Born with a shield on my back. Difficult birth.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Haboe
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2012, 12:10:47 am »
Cos the game is so balanced in it's current state right.

If its so balanced, why change that? xD
+ your favorite changes come down to the same thing, nerf all classes and give archers an uber melee boost...

Offline polkafranzi

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2012, 12:18:13 am »
If its so balanced, why change that? xD
+ your favorite changes come down to the same thing, nerf all classes and give archers an uber melee boost...

Hmm, sarcasm falls upon deaf ears?

Re-read what I wrote but add a sarcastic tone and you'll get it.

Offline Herkkutatti666

• Duke
  • Renown: 585
  • Infamy: 285
  • cRPG Player
  • Rips pärs
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2012, 12:18:47 am »
+1
Buff everything but keep the balance as it is now :P

Offline Haboe

• King
  • Renown: 1090
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Born with a shield on my back. Difficult birth.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Haboe
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2012, 12:21:03 am »
Well as far as i see it these changes would make a far less balanced game...

Offline zottlmarsch

• King
  • Renown: 1114
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems (Founder)
  • Game nicks: Eberhart & Juta von Krems
  • IRC nick: Dan
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2012, 08:20:56 am »
And for the arrows you do know that an arrow can easily pass through plate compared to mail.

hang on a sec, are you seriously saying that mail gives you better protection against against arrows than plate does! lol  :shock:

Offline Kajia

• Earl
  • Renown: 481
  • Infamy: 36
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Kajia
  • IRC nick: Kajia_
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2012, 09:19:26 am »
+1
Om my f***in god, I just came up with some pretty derpy ideas (most stolen from other threads but i've compiled here my favourites).

There is way too much crying going on these days, do you think some of these ideas could bring back the love between us all?

2h Greatswords (and their users) -

(click to show/hide)

[C]avalry! -

(click to show/hide)

[A]rchers! -

(click to show/hide)

Oh and...to finish off these brilliant ideas which bring realism and hopefully less QQ, we have to include the ultimate realism change:

(click to show/hide)

There are many millions more ideas spread out all over the place but anyway, laziness prevails.

Without trolling or being rude because your class might get adjusted, what you think if all those things were added on 1 patch?  OR - Which ONE would you love to see most?  I would think - mod is once again alive and kicking.

I approve.

my 2 cents:
try removing artificial boundaries!
- reduce slot-value on some weapons and instead add more new design elements like longer weapon-changing time, for example. nerfs and buffs gameplay for everyone.
- try to implement crush-through on heavy weapons if not all, and reduce damage taken with better armor. it sucks to die with 2 hits from a 1-handed sword, wearing a heavy kuyak.
- make it possible to pick up and use all weapons for everyone, but with really slow efficiency, increase skill influence (more skill-points necessary for effective use). again: nerf and buff for everyone - more freedom and diversity.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 09:30:52 am by Kajia »

Kajia's Workshop
(cRPG artwork showcase)