Author Topic: Fix list  (Read 32242 times)

Offline verinen

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Verinen
Re: Fix list
« Reply #195 on: January 06, 2011, 12:12:36 pm »
Oh, and remember one Azincourt fan-boys. The course of the battle as we know is a lie. The english archers killed many french noblemen because of french mired in the mud, so englishmen killed them by hammers, axes etc. even longbow couldn't kill the person with high quality steel plate armor (the one of many factors is that arrows' blades were made by low-quality iron pieces). Only xbow could do that. That's why pope banned crossbows.

PS I'm just 2h spammer. I don't defend anyone in my statement! I said only the historical truth, don't beat me angry people.
And I think patch is very good work- except some upkeep problems
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 12:19:30 pm by verinen »

Offline HexBag

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: HexBag/HexMurder
« Reply #196 on: January 06, 2011, 12:16:19 pm »
I love new archer animation too :)

Actually it clearly shows how your points are flawed as a result of not enough thinking.

I will not bother with the rest of your post, I'll just demonstrate it on this part. People AFKing has nothing to do with their inability to adapt. It is a result of "gold per minute" instead of "gold per proximity" system. Siege mode had the same system pre-patch, and it also had 'no afk' rule. Why? Because you get gold regardless of your activity. You can stand still and still earn gold. Now you have the same in Battle.

No , ppl afk because they cant pay upkeep, not because they want to get rich, ppl afk because they dont want to damage their equipment, or they run naked in stacks wich is pretty hilarious i must confess

Offline Tai Feng

• Noble
  • Renown: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: January 06, 2011, 12:20:44 pm »
No , ppl afk because they cant pay upkeep, not because they want to get rich, ppl afk because they dont want to damage their equipment, or they run naked in stacks wich is pretty hilarious i must confess

Sigh.

Their AFKing isn't going to let them keep equipment as it is the team loss that counts.

You don't need to be AFK to save equipment, you just need to economize. Take cheap weapon and armor and you'll be rich in no time. You CAN kill with cheap weapon and armor, heck I run around with a fork and peasant shirt and get to top3 on the chart every now and then if I'm focused.

Please don't try to make it look like you can't play without plate and flamberge because you can.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 12:24:56 pm by Tai Feng »
Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.

Imperial army: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4muBipy9-Q

Offline HexBag

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: January 06, 2011, 12:27:19 pm »
Sigh.

Their AFKing isn't going to let them keep equipment as it is the team loss that counts.

You don't need to be AFK to save equipment, you just need to economize. Take cheap weapon and armor and you'll be rich in no time. You CAN kill with cheap weapon and armor, heck I run around with a fork and peasant shirt and get to top3 on the chart every now and then if I'm focused.

Please don't try to make it look like you can't play without plate and flamberge because you can.

I know, i use pilgrim tunic and strong bow n some boots and arrows , i pay nothing for upkeep wich makes it unfair.
*if im a heavy inf. and i play a round and i lose in a crap team, i would surely un-equip all my gear and afk until end of battle, and thats what´s happening
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 12:29:31 pm by HexBag »

Offline Draulius

• Noble
  • Renown: 17
  • Infamy: 77
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: January 06, 2011, 12:33:05 pm »
What do you think is the most important things that need fixing in the new patch? Please no detailed description, just a short statement within a line. Repeating stuff of people before you is fine and encouraged.
I go into deep detail on the major issues of the patch here:  http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,355.msg3335.html#msg3335

I also explain what I believe can be done to fix these problems.
They might not be perfect, but it was the best I could do.

But! If you want it short:
1. Cavalry - Still very powerful and annoying sometimes. It takes action from the whole time just to take them down. Cavalry influences the whole battle...maybe a bit too much.

2. Repair Cost -  Lower the price of the repair bills. Maybe also have non-body armor items like gloves, legs, and helmet break more often than the chest does. Heavier expensive armor probably could be damaged less often, too (since they are pretty hard,heavy, and expensive after all).

3. Auto-Balance - Still needs to be improved upon, I come across many unbalanced games. Usually it's the auto-balance after the first match that really messes things up.

4. Bug Fixing - Pretty self explanatory. Only one I can come up with off the top of my head is the in-game stat placer is usually way out of sync.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 12:34:32 pm by Draulius »

Offline Bratwurst

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: January 06, 2011, 12:34:17 pm »
Thank you chadz for hearing us ! Long live the king  :mrgreen:

I will try to stay brief ... however I must explain a few things too, I hope in a not too bad english:

Upkeep... The idea of upkeep is obiously to reduce the moneyflow, not to stop it. With a high upkeep you will simply go bankrupt and cannot spend any coins. As the mod has no economy except buying weapons/armour and making money by fighting - an upkeep makes no sense. Making money through winning rounds with your team without looking at the individual income/status of the player disrupts everything. It weakens the team by players hiding, wearing inferior armour/weapons although they are skilled. If at all upkeep should be moved to STRATEGUS only, for the normal crpg battle/siege servers upkeep has no place and will destroy the GREAT mod.

- Remove the upkeep from battle/siege servers and remove/reset all money from all players so that we can start playing again like we used to
- Strategus chars should have upkeep
- fix the Siege stuff (so much fun to play)
- more armour/weapons etc.
- Give horses only 50% of their current hitpoints
- increase armour rate for heavy armour like plate but make them even slower

I really love the other improvements, great work ! The lvl caps is great, archer nerf is good, ingame messages etc awesome. PLease keep up the great work and never despair !

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #201 on: January 06, 2011, 12:42:52 pm »
i have a sumpter and a courser, i cant select the sumpter in game.

also, im level 30, i wanna retire. any ETA on that? or is it a week after patch hits? or what?

Offline Silv

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Silvarren, Silvyn
« Reply #202 on: January 06, 2011, 12:43:19 pm »
I would actually be very much in favor of having Strategus have upkeep and the regular crpg mod keep the old system/ no upkeep. That way, hardcore players are happy, and we get to have our fun. I often found it amusing when I was able to tear open a tin can with my light infantry, so I don't really mind the few heavy armors that I've met.

Offline Tai Feng

• Noble
  • Renown: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: January 06, 2011, 12:45:35 pm »
few heavy armors that I've met.

What game were you playing?
Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.

Imperial army: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4muBipy9-Q

Offline chadz

• The lazy
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 3188
  • Infamy: 724
  • Sir Black King A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: irc://
  • IRC nick: chadz
« Reply #204 on: January 06, 2011, 12:47:09 pm »
a) please stop discussions in this thread, i just want to fly over the replys to see what the majority thinks, I am aware of the reasonings, and if i'm not, discuss them in detail in another thread.

b) the reason for upkeep was that the game is supposed to be playable for a long time. This is either done by resetting the database in set intervals, like a month or two, or by artificially keeping the equipment lower than max. We've decided to go with #2.

c) i'm working on a hotfix, hopefully released today, including the following so far:

you have 60 seconds to leave after the match started
you can join in the first 60 seconds
break chance: from 3% to 4%
repair cost: from 20% to 5%
repair dice roll: does not matter if you are on the winning or losing team.
fixing no heirloomed items bug ingame
changed xp from 1500 to 1000 per minute
siege - blue fog removed
- some other minor stuff

Offline Tuonela

• Baron
  • Renown: 145
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Tuonela, Merc_Tuoni
« Reply #205 on: January 06, 2011, 12:49:05 pm »
- When server sets/removes password, it causes a lag spike. I can't remember was it so before, though.

- When game ends, equipment selection shows up. It prevents interrupting attacks and I have at least twice shot my teammate.

Offline HexBag

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: January 06, 2011, 12:51:32 pm »
I would actually be very much in favor of having Strategus have upkeep and the regular crpg mod keep the old system/ no upkeep. That way, hardcore players are happy, and we get to have our fun. I often found it amusing when I was able to tear open a tin can with my light infantry, so I don't really mind the few heavy armors that I've met.

upkeep is not bad if its moderate, it adds RPG element to player progression, i think its quite unbalanced atm thou . i use crap gear i pay close to nothing

Offline Zophos

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: January 06, 2011, 01:04:45 pm »
b) the reason for upkeep was that the game is supposed to be playable for a long time. This is either done by resetting the database in set intervals, like a month or two, or by artificially keeping the equipment lower than max. We've decided to go with #2.

I'm wondering though... if the upkeep is designed so that players can only maintain a medium grade armor set, then why are there even blackplates and those expensive horses etc in the game? Only for players to drool uppon? Or do you expect people to play with peasant clothing 90% of the time so that on rare occasions they can equip there plate armor if they want too? (Which most likely leaves them crippled either 90% or 10% of the time as you need different stats in order to fare well with that specific equipment)

I understand that you're trying to create some sort of gold-sink, like most RPG's have, but only 1 gold sink that nobody can keep up with doesn't make sence, unless that which I stated above is your plan.

If say players could earn gold in different ways, perhaps trough trading or crafting stuff in strategus... then there would be certain players who could afford the expensive stuff. But you should ask yourself if that's fair towards the player base who only plays cRPG.

Imo the old system where you would gain gold very slowly was a more succesfull formula for a game like this. And I herby suggest you to revert that, or think thinks trough a little better perhaps.

Edit: I suggest the following;

Make it so that there's different roles for players to play on the battlefield. Like in a real battle, one big army of plated knights would be a tremendously slow mass of metal, and thus leaving it up to the enemy where and how they strike them. A army needs different sort of troops, light fast ones, medium armored ones, and ranged ones to force the enemy into a certain position or pressure them to attack etc.

Now to make it fun and more realistic, heavy armor and stuff does indeed have to cost more gold. Also, it'll have to be a skill intensive 'build' to be able to wear these kind of heavy suites and ride the most fiersome warhorses etc.

So you have to make sure that new players can take on a battlefield role that isn't as utterly useless as a peasant with a pitchfork, but not able to become a heavily armored knight on a plated charger fast either. (That must take a long time of training and a large sum of gold to afford the equipment).

Now older more experienced players shouldn't feel that they are forced into the 'heavily armored class' either, they can become infantry with a pike and take on a specific role to take on those proud knights at their expensive horses, and totally obliterate them if they want.

So maby you'll have to make plated armor be a bit more skill intensive and raise the level cap to be able to wear one of those again. (Not allot of players will play them I suppose as you will leave the retirement system in it's place so creating a new character and get a bonus+a heirloom will still be really attractive)

Anywho, if you would like some help with balancing this game out, don't hesitate to ask some help.
You're doing a great job so far though!

Zophos
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 01:18:04 pm by Zophos »

Offline Penchik

• Noble
  • Renown: 19
  • cRPG Player
  • Be a Pyro! Burn the world!!!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Penchik
« Reply #208 on: January 06, 2011, 01:30:59 pm »
repair cost: from 20% to 5%
NO! Make it at least 15%. I dont want tincans noobs again.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
TROLOLOLING PYRO

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #209 on: January 06, 2011, 01:32:12 pm »
NO! Make it at least 15%. I dont want tincans noobs again.
I think you missed:
break chance: from 3% to 4%
and
repair dice roll: does not matter if you are on the winning or losing team.
 :D