Author Topic: Fix list  (Read 32227 times)

Offline Miley

• Duke
  • Renown: 604
  • Infamy: 327
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Fix list
« Reply #150 on: January 06, 2011, 02:10:41 am »
No friendly fire horse damage.

Archers need to be a little more accurate, because horses are dominating.

Maybe lower the repair costs a tad?

Offline Espu

• The good
  • Count
  • Renown: 261
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Espu
« Reply #151 on: January 06, 2011, 02:14:54 am »
Make the "Lord Vargas, Owner of the whole world" message appear for alts too, instead of only the main strat character.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 06, 2011, 02:16:38 am »
+1
- Lower upkeep costs on the long run (you should be able to upkeep 40k)
- Give us the old archery animations back, not these fuugly goblins
- Return the xp cost progression to the old values
- lower the agi speed bonus
- lower the attribute requirements for low skill levels
- increase them for high skill levels
- autobalance each round

Offline JynnanTonnyx

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: January 06, 2011, 02:19:02 am »
I'd like to see repair costs regulated, or even lowered.

Auto-balancing still feels broken, one team tends to dominate for all of the rounds after round one.  Perhaps, if possible, make it based on someone's K/D ratio?

More info about retiring would be nice, as I understand it there is no longer a bonus to WPF?  Not much incentive to get up to 30, retire for an heirloom, and restart just because it will be faster the next time.  There may be something I'm not aware of there, however.

And finally, getting slaughtered by a charger that's just galloping around isn't a particularly enjoyable experience.  I'd like to see the damage lowered or a penalty for the horse and rider.  Perhaps the horse stopping or slowing significantly afterward and a longer time to get going again.

Offline StanleyPain

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: (>'.'<)(*)(*)(¯`·._) LLJK (¯`·._) (*)(*) (>'.'<)
« Reply #154 on: January 06, 2011, 02:19:06 am »
The more I think about it, the upkeep system just needs to be dropped entirely.  If you just reduce the amount, then it doesn't accomplish its stated purpose and becomes a pointless feature.

Equipment wasn't the problem in crpg anyway.  The equipment system is good and allows for a lot of variety, from squishy/agile to slow/heavy and everything in between.  The problem was the retirement system and lack of level cap.  Veteran players had built up stats that negated the penalties their equipment was supposed to have.  This is what broke the game, not the equipment itself.  We had too many veteran players running around in the heaviest gear and still attacking twice as fast as most of their opponents.

Remove upkeep.  Keep the level cap and complete wpf wipe upon retirement.  Reduce horse bump damage, forcing them to use their weapons instead of just trampling everyone.  Keep friendly horse bumps, but with a 15 second grace period at the beginning of the round.

That sums it up pretty well.

The funny part, heirloomed items are still a problem. Basically everyone who has a bunch of heirloomed items is still laughing. More damage, more accuracy, and none of the pitfalls. We really need a good player wipe. But unfortunately the powers that be don't think it necessary.

Offline ActionMan3K

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
  • Little fish in a sea of serfs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: January 06, 2011, 02:20:51 am »
Improved synchronizing between the C menu and the character page.  I've had points show up and then vanish.  A 1 point increase in bow damage across the board would also be nice.

Offline Vicious666

• Baron
  • Renown: 88
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
  • becouse an image is worth a thousand words
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vicious666_xXx
  • IRC nick: Vicious666
« Reply #156 on: January 06, 2011, 02:21:41 am »
reduce upkeep to 5%   (ppl on losing side when team are clearly unbalanced simply unwear all so make it lose 4x times)

change exp system, it only encourage leechers and less team collaboration
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 02:24:03 am by Vicious666 »

Offline Ishar

• Noble
  • Renown: 18
  • cRPG Player
  • Mr Shitgrin
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Ishar_III
« Reply #157 on: January 06, 2011, 02:23:11 am »
More info about retiring would be nice, as I understand it there is no longer a bonus to WPF?  Not much incentive to get up to 30, retire for an heirloom, and restart just because it will be faster the next time.  There may be something I'm not aware of there, however.

You're forgetting the gold bonus. It's not just xp, and earned gold just became very-very important... this means high generation characters can sustain better equipment. Not much better, but that still gives a definite edge.
"Also, thank you for reporting your own post." Mylet

Offline Viceroy

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Shihan, Valgard_the_Grim
« Reply #158 on: January 06, 2011, 02:27:02 am »
I've only played a few hours, but I can already tell there's huge diffenrence in play style. PPL aren't acting like RAMBO every round nearly as much for starters.
Also, imo, I think ppl are talking way more in team chat about different strategies to try.

Honestly, so far, I like the patch.

One thing I've been noticing tho is that other teamates will come in, drop off a flamberge or expensive item of theirs at spawn for another teamate to use... (no repair cost)

So, either that's kinda exploitive, or an ingenous strategy hehe.

Offline Vexus

• Count
  • Renown: 198
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Deus_Mortis
« Reply #159 on: January 06, 2011, 02:29:33 am »
Please for the love of god change riding skill!!! horses are going at speed of sound!

Offline ThePoopy

• Earl
  • Renown: 411
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • .l..
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Templar
  • Game nicks: PolePoop
« Reply #160 on: January 06, 2011, 02:30:04 am »
new arch anim - look like goblins

ladders - if u have ENYTHING behind u that is higher then ground u stand on it stucks
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 02:31:28 am by ThePoopy »

Offline Lorn

• Knight
  • Renown: 27
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Lorn
  • IRC nick: Lorn
« Reply #161 on: January 06, 2011, 03:22:27 am »
Lol.  Wow, you have some vile in you man.  I have been doing 3:1 since the patch hit no problem with my mid-level archer alt.  What I dont enjoy is that now with the new animation (really lame looking animation) and wpf cap combined with all the other nerfs it rewards skilless spammers like you who camp on rooftops (all you were doing before I got kicked like I have every round on NA server since the patch "connection to server lost") and never move rather than people who precision shoot and move after every shot and realign and really use finesse and dont rely on a rhino to run people over you cant shoot while wearing heavy armor.  I have been saying reducing damage even more is fine and good and keeping cutting damage, but some of the most fun is really using skill to lead shots and hit moving targets, which becomes more of a spam game when the arrows repeatedly shank left and right and up and down of your reticule.  Spamming is boring.

And yes I have friends who tell me about how you talk smack about me behind my back on the servers all the time.  You sir are a cowardly cur and should go back to your troll kingdom.

And you are extremely paranoid, whining, and a hypocrite.

Congratulations!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Amouro

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: January 06, 2011, 03:57:17 am »
repair bills. it shouldn't be a gamble whether or not you make money. if your team's losing you can't cover your repair cost unless you strip all your gear off, and then you loose because you can't compete.  both sides should make money regardless of winning or losing, the losers should just make a little less.

better auto-balancing. if i'm going to be forced on a team opposite my friends, then id at least like it to be a fair fight. but it hardly ever is. one side always dominates and i don't get to play with my friends.

and major improvements in documentation. It's really hard for a new player to get into this mod and know whats going on. i've been playing for about a week, and I'm still confused about a lot of things. and when it gets patched its hard to find info about what exactly changed. and that makes it hard to give constructive criticisms about the changes.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tritan

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: January 06, 2011, 04:09:13 am »
Lower repair cost

Perhaps make it not random anymore but instead a certain small % guaranteed.

Offline The_Newer_Wind

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: January 06, 2011, 04:10:51 am »
The xp and gold!! I cant get anything without it! Please it should be top priority! Then make the NA server not crash. Everything else is AWESOME! Great job! (I didnt loose trust, I just sat in the corner and repetedly said "It will work, it will work, it will work"  :lol: )