Poll

Should we nerf ranged?

NERF RANGED
270 (47.6%)
I LIKE TO BE GAY AND PLAY COUNTER STRIKE STYLE CRPG
297 (52.4%)

Total Members Voted: 566

Author Topic: SAVE CRPG! NERF RANGED  (Read 42024 times)

Offline Sultan Eren

• Count
  • Renown: 217
  • Infamy: 113
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercs
  • Game nicks: Sultan Eren
Re: SAVE CRPG! NERF RANGED
« Reply #435 on: July 30, 2012, 07:48:59 pm »
Nerfing them will decrease their amount.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Nessaj

• King
  • Renown: 1399
  • Infamy: 176
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ▃ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇
    • View Profile
    • Vanguard
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Cooties
  • IRC nick: Nessaj
Re: Don't nerf ranged
« Reply #436 on: July 30, 2012, 07:57:30 pm »
+5
Yes, of course, and then everyone will switch to another class, and another and another and another...
Because people change specialization depending on the current environment. We would just keep repeating the never-ending circle of balancing, which is common in every game with class balancing.

There's way too few shield users in general and playing 1hand+shield is by far the hardest (especially without looms, and even with a loomed 1hander you glance a lot on high-end armour).
IMO shielders should be the most represented class on the field, as they were in medieval times.
Things don't exist simply because you believe in them, thus sayeth the almighty creature in the sky!

Offline darmaster

• King
  • Renown: 1398
  • Infamy: 297
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguards
  • Game nicks: Retsamrad
« Reply #437 on: July 30, 2012, 08:04:30 pm »
hmm the problem is that when they start putting the ath they are fuckin untouchable.. just look at robinhood, these things shouldn't exist: i mean, as a 1h i have to be scaried by an archer when i'm at 0.5 mt from him? and imo the damage should be decreased by 15-20 %

Offline Paniolo808

• Knight
  • Renown: 48
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
  • Bumpin
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Nakoa
« Reply #438 on: July 30, 2012, 08:33:33 pm »
+2
Nerf everything in this game so it's shitty and clunky and unenjoyable.
Wipe all the looms and reset everyone to 0.
Remove all the weapons and make CRPG into a kick-punching game.

DO IT.
"We can say that Maud'Dib learned rapidly because his first training was in how to learn. And the first lesson of all was the basic trust that he could learn."

Offline Zerran

• Count
  • Renown: 276
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Caita_KUTT, Fellys_KUTT
« Reply #439 on: July 30, 2012, 08:42:56 pm »
+1
The damage of an average archer really isn't that bad. The problem comes when you've got an archer with a +3 bow and +3 arrows combined with a high strength build. If you keep nerfing archery as a whole, you'll just see more and more that are like that.

As such, I'd say it would be better to:

1. Give an incentive for archers to get at least a little melee ability, so they have less excuse to run. (I have no idea how to do this though)

2. Somehow level out the damage from high strength archer builds, so they don't outdamage more balanced builds by as much. Perhaps make powerdraw give diminishing returns past, say, 6 PD while eating up more WPF.

3. Nerf the damage from looming bows/arrows. Maybe give them a little more ammo/missile speed bonus instead.

4. Somehow slow the faster archers down. Perhaps make it such that anyone with a bow equipped has their athletics capped at a certain value (perhaps 4-5 ath), but if they drop the bow, their ath returns to its full value.

5. Make all ranged get staggered from nearby enemies at a much further range than they currently do. (perhaps 1-2 meters)

Again, I don't think the average archer needs to be nerfed at all (in fact I think they're perfectly balanced right now), rather the extremes need to be dealt with. (Very high strength builds that can 2 shot heavy armor, and very fast running-archer builds that deal little damage but can't be killed)

Also shotgunning needs to be removed. It's incredibly easy (especially with xbows and throwing), deals massive damage, and is very much against the whole concept of a RANGED class. The fact that pretty much any scrub can grab an arbalest and run around with it aimed, then easily shoot someone for 90% of their life from a meter away is just absurd (and yes, I've done this many times, it's insanely easy.)

Offline Penitent

• King
  • Renown: 1389
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Penitent_Turtler
« Reply #440 on: July 30, 2012, 08:48:19 pm »
+2
Why nerf archers? 

Because there are too many?  Just wait a while, the numbers will decrease.  I'd hate playing this game if the teams were ALWAYS a perfect balance of 1h/2h/pole/cav ranged.  It's good to mix the ratios up now and then and have to adapt.  Challenge and variability=fun!

Is it because they are killing you, or you think they are OP?  Check out my guide in the guide section!

Offline _Tak_

• Earl
  • Renown: 459
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Retired Dev of FI2
    • View Profile
    • mod :D
  • Game nicks: LC
« Reply #441 on: July 30, 2012, 08:50:49 pm »
nerf infantry instead please

Offline karasu

• King
  • Renown: 1751
  • Infamy: 316
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • D̶͎̳͒́͗͋ẹ͕̲̠̳̄̃͂ͤ͑ͮṃ̮͎̗̦̏̿͊ͤi̥̪̼͕ͦ̀̊̐ȗ̘rͩ͋̅̊gͭ̿̋
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: July 30, 2012, 08:53:13 pm »
+4
Save ranged, nerf crpg

Offline Lichen

• Count
  • Renown: 184
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: July 30, 2012, 08:55:01 pm »
The damage of an average archer really isn't that bad. The problem comes when you've got an archer with a +3 bow and +3 arrows combined with a high strength build.

I would rather have all higher tier armors invulnerable to cut arrows completely than nerf high strength archers. If archers are nerfed then cav is going to have to be nerfed as well.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 08:58:09 pm by Lichen »

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2502
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: July 30, 2012, 09:00:11 pm »
+1
As low level archer with looms I see two problems with archery:
1) after 160 wpp in archery things become "interesting" (basing this on my previous archery experience)
2) ath gives them kiting ability, that's why most of them have 8 or 9 ath (nebun)

With 128 in archery, loomed horn bow and 5 PD I can't hit shit.

Offline Silveredge

• Count
  • Renown: 190
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Silveredge
« Reply #445 on: July 30, 2012, 09:03:13 pm »
I would rather have all higher tier armors invulnerable to cut arrows completely than nerf high strength archers. If archers are nerfed then cav is going to have to be nerfed as well.

Can't tell if serious...

Offline Zerran

• Count
  • Renown: 276
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Caita_KUTT, Fellys_KUTT
« Reply #446 on: July 30, 2012, 09:03:49 pm »
Why nerf archers? 

Because there are too many?  Just wait a while, the numbers will decrease.  I'd hate playing this game if the teams were ALWAYS a perfect balance of 1h/2h/pole/cav ranged.  It's good to mix the ratios up now and then and have to adapt.  Challenge and variability=fun!

Is it because they are killing you, or you think they are OP?  Check out my guide in the guide section!

I've seen something very similar with pikes/longspears. People see the capabilities of each of the two weapons, and they combine them, thinking that both weapons are capable of all the positive things.

In a similar manner, I think people see an archer with a crazy high agi build that can't be caught, an archer with a really high strength build that two shots tincans, and then they combine them and think archers can two shot tincans, and run at the speed of a courser.

I'm currently leveling up a 21/18 7PD 6PS 4Ath 6WM 152 Bow WPF 50 2H WPF, archer, and find it to be quite balanced.

I don't think this will be the case. High strength archers have garbage accuracy and need to be pretty close to actually hit their target. Their actual damage output isn't as good as a balanced archer, rather they deal massive damage at very close range, which you generally don't get against cav.

Additionally, I suggested replacing some (not all) of the damage bonus on arrows and bows with more arrows, and higher missile speed. This would actually make it easier to kill cav, as high missile speeds means less trajectory guesswork is needed, and more arrows means more shots.

Though now that you mention it, I'd like to add a part to that suggestion to buff the damage horses take from ranged.

Offline Cris

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 23
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Merc_Cris, Cris, TestSubject
  • IRC nick: Cris
« Reply #447 on: July 30, 2012, 11:32:42 pm »
+2
People still complain about archery? XD

It'd be nice to have the old cRPG back for a day a month or so, that way people see how much archery has been nerfed. (FYI: Old cRPG was faster reload [native animation], more PD for many people, better arrows [all piercing damage] and much more accurate).

There are melee servers for those that really dislike ranged players :-)

Offline Arrowblood

• Duke
  • Renown: 508
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Arrowblood
« Reply #448 on: July 31, 2012, 12:56:40 pm »
And the missile speed was also nerfed twice.

Offline wanteds

• Earl
  • Renown: 396
  • Infamy: 133
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: polelord
« Reply #449 on: July 31, 2012, 01:13:46 pm »
And the missile speed was also nerfed twice.

how is missile speed nerfed when archers shoot enemy spawn from their own spawn and actually get kills? O_o