Poll

Should we nerf ranged?

NERF RANGED
270 (47.6%)
I LIKE TO BE GAY AND PLAY COUNTER STRIKE STYLE CRPG
297 (52.4%)

Total Members Voted: 566

Author Topic: SAVE CRPG! NERF RANGED  (Read 42045 times)

Offline bruce

• Count
  • Renown: 262
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the Freak Army of the Gnjus / Saracens
  • Game nicks: Saracen_el_Brus
Re: SAVE CRPG! NERF RANGED
« Reply #375 on: June 05, 2012, 05:24:52 pm »
Bagge is the only archer hero I've seen recently, where you go "crap, not bagge" when you see him on the other team.

Well, Tenne (who's been an archer forever, so it's part stubbornness I guess) and Thomas "teamhit" Cadairn (sp?) something are also good. Nebun, too, and he's been around forever.

Some other decent ones, but meh. As a whole it's unimpressive.

Best ban reason ever:
Quote from: Wookimonsta
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".

Offline Zanze

• Earl
  • Renown: 366
  • Infamy: 69
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
  • Game nicks: Raven_Zan
« Reply #376 on: June 05, 2012, 05:28:03 pm »
I've headshotted Release Arrows' +3 Destrier as he charged toward me. It didn't die, I got my face cut off as a result. I was a +3 Longbow with +0 bodkins.

Cav can easily counter archers if they wanted to. You don't have to get your horse shot like RA did, but you can circle out of range and when you notice the archer occupied, kill it. Hell, if he isn't occupied and is shooting at you, then he is not supporting his team which is still good.

Also, Bob, you're awesome. I'll be the first to say that, but if you refuse to bring a block of wood because it conflicts with your build, then nothing can help you vs archery. Just take a single point out of ironflesh for an old heater shield or old kite shield. It will block 2-3 arrows and cover your whole body. Using that in addition to sneaking up on the archer(tree to tree, building to building), you've got a surefire kill.

Offline bruce

• Count
  • Renown: 262
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the Freak Army of the Gnjus / Saracens
  • Game nicks: Saracen_el_Brus
« Reply #377 on: June 05, 2012, 06:20:34 pm »
Archers can jump out of it, unless you're on a sarranid (arabian now) you don't have the agi to circle and kill if they do that. Safer to engage busy infantry, or archers if they are really busy (eg. trying to run away).

Best ban reason ever:
Quote from: Wookimonsta
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".

Offline Kuyamzoleta

• Baron
  • Renown: 94
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Zoleta, WATCHOUT_SON
« Reply #378 on: June 05, 2012, 06:32:18 pm »
I can truthfully say that archery gets me more pissed than any other class I've played. I find it more rewarding to get kills than any other class, especially in a rapid succession. However, once infantry or cavalry close in on me they can dick all over me however they please.
Archers can jump out of it, unless you're on a sarranid (arabian now) you don't have the agi to circle and kill if they do that. Safer to engage busy infantry, or archers if they are really busy (eg. trying to run away).

There were countless times where sword cav just prancied up towards me and dicked all over me. This game is fine.
"twerk miley miley twerk"

Offline Bryggan

• Marshall
  • Renown: 727
  • Infamy: 207
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: 13 Knights, HCE
  • Game nicks: Jerk, Asshole, Dumbass, etc.
« Reply #379 on: June 05, 2012, 06:39:34 pm »
+1
There's nothing worse than dying at the beginning of a round cuz some archer shoots you in the back of the head because you weren't being careful- well, getting a lance in the back of the head for the same reason- or getting a sword in the back of the head...

As a relatively useless infantry I've never really had much problem with ranged.  The trick is not to fight enemies where they have archer cover.  It is annoying when they get that lucky random headshot, but otherwise no prob.  As a thrower I tried taking out cav that tries to flank us, and it seems like all the archers waste most of their arrows trying to kill the horses- not that easy actually.

Offline akapraf

• Knight
  • Renown: 34
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: June 05, 2012, 06:51:06 pm »
There's nothing worse than dying at the beginning of a round cuz some archer shoots you in the back of the head because you weren't being careful- well, getting a lance in the back of the head for the same reason- or getting a sword in the back of the head...

As a relatively useless infantry I've never really had much problem with ranged.  The trick is not to fight enemies where they have archer cover.  It is annoying when they get that lucky random headshot, but otherwise no prob.  As a thrower I tried taking out cav that tries to flank us, and it seems like all the archers waste most of their arrows trying to kill the horses- not that easy actually.
+1

Offline Bobthehero

• Duke
  • Renown: 515
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Grandmaster Ultimate God Of Swashbucklin'
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bridgeburners
  • Game nicks: Bobthehero_Whals and I am totally not all the Not_Bobthehero alts ever.
  • IRC nick: Buff Swashbuckling
« Reply #381 on: June 06, 2012, 12:48:31 am »
+1
Archery takes practice and skill, same as all the other classes.

A skilled archer will kill me all the time, a skilled melee with kill me 30-50% of the time.

There's your difference.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
The Narwhals, dedicated swashbuckler part of FCC

Stabbing is my speciality and one hitting people, my art

Offline Adamar

• He who doesn't want to be labelled
  • Earl
  • Renown: 422
  • Infamy: 319
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: June 06, 2012, 01:18:44 am »
A skilled archer will kill me all the time, a skilled melee with kill me 30-50% of the time.

There's your difference.

Exept skilled archers in this mod are nerfed to the level of noob meleers. You can't even recognise skilled archers because of our crapy kill count. You're reffering to an archery champion, killing you all the time as you say.

Offline XyNox

• Marshall
  • Renown: 801
  • Infamy: 219
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Quincy Clan
  • Game nicks: Quincy_XyNox
« Reply #383 on: June 06, 2012, 01:31:53 am »
+2
I still dont get how people who are playing longer than a month are considering archery to be OP.

Archery is basicly a class that relies on their enemies being unaware or dumb enough to walk into their arrows, its the natural counter against stupidity. And even those people who are unaware are countering archery with out even knowing all the time, by randomly spazzing around like epileptics. The abillity to shoot is their one and only strenth and even when they manage to hit you with their slow and inaccurate missiles its not gamebreaking. Once you get close that advantage is gone and you are fighting a peasant who is inferior to you in any way. And on top of that, if you still cant manage to get it done right you can get a shield that makes you invulnurable, once used appropriately giving you a freekill with absolutely no skill required.

I wish there was a way to say this in a more polite way but you just have to l2p I guess.

Offline Elmetiacos

• Count
  • Renown: 175
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
  • You've probably teamkilled me
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Hot_Chick_with_a_Sword, Dark_Rose_Knight
« Reply #384 on: June 06, 2012, 01:41:37 am »
+1
Once you get close that advantage is gone and you are fighting a peasant who is inferior to you in any way.
That arrogant attitude is how you end up dying in melee to an archer...
The word is "anyway" not "anyways". You are not Gabby Hayes.

Offline XyNox

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: June 06, 2012, 01:59:39 am »
That arrogant attitude is how you end up dying in melee to an archer...

Yes it happens, I do it as well sometimes with 0 ps and a handaxe. But then again these people have to be extremely unskilled to lose against a pure archer in a melee fight. And the complaints of those people are obviously invalid as they lack experience to judge the balance appropriately.

Offline polkafranzi

• Marshall
  • Renown: 814
  • Infamy: 276
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fun clan - Burg Krems, join with main or alt!
  • Game nicks: Adelheid, Wulfing, Hildebrand, Vulferam, Sepp, Pippa (r.i.p), Minjy
« Reply #386 on: June 06, 2012, 02:55:49 am »
slow and inaccurate missiles

lol, love it when i read a post by somebody lying about their own class, making it sound shit, when reality it's quite the opposite especially when you often face said person on battlefield and know they are BSing.

willy wheels, owl wheels, bogey wheels, hot wheels, mag wheels, billy cursey, mary the dyke from across the road, john the black bloke, what about stamps? teddy i shit meself, fleming house, greggers, pop-inn, don't woory - 50, i mog ka musik, t

Offline Adamar

• He who doesn't want to be labelled
  • Earl
  • Renown: 422
  • Infamy: 319
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: June 06, 2012, 03:02:36 am »
Yet they are slow and innacurate. Calling several people liars when you have little experience on the matter, doesn't really work. You'd be better off not posting at all, if its just unfounded trolling.

Offline OpenPalm

• Baron
  • Renown: 123
  • Infamy: 18
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Thes
« Reply #388 on: June 06, 2012, 03:25:13 am »
158 noobs don't know how to avoid projectiles   8-)
Quote from: Smoothrich
Racism against our chinese gold grinding brothers.

Offline XyNox

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: June 06, 2012, 05:09:04 am »
i iZ mealleee I hAz no 1dea whut me talkz about but aRchuWy OP cuZ mekes me sAd  :cry: :cry: :cry:

fixed