Poll

Should we nerf ranged?

NERF RANGED
270 (47.6%)
I LIKE TO BE GAY AND PLAY COUNTER STRIKE STYLE CRPG
297 (52.4%)

Total Members Voted: 566

Author Topic: SAVE CRPG! NERF RANGED  (Read 42064 times)

Offline Adamar

• He who doesn't want to be labelled
  • Earl
  • Renown: 422
  • Infamy: 319
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: SAVE CRPG! NERF RANGED
« Reply #285 on: May 31, 2012, 06:23:23 pm »
they couldna gree on the color of shite

We all mostly agree that

kiting is bad.

so we need an archery system that doesn't encourage that. Like in native, where archers are more likely to pull out their swords than run.

Offline Ad1no

• Count
  • Renown: 165
  • Infamy: 284
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Of The Codex
  • Game nicks: The_Sosarian_Knight
  • IRC nick: Sosarian
« Reply #286 on: May 31, 2012, 06:47:44 pm »
+2
It's so funny you ranged troll players are  also trolls on the forums. Alot of you are either really really ignorant or straight up lying.

Either way, we need population back on the servers...

So for thoes of us who want this game to survive.....

SAVE C-RPG! NERF RANGED!

Offline Bjarky

• Earl
  • Renown: 352
  • Infamy: 31
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • U got gold? I bring tea, silk, hemp, camels +more!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Leadership member)
  • Game nicks: Guard_BD_Bjarky, Guard_the_Lederhosen
  • IRC nick: bjarky
« Reply #287 on: May 31, 2012, 06:54:51 pm »
+1
just play melee server...
u won't get satisfied with the coming range nerfs anyway ^^

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: May 31, 2012, 07:18:14 pm »
This is a very good example of where you can say something like it's a fact when it couldn't be further from the truth, on both accounts.

Oh, and @Smoothrich, I think you're partially right. Non-heirloom bows and arrows definitely ARE underpowered, but heirloomed bows and arrows really aren't all that overpowered. Then again, it costs 6 heirloom points to reach maximum damage effectiveness, twice as much as any other weapon (barring arguments of horse-speed-as-weapon-bonus).

Okay maybe I formulated badly.

What I want to say is that the "standard cRPG archer" is wearing rags and investing all the wpf he has into archery because it's the best thing to do if you are an archer, and it really should not.

The advantage 1 wpf more in archery gives over 10 or so in a melee prof is substantially greater precisely because you can evade melee combat. And evading melee also makes your archery better by wearing cloth instead of armor.

It's just a matter of what the optimum between a dedicated and a hybrid archer is. Right now archer hybrids are really crap because of the importance of archery wpf, which forces a decent archery build to be made solely for it, instead of being balanced between it's ranged and melee capabilities like xbows and throwing. This causes kiting.

Secondly, when I say kiting is bad, it's my opinion. Your opinion can be anything. If you think putting litter out of the trash cans in public places is a good thing, it's none of my business. Although as a general rule I tend to prefer games where fights are not completely one sided and not fun at all for one of the players.

Offline peter_afca7

• Count
  • Renown: 224
  • Infamy: 113
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BLABLA
  • Game nicks: BLABLABLA
« Reply #289 on: May 31, 2012, 07:25:55 pm »
just play melee server...
u won't get satisfied with the coming range nerfs anyway ^^
you guys still dont understand melee server is like 0 people hole day and we want to play rageball and siege aswel lolololol

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: May 31, 2012, 07:28:50 pm »
+2
Then how about using shields or dodging properly?
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline Bjarky

• Earl
  • Renown: 352
  • Infamy: 31
  • U got gold? I bring tea, silk, hemp, camels +more!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Leadership member)
  • Game nicks: Guard_BD_Bjarky, Guard_the_Lederhosen
  • IRC nick: bjarky
« Reply #291 on: May 31, 2012, 08:11:02 pm »
you guys still dont understand melee server is like 0 people hole day and we want to play rageball and siege aswel lolololol
oh 0 people, well that just proves it all, u guys seem to like getting shot then  :lol:
also range on rageball aint that bad, i'm melee mah self.
keep asking for nerfs, wont matter, range always gets nerfed, the only thing they have now is headshots, soon they loose that too, won't change the range pop though, get ready for more kiting, thats all its gonna lead towards, weak archers will do everything they can to get away from melee.

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: May 31, 2012, 08:14:10 pm »
It's so funny you ranged troll players are  also trolls on the forums. Alot of you are either really really ignorant or straight up lying.

Either way, we need population back on the servers...

So for thoes of us who want this game to survive.....

SAVE C-RPG! NERF RANGED!

First of all my STF atm is a weaboo derp katana char. However unlike you, i've actually played every class that there is to play and although archers are annoying (especially HA) it's not the bow itself but more that they tend to run away and group up on you or as HA, they tend to bump and shoot you in turns.

The bow itself isn't that OP. But it's hard for dedicated melee extremists to realize it because hell.. There are even players who have played for 2 years or so and still are going melee and complain about ranged.

Play every class and stop being so narrow minded.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Old_Sir_Agor

• Baron
  • Renown: 85
  • Infamy: 65
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: DenBitre_Sir_Agor
« Reply #293 on: May 31, 2012, 11:22:36 pm »
Close this thread please ADMINS.
please
shooting at people from a reachable place as last man standing is not delaying. Even if you're on the other side of the map.

Offline OpenPalm

• Baron
  • Renown: 123
  • Infamy: 18
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Thes
« Reply #294 on: June 01, 2012, 12:23:38 am »
Ranged is fine you all are fools.  I think it's funny the only people complaining about kiting are the people that are being kited...
Quote from: Smoothrich
Racism against our chinese gold grinding brothers.

Offline polkafranzi

• Marshall
  • Renown: 814
  • Infamy: 276
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fun clan - Burg Krems, join with main or alt!
  • Game nicks: Adelheid, Wulfing, Hildebrand, Vulferam, Sepp, Pippa (r.i.p), Minjy
« Reply #295 on: June 01, 2012, 12:27:24 am »
Ranged is fine you all are fools.  I think it's funny the only people complaining about kiting are the people that are being kited...

No u.
Fucking LARPer.

willy wheels, owl wheels, bogey wheels, hot wheels, mag wheels, billy cursey, mary the dyke from across the road, john the black bloke, what about stamps? teddy i shit meself, fleming house, greggers, pop-inn, don't woory - 50, i mog ka musik, t

Offline OpenPalm

• Baron
  • Renown: 123
  • Infamy: 18
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Thes
« Reply #296 on: June 01, 2012, 12:29:05 am »
GASP I would nevar!  I ain't no nerd!

Also, my avatar would beat yours in a fight.   8-)
Quote from: Smoothrich
Racism against our chinese gold grinding brothers.

Offline polkafranzi

• Marshall
  • Renown: 814
  • Infamy: 276
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fun clan - Burg Krems, join with main or alt!
  • Game nicks: Adelheid, Wulfing, Hildebrand, Vulferam, Sepp, Pippa (r.i.p), Minjy
« Reply #297 on: June 01, 2012, 12:31:32 am »
GASP I would nevar!  I ain't no nerd!

Also, my avatar would beat yours in a fight.   8-)

only if she sat on his face with all dat booty...and suffocated him!

willy wheels, owl wheels, bogey wheels, hot wheels, mag wheels, billy cursey, mary the dyke from across the road, john the black bloke, what about stamps? teddy i shit meself, fleming house, greggers, pop-inn, don't woory - 50, i mog ka musik, t

Offline wanteds

• Earl
  • Renown: 396
  • Infamy: 133
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: polelord
« Reply #298 on: June 01, 2012, 12:44:23 am »
all what people like warlord want here - 1) less ranged on servers 2) dieing only by 5 or more arrows 3) allways survive 1 headshot 4) less runing speed by archers.

fuck how he said gen 36 lvl 32 and still so retarded.

We just want armor rating to actually mean something against arrows. Right now, it almost doesn't matter what your armor rating is, always receiving high amount of damage from archers. And I'm just talking about archers, xbows are balanced imo cause they are supposed to do more damage.

I have 24 str, 7 IF and 54 body armor, and I get 3 shotted (in body) by archers, while I can take much more hits from melee, and archers are not even in combat range with me and shoot from distance and at a high rate and if I manage to get close, they use their speed to get away and kill me anyway. You see the overkill power of archers?

Offline Miwiw

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 525
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Miwiw
« Reply #299 on: June 01, 2012, 12:50:44 am »
I have 24 str, 7 IF and 54 body armor, and I get 3 shotted (in body) by archers, while I can take much more hits from melee, and archers are not even in combat range with me and shoot from distance and at a high rate and if I manage to get close, they use their speed to get away and kill me anyway. You see the overkill power of archers?

Yes, how dare Archers even think about shooting you. And why do they attack you from a far distance? How dare they!
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me