Author Topic: New update on Damage?  (Read 849 times)

Offline //saxon

• King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 181
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • I'm just to dam goood 😎
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Saxon
New update on Damage?
« on: May 04, 2012, 12:17:18 am »
has the latest update messed with weapon damage? because after this new update i seem to die in 2 hits all the time.

i have loomed heavy armor and loomed heavy gauntlets and decent foot and head armor plus 7 IF and 21 STR(21 more hitpoints)

but it feels like i have no looms and im wearing tunic over mail or something like that with like 3 IF

for example on siege i got 40% took off me from a glance stab from the glaive which has very low pierce and then instantly killed by a 0 loomed katana.

it just doesn't seem correct any help?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Byrdi

• Earl
  • Renown: 489
  • Infamy: 59
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Byrdi, Swiss Chocolate, and lots of other alts
  • IRC nick: Byrdi
Re: New update on Damage?
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2012, 11:51:30 am »
EU is turning into something like NA, there are a lot more str builds nowadays. :(
I dont think they changed the damage.

Offline dodnet

• Duke
  • Renown: 595
  • Infamy: 149
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wolpertinger
  • Game nicks: DoD, DoD_Wolper
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2012, 01:39:45 pm »
I have a 30/9 build with 7 IF and often die by one or two hits...
The logic of war seems to be that if a belligerent can fight he will fight.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2012, 01:56:43 pm »
EU is turning into something like NA, there are a lot more str builds nowadays. :(
I dont think they changed the damage.

I really doubt that.. people arent that dumb maybe more people have begun to aim for the head i know i do i never aim for the body unless i do mindless spamming..

That said i wouldnt mind if more people do go str builds since its alot more easy to handle since you can outspam them or sidestep them  :twisted:
« Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 01:57:53 pm by Tzar »
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline Bars

• Earl
  • Renown: 349
  • Infamy: 18
  • cRPG Player
  • My name is Bars! And your end is here!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Bars
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2012, 02:12:37 pm »
Guys this is real life, sometimes armor dont help, it must :mrgreen: be so. And sometimes enemy hit not armor then head.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Someday i get it back, and remind all of you of what you have rightly feared

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2012, 05:14:34 pm »
has the latest update messed with weapon damage?

Its only coincidental (see the official patchlog).

cRPG damage VS armor is a complex formula that allows a VERY wide array of battle results (VERY VERY wide, and I find it awesome) : sometimes the same guy with the same weapon will cut me to pieces in 2 or 3 HITS (or even 1 BUT very rare), the next he will need DOUBLE or in extreme case TRIPLE the previous number of hits (so in some scenario you can be still standing your ground after multiple OH to the head in a group of people: epic).

I play the game with 36/3 12 IF for some generations and I can add that the efficiency of HP is greatly improved by the ARMOR.

Example :

- naked, even with over 9000 HP, I will die in 1 or 2 hits (3 if im lucky) like a peasant;

- medium armor (30-40 ARMOR), I will sometimes get killed in 1 hit, but more like 2+ (to 5+ hits if ultra lucky) like a proper warrior;

- UBER HEAVY ARMOR OF DEATH WITH BEVOR OF STUPIDITY +3 (70 ARMOR) I will ultra rarely die in 1 hits (a masterwork siege crossbow to the head or a couch at full speed 50% of the time), rarely to 2, most cases to 3/4 and lots of them to 5+++ (due to glances, poor angle, this is even improved) and this even against DAMAGE TYPE like pierce or blunt that ignore a % of the armor.

This is due to the soaking damage formula (that I fail to find) and the combination of the speed bonus applied to damages, damage type and all that shit and more and Im sure I dont know it all god I love this game (see Game Mechanic megathread for more info, every players should read that 10 times per day : http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,23607.0.html ).
« Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 05:15:45 pm by Butan »