Author Topic: Another discussion about patch  (Read 1640 times)

Offline Mildar

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Another discussion about patch
« on: January 05, 2011, 10:20:57 am »
I dont want to join whining of the lambs (and i will not) but i have some things to talk about with you guys. i always was light infantry (which will probadly be a standart now) and i feel little sad i wont be shining knight one day (at least not for long) but some questions are bugging me.

Why playing cRPG? why not Native?
Everyone will have average armor which i have in native too. but in cRPG i get it for team and in large team i am just a little piece that have no chance of deciding about victory. In native i get better equip from killing (which i can do well). getting lvls is so easy now that i don't feel the urge to play to have better stats. only thing that this mod have and native does not is Strategus... which i do not play (at least now). So somebody please convince me playing cRPG more than native.

other questions just slipped my mind.. this is the biggest for me

Offline FICO

• Noble
  • Renown: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bandits
  • Game nicks: Bandit_FICO
Re: Another discussion about patch
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2011, 10:50:23 am »
storytelling time:
your average equipped team lost from another average team. your commanding guy tells that few of you take your shiny armours from closet and wipe dust from it, because your team needs some wrecking balls. so 4 of you get into can... erm... shiny knightly armour and stand behind comrades' shieldwall. when close, you rush in, arrows bouncing from your plate and brake the line of enemy, while your comrades deal with dispatched chunk of enemy once-invincible army. next round you go back to average joes, but for your team you're THE MAN. what tactic will enemy use this time? what tactic are you going to use?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

A fighter is more dangerous, starved, sick, injured, sleep-deprived, drunk and naked than the normal person is well-fed, healthy, whole, rested, cold sober and armed to the teeth

Offline BlackGyver

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • cRPG Player
  • What's up white girl ?
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vendredi (formerly), Ninja_BlackGyver, Polydextrose_Bonbon, Professeur_Tournesol, Marc_Assin
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2011, 11:01:44 am »
Mildar, we don't have or want to convince you. If you like cRPG, stay. If you don't, leave. Period.

Offline Morty

• Noble
  • Renown: 19
  • Infamy: 22
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2011, 02:23:23 pm »
What a diplomatic and constructive reply.  :rolleyes:

Offline Brutal

• Baron
  • Renown: 91
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Pecores_Brutal_le chacal Cold_stone Bazooka
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2011, 02:42:01 pm »
Why did you quit native for cRPG in the first place ?

Answer that and you will know why you will play cRPG rather than native, except of course if you're a mindless grinder but in that case you got wow to satisfy your urges.

personally i got bored of native after 2 days and then discovered this incredible mod.

Offline Adelaide_de_Toronto

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Swabian
  • Game nicks: Scarlett_Lass, Crimson_Bec, Repentance
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2011, 06:32:54 pm »
personally i got bored of native after 2 days and then discovered this incredible mod.

I bet most of us feel that way.

Anyone who is doubting the new patched mod should wait it out and not make any demands for at least one week.

Offline Ishar

• Noble
  • Renown: 18
  • cRPG Player
  • Mr Shitgrin
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Ishar_III
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2011, 06:40:20 pm »
Personally, I think the wide selection of items did the trick for me. Single-player native is not bad, but multiplayer native has sooo much less equipment. Also, from time to time, it forces me to play roles I don't like: vaegirs, khergits, things like that. Here, I have my custom equipment, things that I like: big shield, nord looks, throwing axes - in native, I can't always use these.
Also, being in 80-120 battles is sweet.
"Also, thank you for reporting your own post." Mylet

Offline Mildar

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2011, 05:53:10 pm »
thanks for replyes guys (not the unconstructive one). i cannot say i was fully conviced (liked the RP reminder thought) but yesterday i saw what cRPG is missing. cRPG is missing some guys that multiplied after prize drops at steam (i call them Anti-Social Sociopaths ((ASS)) ) that are hitting teammates at spawn like if it is huge fun to spoil everyones game. So i think i will stick with you guys. With RP lovers (one day i maybe join some of you) and all mighty.. trolls. Hope i won't see much of ASSes at cRPG ;)

Offline sigge

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
  • best avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2011, 05:59:47 pm »
Why playing cRPG? why not Native?

cRPG reminds me of runescape. alot of good childhood memories come with that. native on the other hand is just something i got bored of after two days, as mentioned earlier ITT.
ismo lopeta