Author Topic: NA vs EU  (Read 3696 times)

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
  • Renown: 513
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Formerly "Marathon". #sluttiestAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Cyclopsided_of_Chaos, CYBD, Brunchlady
  • IRC nick: Cyclopsided
Re: NA vs EU
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2012, 07:48:07 am »
True , we have those retards in eu...False , you don't know how to fight  :twisted: spamming left click and praying god to hit before your opponent is nothing near "actual fighting" . You character does a different animation when you click right mouse and no , it is not a bug it's a feature called " blocking" or "parrying"  8-)
Most random pub players can block at least three times before dying. And any decent player can block for a good minute straight.
only like 10% of the population at most can't block more than once.
Most decent EU players tend to get a lot of kills on NA pubbies because the pub players simply aren't used to the EU fighting style (S key, outranging hits for victory) and instead just die to simple greed rather than being outblocked.
Same thing when I go to EU, I get tons of kills because eu pub players are not used to my fighting style and I go typically at least 2 or 3:1 with 170 ping to EU.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 07:49:27 am by Marathon »
Also, I have declared myself #1 NA hybrid thrower
Formerly known as Marathon.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2012, 08:51:05 am »
High ping can be an advantage, if you know how to abuse it.

Also, Leshma, you couldn't be farther from the truth. I do have a shielder alt, but it's a male nord. And I usually play him without the shield, because shielding is lame.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?

Offline BADPLAYERold

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 362
  • Infamy: 163
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: PRO
  • Game nicks: BADPLAYER
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2012, 12:20:21 pm »
no

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2012, 04:17:20 pm »
no
QFT

It really is not and can not be an advantage. Higher ping is purely disadvantageous.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2012, 07:19:26 pm »
Oh right, I forgot that I'm among software engineers with years of practice writing network code. I accept your opinion as fact, then, thanks!

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2012, 07:32:52 pm »
This is usually how I feel about United States v Europe (sorry Canada and Mexico, you're just not on this one):

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2012, 07:53:21 pm »
This is usually how I feel about United States v Europe (sorry Canada and Mexico, you're just not on this one):

(click to show/hide)

I think I just fell in love with you.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Angantyr

• King
  • Renown: 1134
  • Infamy: 130
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2012, 08:01:30 pm »

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)
+1

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2012, 06:02:41 am »
Oh right, I forgot that I'm among software engineers with years of practice writing network code. I accept your opinion as fact, then, thanks!
Explain one advantage to higher ping in the netcoding of warband.
One.

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • Renown: 467
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
  • Relax, it is just a life...
    • View Profile
    • Wanna work with me? Ping for more info!
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Fapulena, Useless
  • IRC nick: Cepeshi
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2012, 06:11:27 am »
One.

Not in the code, but for one i tend to underestimate high pingers and usually get punished for that. You know, once you got killed by some new name, you check him on boards, you see him high pinger and you are like: kek, i has the bettah pingz, i will own him...but when i approach i got surprised by some uberfast attack or something i just did not expect.  :mrgreen:

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2012, 08:29:29 am »

bahahah

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2012, 09:05:49 pm »
One.

Well, I have the Torque source code, if you can tell me which version of the Torque engine is used in Warband, I can even prove my claims with code snippets.

Meanwhile, I can try to explain it on a higher level, though. Maybe you have already noticed, that animations and movement in Warband is always smooth (with occasional hiccups, of course), unlike in other games, where high pingers seem to be teleported across the map. This is because it uses client prediction to smooth out gaps in position updates. What this means is that your computer tries to calculate the current position of enemy players based on previous movement. If your own connection to the server is bad, this position will be inaccurate, especially, if the enemy is moving around in circles. So far, so good.
Now if a high pinger is on the server, his position updates for the server will be delayed. You are correct, that this is mostly a problem for himself, because he will see all other players in positions, where they won't be, because his own client prediction will of course be terribly inaccurate. But it is also a problem for everybody else, because he will obviously have to base his movement decisions on his version of the game world (which will be very much delayed, compared with the game world of the players with regular ping). This will make it very difficult to predict his motions for other players, making them miss very often (especially with overheads and stabs). This fact can be abused by donning heavy armor while spamming and moving in figure-8 form. It works especially well in very tight situations, when the high-pinger is surrounded by enemies, because they will then mostly rely on overheads, in order to not hit their teammates. Funnily enough, they will achieve exactly the opposite.

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • Renown: 467
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
  • Relax, it is just a life...
    • View Profile
    • Wanna work with me? Ping for more info!
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Fapulena, Useless
  • IRC nick: Cepeshi
« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2012, 07:46:29 am »
Well, I have the Torque source code, if you can tell me which version of the Torque engine is used in Warband, I can even prove my claims with code snippets.

Meanwhile, I can try to explain it on a higher level, though. Maybe you have already noticed, that animations and movement in Warband is always smooth (with occasional hiccups, of course), unlike in other games, where high pingers seem to be teleported across the map. This is because it uses client prediction to smooth out gaps in position updates. What this means is that your computer tries to calculate the current position of enemy players based on previous movement. If your own connection to the server is bad, this position will be inaccurate, especially, if the enemy is moving around in circles. So far, so good.
Now if a high pinger is on the server, his position updates for the server will be delayed. You are correct, that this is mostly a problem for himself, because he will see all other players in positions, where they won't be, because his own client prediction will of course be terribly inaccurate. But it is also a problem for everybody else, because he will obviously have to base his movement decisions on his version of the game world (which will be very much delayed, compared with the game world of the players with regular ping). This will make it very difficult to predict his motions for other players, making them miss very often (especially with overheads and stabs). This fact can be abused by donning heavy armor while spamming and moving in figure-8 form. It works especially well in very tight situations, when the high-pinger is surrounded by enemies, because they will then mostly rely on overheads, in order to not hit their teammates. Funnily enough, they will achieve exactly the opposite.

:shock:

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2012, 10:36:13 am »

I hardly think that is an advantage. It's just pretty much the only thing you CAN do since other things are rendered not viable due to latency.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2012, 11:17:34 am »
(click to show/hide)

Russia is like a black hole
Meaning lies as much