Author Topic: Arrow Damage Type  (Read 6688 times)

Offline HexBag

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: HexBag/HexMurder
Re: Arrow Damage Type
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2011, 11:07:54 am »
So you're saying it's normal and ok for it to require 8+ arrows to kill someone in heavy armor? 6 Arrows to kill a non armored horse, and 4 headshots to kill a plated one? 3 hits to kill someone naked? Crossbows can still 1 shot someone from across the map, and they still have piercing damage as well. Probably time to roll up a pure crossbowman ;)

i completly agree, i was in a rooftop and it took me 4-6 hits to down the other archer in the next building, close to 30 arrows from all the misses, and suddenly a tincan with a sniper xbow headshots me from across the map lol.

Offline Helrekkr

• Noble
  • Renown: 16
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Shogunate_Helrekkr
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2011, 11:30:50 am »
than buy a cheaper crossbow...you dont need the best crossbow heirloomed as a side weapon

I don't use it as a side weapon :P

Point being, I also plan on sinking most of my points in XBow wpf for the better accuracy and faster reload and I just realised I won't really be able to afford wearing even the LIGHT setup i was going with before the patch (nevermind the great helm, transitional armor and hourglass gauntlets; now I can barely afford using my old sword and board together with my xbow even if I run around in leather)

Which is ok. Also, you should consider sinking only 90% of your points in archery and putting the rest in 1h or 2h, or whatever you like that you can afford in addition to your bow, since WPF costs seem to increase at a much steeper rate, making a 100% pure char only slightly better than one that diversifies.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 11:34:55 am by Helrekkr »

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2011, 07:36:27 pm »
My archer alt approves this patch. Whine on!

Offline Maira

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • War is won at the cost of a great loss.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Houses of Cards (House of Hearts)
  • Game nicks: Loz, King_Charles_of_Hearts
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2011, 07:44:39 pm »
I may be crazy but my HA aim seems to have improved after the patch, even with lower horse archery skill. Granted I didn't kill anyone, but it's much easier to shoot, even from my courser at full gallop. I'll have to experiment with head shots, cause body shots won't kill anyone. O.O

Offline StanleyPain

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: (>'.'<)(*)(*)(¯`·._) LLJK (¯`·._) (*)(*) (>'.'<)
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2011, 07:48:06 pm »
Oddly enough I do find that accuracy is improved with this patch somehow. Even though the aiming reticle shows a wider range arrows tend to fly dead centre anyway.

Offline [ptx]

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2011, 07:51:01 pm »
Good accuracy is perfectly achievable within the soft levelcap. I did well even without it, was topping scoreboards with my lvl24 archer a bit ago. Archery feels fine, actually, even better than before patch. Suggestion to whiners - l2play or roll another class.

Offline bruce

• Count
  • Renown: 262
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the Freak Army of the Gnjus / Saracens
  • Game nicks: Saracen_el_Brus
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2011, 08:03:55 pm »
Suggestion to whiners - l2play or roll another class.

But its not easymode now, what makes people rage.

I rolled one just to see how it works, and so far so good (still a peasant, but I get kills).
Best ban reason ever:
Quote from: Wookimonsta
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".

Offline StanleyPain

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2011, 08:05:40 pm »
It's not a learn to play issue. I did a bunch of tests last night. With my Kheg bow + bodkins it took 3 arrows to kill a naked person, 5-7 to kill someone in medium armour and over 8 to kill someone in anything heavy.

It took anywhere from 2-4 headshots to bring down a plated charger and around 12-20 bodyshots depending where you hit. When I switched to a strong bow it took a couple less hits at times but even with a 150WPF the draw/notch animation is slow and there's a good 300-500ms delay on your arrow actually releasing when you have max aim.

[ptx] Which bow are you using?

Offline [ptx]

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2011, 08:07:33 pm »
Longbow.

Offline StanleyPain

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2011, 08:11:13 pm »
Is it heirloomed?

Offline [ptx]

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2011, 08:19:06 pm »
It might be, tho its still cutting damage. You do also know that you can now also heirloom your arrows for more damage?
Even so, i saw other archers, armed with khergit and strong bows, firing both fast and precise, dealing less, but still decent damage to kill medium armored people in 3 hits, where it takes me 2.

Offline StanleyPain

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2011, 08:27:41 pm »
Heirlooming makes all the difference in accuracy/speed these days. Those where probably heirloomed arrows being fired. I have nothing heirloomed and that seems to be the biggest problem seeing that I do shit for damage with a strong bow + bodkins. There really should have been a nice clean wipe. I can't even imagine how much rage a wipe would cause though ;)

Offline Juhanius

• Legendary Engraver
  • Count
  • Renown: 261
  • Infamy: 26
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "I always hated crossbows, take too long to load!"
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Juhanius, Stormy_Repairs
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2011, 08:32:16 pm »
I just dont get it! Why archers had to be nerfed so badly? I dont remember archer never been ultimate killing machines like heavy cavalery or black armoured tincans. Honestly how many times you seen an archer top of the killing list. :shock:

Offline [ptx]

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2011, 08:33:36 pm »
Noone has heirloomed arrows yet, since we can't retire so far. It does not improve draw speed, longbow is SLOOOOOOOOOOOW. Armored people CAN take a few arrows, i usually just hit them to stun, so they get killed in melee. But they wont last in their armor for long.
What is more, even with 0 PS (i had 2 PS before patch), my archer feels far more competent in melee, so i am not automatically screwed, whenever someone gets to me.

@Juhanius - Whenever any lvl35+ archer with at least some idea how to play came online?

Offline Formless

• Baron
  • Renown: 102
  • Infamy: 74
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2011, 08:36:50 pm »
How will heirlooming bows work now?  What are the bonuses that you get per heirloom to lets say a longbow?
“Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless - like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup, you put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, you put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.” - Bruce Lee