Author Topic: Cost of being a tank  (Read 4823 times)

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
Re: Cost of being a tank
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2011, 06:45:56 am »
So the only way to tank anymore is based on skill.  Whelp there goes half the servers.

omg, could it be...

Have the devs heard our chatter about the good ol' days and taken pity upon us?  Those glorious times when Destin rode a sumpter with a straw hat and a long hafted blade, balb used a nordic shield and a saber, fedor morningstar overheaded everything in sight, I used a warspear/cav shield/shortsword in a red tunic and all was amazing and good on the 30 man and then 64 man server?  Could this be the 2nd coming?!

PLEASE SAY IT'S SO, OH WISE AND MERCIFUL chadz!

*harp music, shining light and an angelic choir is cued in the background, ready to go*
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Gamb

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2011, 06:47:46 am »
Guys...I found out that if you got more kills then deaths+u kill in every round at least 1 person,you dont pay upkeep or repair...

Offline Ghimel

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2011, 07:39:06 am »
What Reinhart says looks true. I dont play strategus (was considering looking for a clan sometime in the future) just crpg so this makes it look like playing will actually cost gold. At what gear level does it actually cost less gold in upkeep than what you are winning? Anyone know the magic gear combo to actually make money yet?

Also, is the idea that you have to play strategus to make money now? *confused*

I may be in the same boat.

Offline Poetrydog

• Noble
  • Renown: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Poetrydog, Fallen_Santa_Rudolph, Fallen_Poetryfox
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2011, 08:41:45 am »
Well strategus still got the "are you waiting for something" screen when i go to it so hopefully that not the point
Quote from: RamsesXXIX
Running around naked with 80 other guys.

Offline krampe

• Knight
  • Renown: 29
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Count Palatine of the Rhine
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pony
  • Game nicks: krampe and the moons
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2011, 09:57:30 am »
Did anyone of you ever read the changelog-question-answer thread?

Items only degrade when your TEAM lose a round, whatever you did.
Sacrum Romanum Imperium

Yeah, well you know, that's just like, your opinion, man.

Offline Tungsten

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2011, 10:03:28 am »
Did anyone of you ever read the changelog-question-answer thread?

Items only degrade when your TEAM lose a round, whatever you did.

Good thing you can't switch teams and can be auto balanced onto the losing team after finally winning for a 20 game losing streak?

System needs tweaking. Right direction just a matter of the numbers game now.

The reason a lot of people liked this mod (myself included) is that it took time and grit and a lot of deaths to get to the point you were wearing a shiney new piece of gear and wielding a swag new weapon and could start racking up kills. The only problem I saw with the last patch was the WPF carrying over so highly retired players just lol'd all over everyone because they had high WPF and a bec de lolbin or highly leveled characters ran as fast as everyone else and swung even faster in full plate.

Those issues were fixed, but then I barely see anybody but the winning team using their good gear now. The snowballing can be fairly disgusting. Rather punishing to lose a round and drop 7k gold because I tried to help my team out by wearing my good armour and wielding my good weapons. Just too much to only get 50 gold a tick on the losing team while the winning team gets 250 a tick, massively more xp AND no durability hits so all of them are wearing chain/plate.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 10:53:40 am by Tungsten »
Tungsten_ATS

Offline Wallace

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WallaceBRD
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2011, 10:31:34 pm »
Well this derailed a tad so here we go

What if IF offered 1 HP and 2 body armor passive

Or some balanced amount cause i realize 12 IFwould make tanks retarded beasts

This would allow people putting points into tanking more capable of leading attacks again
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Seawied

• Knight
  • Renown: 45
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
  • Climbing in yo window, snatching yo people up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2011, 10:34:04 pm »
Well this derailed a tad so here we go

What if IF offered 1 HP and 2 body armor passive

Or some balanced amount cause i realize 12 IFwould make tanks retarded beasts

This would allow people putting points into tanking more capable of leading attacks again

I'd rather have 2hp and 1 body armor.
So with PT >10 stones become simple too effective
:lol:

Offline balbaroth

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2011, 10:50:59 pm »
omg, could it be...

Have the devs heard our chatter about the good ol' days and taken pity upon us?  Those glorious times when Destin rode a sumpter with a straw hat and a long hafted blade, balb used a nordic shield and a saber, fedor morningstar overheaded everything in sight, I used a warspear/cav shield/shortsword in a red tunic and all was amazing and good on the 30 man and then 64 man server?  Could this be the 2nd coming?!

PLEASE SAY IT'S SO, OH WISE AND MERCIFUL chadz!

*harp music, shining light and an angelic choir is cued in the background, ready to go*

the memories !  even with 2 powerstrike and 172 1h , i'm still op survey says

Offline Maze

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Remnants of Stratia
  • Game nicks: Maze_RS
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2011, 10:51:20 pm »
I'm going to miss the tin cans/tanks. I was able to beat a fair bit of them because a lot of them never blocked and were so slow.

Offline Ishar

• Noble
  • Renown: 18
  • cRPG Player
  • Mr Shitgrin
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Ishar_III
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2011, 11:04:40 pm »
At what gear level does it actually cost less gold in upkeep than what you are winning? Anyone know the magic gear combo to actually make money yet?

This will seem awful, but:
Tribal Warrior Outfit
Nordic Fighter Helmet
Blue Hose (just to not be a hobbit)
Nordic Sword
Leather Covered Round Shield
Throwing Axes (two stacks)

That's my grinding equipment, very cheap (the axes are the most expensive), and still kind of effective. If needed, I bring out the huscarl shield, thick mail gauntlets, mail greaves and huscarl helmet.
My best gear isn't far from that actually: changing the throwing axes to heavies, and the nordic sword to tempered NCS.

I know, even my 'expensive' gear is kinda mid-tier, but this proved quite effective. I started today from level 3 and practically no gold (<1000), got to level 20 and 14k gold in a few hours. Now I'm not saying I wasn't lucky, but keeping your gear at a sensible level (cheap, but not totally useless) is crucial now.
"Also, thank you for reporting your own post." Mylet

Offline balbaroth

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2011, 11:05:47 pm »
I'm going to miss the tin cans/tanks. I was able to beat a fair bit of them because a lot of them never blocked and were so slow.

i'll be able to substain my chain armor for months but  good bye siege xbow  2.3k repair for a xbow that was hanging on my back that i never used,
im actually glad about it , we will see far less pew pew pew which is good news

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2011, 11:06:50 pm »
the memories !  even with 2 powerstrike and 172 1h , i'm still op survey says

Damn you!  :(
I could only get up to 130 1h wpp.  Granted that's what I had before the patch so I didn't really lose anything, but my polearm skill is only 100 now instead of 130 and I no longer have throwing or xbow wpp (or PT).  So a nice streamline but you're still going to be faster :(.  I have 5 PS though so maybe when I get that hit on you you'll fuggin die dammit.  :)

See ya on the field bro.
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Tai Feng

• Noble
  • Renown: 14
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2011, 11:17:02 pm »
So was this patch meant to punish those of us who don't sit in sniper nests safe from deaths?

Infantry is easier now because of huge decrease of projectiles in the air.

(I mostly play in peasant shirt btw.)
Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.

Imperial army: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4muBipy9-Q

Offline YIT_Lanka

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2011, 12:09:55 am »
At what gear level does it actually cost less gold in upkeep than what you are winning? Anyone know the magic gear combo to actually make money yet?

Haubergeon, splinted greaves, leather gloves, kettle helm, fine strong bow, 2 large bags of khergit arrows and a bec de corbin => I was getting more gold than upkeep kept eating. Replace one bag of arrows and the bec de corbin with huscarl shield&elite scimitar and I was still getting slightly more gold than upkeep taking it.

So haubergeon-rank armor set + shield&1 hander seems plausable to me. Maybe cheapest lance there to stop those horsies that seem to be popping up more and more. And the haubergeon in my opinion is quite enough; you still need few good hits from 2-handers/cavalry to go down.