Author Topic: Polls on Wooki, Lilith/Nuffen AND [ptx] - DISCUSSION  (Read 26054 times)

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Polls on Wooki and Lilith/Nuffen - DISCUSSION
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2011, 09:29:54 pm »
That can be applied both ways.

Howso? How did I do anything wrong?  :lol:
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Nemeth

• Knight
  • Renown: 34
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Nemeth
  • IRC nick: Nemeth
« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2011, 09:31:21 pm »
Well, if you don't see how teamkilling is wrong, then you deserved to be banned  :lol:

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2011, 09:32:25 pm »
Well, if you don't see how teamkilling is wrong, then you deserved to be banned  :lol:

Explain to me how it's wrong to teamkill someone at the end of the map when your team has an assured victory?
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Balton

• Knight
  • Renown: 56
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
  • Divine Being
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Death God
  • Game nicks: GoD_Balton_the_Buff
« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2011, 09:33:08 pm »
Nemeth, the admins' best deep-throater.
Wherever I tread, only chaos & destruction follow.

Offline Alex_C

• Knight
  • Renown: 30
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guard of Istiniar
  • Game nicks: IG_Earl_Alexander
  • IRC nick: ISPCA_Alexanger
« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2011, 09:34:06 pm »
Explain to me how it's wrong to teamkill someone at the end of the map when your team has an assured victory?

Morality is irrelevant. By playing on the server, you're accepting the rules of said server. One of these rules is not to team-attack/kill intentionally.

Offline Nemeth

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2011, 09:34:34 pm »
I guess that's the lack of common sense. Why would you kill him in the first place? For fun? I mean what he hell? I mean, I enjoy general goofing around too, but just cut this shit out when admin's on ^^

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 26, 2011, 09:35:04 pm »
Morality is irrelevant. By playing on the server, you're accepting the rules of said server. One of these rules is not to team-attack/kill intentionally.

Why is the rule there? Surely not to prevent what I did? I'll help you out - it's not there for that. It's there to prevent harmful teamkilling. That's where common sense and admin discretion steps in.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Alex_C

• Knight
  • Renown: 30
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guard of Istiniar
  • Game nicks: IG_Earl_Alexander
  • IRC nick: ISPCA_Alexanger
« Reply #37 on: February 26, 2011, 09:39:26 pm »
Why is the rule there? Surely not to prevent what I did? I'll help you out - it's not there for that. It's there to prevent harmful teamkilling. That's where common sense and admin discretion steps in.

Rule utiltarianism, look it up.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 26, 2011, 09:40:41 pm »
Rule utiltarianism, look it up.

Irrelevant.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Nemeth

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 26, 2011, 09:43:13 pm »
You can't just bend the rules to your liking. The rule is clear: no intentional teamkilling. Follow the rules and you'll be fine. You're playing with the fire here, so you can't be surprised you get yourself burnt.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 26, 2011, 09:44:26 pm »
You can't just bend the rules to your liking. The rule is clear: no intentional teamkilling. Follow the rules and you'll be fine. You're playing with the fire here, so you can't be surprised you get yourself burnt.

With good admins (most of them are) there's no need to be slaves to the rules.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline IG_Saint

• Count
  • Renown: 196
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: IG
« Reply #41 on: February 26, 2011, 09:45:59 pm »
Xant, this is not the place to whine. But you really show how a lot of those who wanna remove my admin rights are failing.
First, you intentionally tked, you even admitted it. For this you were not banned, as I should have, but only got a kick. I did an error here, as I was afraid of people thinking I was doing it because you voted to remove you. Such things shouldnt afflict admins actions (even if this was the opposite of what kophka accuses me of). I shouldve banned you, and you know it.
You also know you broke the rules, still, instead of accepting the kick, or even trying to justify your actions, you start spamming about me abusing. So again, I shouldve banned you, but I muted you.
Then, you go here to whine about it, only to show how unserious some of you guys are.

Thank you.

The bolded part might be why so many people +1'd you. First offences should never be a ban, always a kick and/or warning. With the exception of extreme cases, team killing sprees, extreme racism and so on.

I voted yes for wooki, because of the whole ts/DoW2 thing which is just ridiculous. And no for lilith, since he does genuinely try to be a good admin, just screws up now and then.

Edit:

That's easy to say, but when you're on a server late at night with no admin on, it's alot easier to just hit the intentional teamattacker back, rather than make a whole thread with screens to get him banned. Which brings me back to my point that first offences should never be a ban and always a kick/warning: because mitigating circumstances do exist (not enough to justify intentional TKing, but enough to justify not getting an instant ban for it).
« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 09:50:49 pm by IG_Saint »

Offline Trippin

• Noble
  • Renown: 17
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 26, 2011, 09:46:14 pm »
Also Tripp, it's not true that he is good.  He is terrible, capable only of hiding till the rounds end (or else dying within the first few seconds of combat at the beginning of the round) and then s-keying like it's going out of style while spamming left and right with a long hafted blade.  No dueling skill, no footwork skill, no skill period.

I know he is bad. I have seen him fight, all he does is spam. The worst part of it is that he thinks he is the shit.

Offline SeQuel

• Earl
  • Renown: 446
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SeQueL
  • IRC nick: SeQueL
« Reply #43 on: February 26, 2011, 09:46:28 pm »
BACK TO THE TOPIC - Ban Balton, end of CRPG problems.

oh wait, thats off topic. ON TOPIC - I voted no for both.

Offline Kophka

• Baron
  • Renown: 92
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
  • for the final ride
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnants
  • Game nicks: Kophka/Koschei
  • IRC nick: Kophka
« Reply #44 on: February 26, 2011, 09:47:04 pm »
The admins job is to enforce the rules. The rules are the things that keep the majority of  the players happy and in a playable enviroment, that is NOT an admins job. They are there to enforce the rules. Don't like the rules, find another server to play in, or get the rules changed. Don't dog an admin for enforcing clearly stated rules. Fire an admin when they take it beyond rules, and mute/kick/ban for personal reasons, or "sillyness". If there is no rule about it, then the admins can get it changed just like a normal player.