Author Topic: Guild Wars 2  (Read 12400 times)

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 68
  • Infamy: 788
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
Re: Guild Wars 2
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2012, 12:25:58 am »
This is made by Arena.Net, NA devs not the typical NCsoft devs from S. Korea...

AION is shit because it was made by Korean devs.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2012, 12:41:49 am »
:O No more grind is the best thing I've ever heard. Been curious about this game, but now that I know they're actually lowering the amount of grind. Awesome!

They're not completely omitting the grind. You may sidekick and you may get bolstered to certain level and gear, but you'll still look like a lowbie. And I believe in World PvP you won't have all the skills/perks until you hit lvl 80, so you're a bit gimped till you hit max level.

Anyway, I too love that they're reducing the grind or atleast hiding it, making this a game that is about playing for fun, not playing because you need to level or get better gear. That's what I really like about it.

You haven't played GW. It's all about builds, there's almost no grind. And you can change your build as many times as you want to, something that's not possible in smelly c-rpg Q_Q

Why you Pecores folks like grind so much?

I'm getting a lot of flak here :lol:

Actually, I genuinely enjoy the grind, and I admit it. Acheiving things is a natural part of happiness, and the patience/effort needed only makes it more satisfying to reach. I know this is completely meaningless and sort of weird to impose yourself difficulties in order to be more happy when you surpass them, but playing as a whole is just as useless from that perspective.

Also, in GW the levels were only the tutorial. The real grind was about getting skills and weapon upgrades, and I didn't really liked it honestly. It felt sort of too random, as in, you're lucky or you're not. If prefer games where the leveling is ultra slow but at least you can do it ad infinitum (usually because high levels end up taking years). You stop when you're bored.

Enjoy your korean grindfest with a cash shop!

Typical. The number of times I heard this nonsense is uncountable. Nobody forces you to pay, and nobody needs the cash shop items to play. If it isn't the case for you, your mind is simply too weak to resist. Buying "bonuses" usually only spoils your fun because everything is faster and you don't enjoy the full length of it.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2012, 01:41:19 am »
Necro was always my favourite:

http://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/professions/necromancer/

Bone minions + putrid explosion  :lol:

Either that or ranger.

Looks like there's going to be an open beta in a couple of months to.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 02:08:27 am by Overdriven »

Offline Mala

• Earl
  • Renown: 412
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2012, 03:20:13 am »
GW1 had a cap of 20 and you could reach it in 2-3 days.

Levels was not the focus of the game it was the pvp and the story.

Some games provide you with lots to do during the leveling then you have barely anything to do at cap and there's games like guildwars that the first levels are just prologue of the game.

Well, you had to "grind" to unlock most of the skills.

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2012, 03:54:12 am »
possibilities were endless with gw, thats why it was so fun. and for pvp there was zero level/gear grind, it was all free. there was some grind to unlock skills but it was minimal.

you could use your own teamates as zombies, ress them with monk upkeep spell, cast necro spells on them and then detonate them by stopping the upkeep and therefor killing them again.

Offline HarunYahya

• Marshall
  • Renown: 965
  • Infamy: 309
  • cRPG Player
  • Proud Abdulla wielder
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BashiBazouks
  • Game nicks: HarunYahya,HarunShootya,Inan
  • IRC nick: HarunYahya
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2012, 04:25:47 am »
About the dynamic events thingy:
First RIFT introduced this feature in MMORPG games.I played RIFT and i can say it is one of the best things a MMORPG can have !
RIFT community was shit tho , i didn't enjoy it but in GW 2 it is different, quests are related to events in RIFT dynamic events were bonus occasions.

(click to show/hide)
About ARENANET and GW 2 all i can say it is brilliant.
I've read lots of articles from devs about GW 2 they are so fukken logical.

They said " We added a downed state,if your hp bar runs out , you get into downed state on this state you have few skills like throwing your blade or throw sand on your enemies eyes this is where you make your last stand before you die your skills of downed state differs by your class . If you can kill your enemies on downed state , you can recover from it and get back to normal , if any other player helps you to kill them you can recover , if you fail to kill enemies when the time runs out you go into defeated state on this state ANY player in the map can ressurrect you if no one around you can just choose a spawn point from checkpoints you discover from map.We are not giving any negative effects to recently dead players.We made this game for you to play and enjoy why would we put a limit on how you play this game ? You don't lose portion of your experience point or gold , you don't get a negative buff to reduce your abilities and stats , you don't have to run into the place you died as a ghost to revive we don't want you to waste your time on doing that play the game instead !"
This summary i made is actually the summary of whole game and Arenanet's plan.
They worked hard on this game and they want it to be played.
They removed healer class to make people independent to 1 guy in parties .
For fucks sake after WoW no one had guys to question holy trident system lol
Seriously why the fuck do we need healers ?
Or tanks ?
They solved it by giving all classes self heals and crowd control abilities . Every classes ability can interact with each other .
For example an elementalist can set flame onto the ground and if the ranger shoots arrows through the fire , arrows deal fire damage over time this is fucking brilliant !
GW2's underwater battle system is so amusing.
I can't wait to see my ranger hunting underwater with harpoon and my shark pet lol.

Sidenote:
I dunno if you guys played but LOTRO had the all details that you could ask from a mmorpg.
(click to show/hide)

I know this post becomes TLTR with every word i put in but to sum it up i must say:
Fuck grinding with little details combined together , we can create memories of joy that we cannot forget for long time.

Offline Mala

• Earl
  • Renown: 412
  • Infamy: 61
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2012, 05:11:18 am »
First RIFT introduced this feature in MMORPG games.I played RIFT and i can say it is one of the best things a MMORPG can have !

Hmm, i have seen something similar in Horizon before.

Oh, and LotRO had a super crafting system? Well, if you say so.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 05:13:47 am by Mala »

Offline HarunYahya

• Marshall
  • Renown: 965
  • Infamy: 309
  • cRPG Player
  • Proud Abdulla wielder
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BashiBazouks
  • Game nicks: HarunYahya,HarunShootya,Inan
  • IRC nick: HarunYahya
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2012, 05:24:14 am »
+1
Well, if you say so.
Thanks for reminding me that whatever i say shall be accepted by my minions.
I'll reward you my loyal follower.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2012, 07:36:05 am »
Warhammer had dynamic events too and that was way before RIFT.

As for Open Beta, there really won't be a real Open Beta, just special Press Beta in February and then a semi Open Beta (you need an invite to get in) or possibly even Beta Weekends like GW1, they haven't confirmed that however.

So don't expect an open Open Beta :)
Also GW2 is American.

Oh, one thing to note is that the leveling curve in GW2 is flat. That means if 20-21 takes you about an hour, 65-66 will also take about an hour.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 09:06:13 am by Vibe »

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2012, 11:20:41 am »
Well they confirmed a press beta in feb, and a public beta in march/april which they said would be limited at first but would be accelerated to a fully open beta quickly. I've read quite a few preview articles from the past few weeks that have said this.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 508
  • Infamy: 2049
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2012, 12:54:21 pm »
Warhammer had dynamic events too and that was way before RIFT.

You mean public quests?

Or in PvP, controlling territories and such thing?

Yeah, that part of WAR was really good.

Offline Thovex

• Marshall
  • Renown: 851
  • Infamy: 210
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Thovex
« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2012, 01:45:11 pm »
Ignis Aeternum HomePage
(click to show/hide)
GW 2 deserves love and we gonna give it what it deserves for sure .
On this Guild we welcome cRPG players who would like to play GW2 together with us and also we'll be probably open to recruit ingame.

Yarp, we're all getting it + alot more interested to come along, we also looking for captains since we don't want Merciless running a guild now do we?  :rolleyes:

Umbra atleast gave it a shot so don't be shy.  :)

Even Leshma is coming!  :o

Well they confirmed a press beta in feb, and a public beta in march/april which they said would be limited at first but would be accelerated to a fully open beta quickly. I've read quite a few preview articles from the past few weeks that have said this.

Correct, this is also from their main blog. ( But press beta was in March as well I believe, not sure tho)
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 01:48:23 pm by Thovex »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2012, 01:50:24 pm »
I'm getting it as well but I'm not joining you.  :twisted:
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.

Offline Thovex

• Marshall
  • Renown: 851
  • Infamy: 210
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Thovex
« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2012, 01:51:05 pm »
phew :P

Offline Fluffy_Muffin

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 429
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Tribunal
  • Game nicks: Vivec_the_Poet
  • IRC nick: Umbra
« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2012, 03:08:51 pm »
RIFT community was shit tho , i didn't enjoy it but in GW 2 it is different, quests are related to events in RIFT dynamic events were bonus occasions.

(click to show/hide)
About ARENANET and GW 2 all i can say it is brilliant.
I've read lots of articles from devs about GW 2 they are so fukken logical.

They said " We added a downed state,if your hp bar runs out , you get into downed state on this state you have few skills like throwing your blade or throw sand on your enemies eyes this is where you make your last stand before you die your skills of downed state differs by your class . If you can kill your enemies on downed state , you can recover from it and get back to normal , if any other player helps you to kill them you can recover , if you fail to kill enemies when the time runs out you go into defeated state on this state ANY player in the map can ressurrect you if no one around you can just choose a spawn point from checkpoints you discover from map.We are not giving any negative effects to recently dead players.We made this game for you to play and enjoy why would we put a limit on how you play this game ? You don't lose portion of your experience point or gold , you don't get a negative buff to reduce your abilities and stats , you don't have to run into the place you died as a ghost to revive we don't want you to waste your time on doing that play the game instead !"
This summary i made is actually the summary of whole game and Arenanet's plan.
They worked hard on this game and they want it to be played.
They removed healer class to make people independent to 1 guy in parties .
For fucks sake after WoW no one had guys to question holy trident system lol
Seriously why the fuck do we need healers ?
Or tanks ?
They solved it by giving all classes self heals and crowd control abilities . Every classes ability can interact with each other .
For example an elementalist can set flame onto the ground and if the ranger shoots arrows through the fire , arrows deal fire damage over time this is fucking brilliant !
GW2's underwater battle system is so amusing.
I can't wait to see my ranger hunting underwater with harpoon and my shark pet lol.

Sidenote:
I dunno if you guys played but LOTRO had the all details that you could ask from a mmorpg.
(click to show/hide)

I know this post becomes TLTR with every word i put in but to sum it up i must say:
Fuck grinding with little details combined together , we can create memories of joy that we cannot forget for long time.

Warhammer introduced this feature into MMO-s. It was called public quests there. And i agree it is awesome, only pve i enjoyed
Defy me, and you will know what it is to stand against a god.