Author Topic: Possible Throwing Nerfs  (Read 692 times)

Offline Kalam

• Duke
  • Renown: 697
  • Infamy: 163
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Never do an enemy a small injury.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Linebreakers
  • Game nicks: Cavalieres_Midnighter, Dunsparrow
  • IRC nick: Kalam
Possible Throwing Nerfs
« on: February 23, 2011, 12:42:41 am »
These are two possible nerfs  for high-end throwing weapons, specifically at the Throwing Axe level and beyond.

1. Slower animations a la archery nerf.
2. A Wallace proposition: heavier high-end throwing weapons.

The lesser throwing weapons don't need a nerf, but the first proposition would affect them, too, and stat tweaks might fix the issues with them.

A simple doubling or tripling of the weight should effectively slow high-end throwers down, giving them a serious negative to what they do. Lances in this system, on the other hand, should weigh at least 12 per stack.

All these, of course, have nothing to do with realism, so don't bring those arguments here. This is about balance.

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
Re: Possible Throwing Nerfs
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2011, 12:49:08 am »
So, why the 100th topic about the same thing?

* [ptx] sighs.

Offline Sphinxer

• Knight
  • Renown: 53
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: _Sphinx_
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2011, 12:54:22 am »
As said before everywhere else ...

Throwing as already been nerfed in the past ... it "seems" OP right now because no one can afford the upkeep of big armors, so it's much easier for throwers to kill now with axes (which are cut dmg, not pierce). Throwing is very slow and inaccurate and sucks vs Shielders. Jarids are 350 upkeep and suck big time in melee so you have to keep a slot for a melee weapon, then same thing with lances , you only have 2, they are super slow and if you miss you only have one left (unless you heirloomed them 3 times , which imo, you deserve greatly to have an extra one in your stack). Spears suck , that's about it and javs too. They can be used in melee but without a shield.

If Archers didn't lose their popularity, no one would have complained about throwers ... people who complained are just pissed they can't easy snipe people with their archer build ...

Offline bruce

• Count
  • Renown: 262
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the Freak Army of the Gnjus / Saracens
  • Game nicks: Saracen_el_Brus
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2011, 01:01:23 am »
Throwing as already been nerfed in the past ... it "seems" OP right now because no one can afford the upkeep of big armors

I bought plate once, 21 str char, 5 ironflesh, the first plate armour, twoshot by throwing junk. A few rounds later, threeshot. Etc. In mail I get twoshot. Throwing renders armour quite obsolete.

Btw, on the old forum I said throwing would become hugely popular once 1 wpf sniper crossbows got killed due to upkeep and reduced damage, because throwing was better then the OLD crossbow, it's just that people used the crossbow because it required 1 wpf and no investment.

« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 01:03:58 am by bruce »
Best ban reason ever:
Quote from: Wookimonsta
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2011, 01:07:42 am »
my suggestion is clearly way to go, but maybe slower animation awell as it.

Offline EponiCo

• Baron
  • Renown: 92
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Aine
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2011, 01:19:52 am »
So, why the 100th topic about the same thing?

* [ptx] sighs.

When you are killed it's often convenient to tab out and start talking about something that bothered you recently.

Offline Beauchamp

• Earl
  • Renown: 427
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
    • Personal portfolio
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2011, 01:44:04 am »
the main problem is to many people can use all that throwing shitte - not the damage or speed or anything. just set way higher requirements including WPF and PT so that those "tiny hybrids with 3 PT diappear" and it will be solved.
OOODDIIINVALHALLAAAAAAA on the 20th of April 2011: What I know is that... heh, eh ja how can I explain? ...deh feeling to believe in Odin is right, dat is what I say, ja?!