Author Topic: Too much loot?  (Read 1862 times)

Offline Lagkill

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Too much loot?
« on: January 05, 2011, 02:27:58 am »
+1
Does anyone else think we're getting too much gold/xp now? I mean... i guess its great that i can upgrade my gear sooner... but so can everyone else.. whether they're good enough to stay alive/close the action as long as i can or not. So what's the point?

I get the feeling theres going to be a lot more tin cans on horses coming up QQ

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
Re: Too much loot?
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2011, 02:33:13 am »
+5
Does anyone else think we're getting too much gold/xp now? I mean... i guess its great that i can upgrade my gear sooner... but so can everyone else.. whether they're good enough to stay alive/close the action as long as i can or not. So what's the point?

lol, wait till the upkeep costs start kicking in.
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Lagkill

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2011, 02:50:54 am »
Still... at the very least there should be some incentive to skillful play, rather than just luck in ending up on a winning team. Something to balance the payout. I've always thought it odd that this game didn't reward you for kills in any way.

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2011, 02:53:37 am »
+2
Still... at the very least there should be some incentive to skillful play, rather than just luck in ending up on a winning team. Something to balance the payout. I've always thought it odd that this game didn't reward you for kills in any way.

If it did the first:
Balbaroth
Guts
Random 2h spammer in plate
Elephant rider lolezmodetrample killing

Would get all the loot and everyone else, who maybe has a 9-2 kdr on the scoreboard from playing a support character (pikemen, xbowman, sword and boarder NOT using a spammitar huscarl with an agi build and pretending they're a balb clone) would be stuck with next to nothing all the time.

Not to mention peasants who wouldn't get dick for xp or gold because they can't do anything except die.

Offline StanleyPain

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: (>'.'<)(*)(*)(¯`·._) LLJK (¯`·._) (*)(*) (>'.'<)
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2011, 02:54:25 am »
+1
Granting death IS the reward.

Offline Lagkill

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2011, 02:56:35 am »
I'm not saying that people who don't kill should get nothing. I appreciate and understand the leech system. I'm just saying once you build yourself up there you should have more say in your own share. Claim your own spoils of war, so to speak. Support roles don't get as many kills as one man armies, i guess, but they get way more than peasants.

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2011, 03:02:13 am »
+2
Support roles don't get as many kills as one man armies, i guess, but they get way more than peasants.

True, but then isn't this just more incentive than there already is for everyone to just play the 2h lolsworder one many army character instead of a support character?

Offline dreadnok

• Marshall
  • Renown: 838
  • Infamy: 562
  • cRPG Player
  • fuck these jerkoff kids
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KBW<MB<SoW
  • Game nicks: Gorp_The_Gorger
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2014, 04:01:49 am »
+4
I don't think we get enough!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2014, 04:11:56 am »

When Crpg was first released the xp/gold system was based around kills and guess what, it was pretty bad, it basically consisted of everyone spamming mindlessly trying to get the kill on the enemy whilst not caring about teamwounding, everyone beat the shit out of their team mates just trying to kill the enemy so they could get the reward.

Even with a system like the current one, adding a kill specific reward to it will without a doubt make many players more careless about wounding team mates just because they want the kill reward. Also, what about when you do a majority of the damage to multiple enemies but get none of the kills, why should the other guy be rewarded for getting the "last hit" and you get no reward for doing most of the work?. The current system isn't great by any means, but rewards for kills just aren't the way to go.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2014, 04:27:27 am »
+5
When Crpg was first released the xp/gold system was based around kills and guess what, it was pretty bad, it basically consisted of everyone spamming mindlessly trying to get the kill on the enemy whilst not caring about teamwounding, everyone beat the shit out of their team mates just trying to kill the enemy so they could get the reward.

Even with a system like the current one, adding a kill specific reward to it will without a doubt make many players more careless about wounding team mates just because they want the kill reward. Also, what about when you do a majority of the damage to multiple enemies but get none of the kills, why should the other guy be rewarded for getting the "last hit" and you get no reward for doing most of the work?. The current system isn't great by any means, but rewards for kills just aren't the way to go.
He was last active January 18th, 2011 buddy, your words are likely lost on him of this mother of all necro threads  :wink:
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2014, 07:56:14 am »
+2
Lol jesus christ should really check dates some times. Dreadnok perma ban for necro thx

Offline Tiger

• Marshall
  • Renown: 853
  • Infamy: 57
  • cRPG Player
  • Made In China
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: TigerGirl; MooMooMilk; BobaBubbleTea; TerraCotta; Tuberculosis; BoomStickGirl
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2014, 08:16:57 am »
+2
If you ever want to go pass lvl 31, you'd want it.  :)

"The long united must divide; the long divided must unite."
"How many things, before and after, all melt into gossip and laughter."

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2014, 10:52:23 am »
+2
For a second I thought Gorath had returned, ban this man for this necro.

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2014, 02:31:38 pm »
+3
I don't think we get enough!

#gottem

#gottus

(click to show/hide)

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador