Author Topic: The mighty Leiknir hands over his army in Dhirim to someone worthy(=rich) enough  (Read 9992 times)

Offline CoWorm

• Knight
  • Renown: 46
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Conqueror_Worm, Nyarla
  • IRC nick: CoWorm
+2
Leiknir the mighty, former glorious leader of the NORDMEN OF FENADA is attacking Fenada. Must be a huge conspiracy at work there.

Maybe he is missing Fenada from strat one

Offline okiN

• Marshall
  • Renown: 924
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Shine on, you crazy diamond.
Don't.

Offline Gristle

• Duke
  • Renown: 560
  • Infamy: 130
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BRD
  • Game nicks: Gristle_BRD
+1
its boring when the world wants you dead but isnt actually doing anything to make it happen. if they actually were sending troops we would have something to do.

It's true. We get so many threats against us on the forums, but no one actually does anything. We've been waiting for weeks now. Our enemies have successfully bored us to death.

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
It's true. We get so many threats against us on the forums, but no one actually does anything. We've been waiting for weeks now. Our enemies have successfully bored us to death.

Yup, I think we now have more active players involved in Killing Floor than cRPG and certainly more than strategus.  I have nothing invested anymore in this version of strategus - it beagn with the mega-alliance and trading empire 3.0, but the end note was chadz deciding to play wizard and kill 1000 troops dfor his own shits and gigles.  At this point anything on Strategus is mostly autopilot waiting for a version of strategus where NA can be separate from EU and actually have plenty of wars without EU getting involved and co-opting losers into their large alliance.  It will be funny how sadly boring EU will become when chadz actually gets a reound to that - I think a few EU factions might opt to be on NA side of things because its a lot more fun, while all that will be left on EU is trading empire 4.0 as no one will ever attack each other ebcause they are all allied.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Count_Curtis

• Earl
  • Renown: 322
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player
  • There's no cure for being a cunt
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Captain_Ludd / Curtis
  • IRC nick: Curtis
I'd buy but...

its all STOLEN GOODS!

I dont deal with terrorists
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Jacko

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 839
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fffnanguard!
  • Game nicks: Jacko
Damn thief, give me back my horses! And equipment! AND THE 50 CRATES OF GOODS YOU STOLE YOU BLOODY WANKER!

>_<
Monkeys!

Offline Leiknir

• Baron
  • Renown: 81
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen of Fenada / SeaRaiders
  • Game nicks: Leiknir
  • IRC nick: Leiknir
Damn thief, give me back my horses! And equipment! AND THE 50 CRATES OF GOODS YOU STOLE YOU BLOODY WANKER!

>_<
I had to sell those fine horses, nearly run out of strat Gold after I transferred it to cRPG :(

Offline Gristle

• Duke
    • View Profile
So what is the reasoning behind attackers having immunity for a length of time after their battle? We didn't make it to reinforce the village, so instead I was right over you with an army. It was only due to a bug or a bullshit game mechanic that you survived. There's no good reason that I shouldn't be able to attack you back immediately after your battle ended.

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
+1
So what is the reasoning behind attackers having immunity for a length of time after their battle? We didn't make it to reinforce the village, so instead I was right over you with an army. It was only due to a bug or a bullshit game mechanic that you survived. There's no good reason that I shouldn't be able to attack you back immediately after your battle ended.

So that raiders actually have a chance. I thought you FCC guys supported the little guy? This lets raiders get a head start over pursuers. Otherwise, they'd have to make raids shorter(like happen 12 hours later or something so that you can't just camp on him with a 10000000000 man army.

Offline Gristle

• Duke
    • View Profile
No, I don't believe anyone should be given the advantage of immunity for any amount of time. If I am in a position where I am able to stop him in some way, I should be able to. Why should raiders have it easier than anyone else?

Offline Leiknir

• Baron
  • Renown: 81
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen of Fenada / SeaRaiders
  • Game nicks: Leiknir
  • IRC nick: Leiknir
+2
You are looking at it in the wrong way.
I raided your village in 5 minutes and run off. I didn't camp there for 24h to wait for an army to kill me. You are able to stop me in some way, it's called "Guards". Place some in your villages.

Offline Gristle

• Duke
    • View Profile
If that is how I should look at it, your battle shouldn't have appeared on the battle list until 5 minutes before it started. You did wait there for 24 hours. In any situation besides raiding, you would have been attackable right after the fight (or has that been changed, too?).

It was unfortunate timing for you of course. How much did you make? We somehow had more gold in the village after the battle than we had last night.

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
i dont mind the 1 hour immunity thing... except when that 1 hour is more than enough time to tuck safely into a nearby fief. thats just silly.

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
i dont mind the 1 hour immunity thing... except when that 1 hour is more than enough time to tuck safely into a nearby fief. thats just silly.

So, what you're saying is: It's cool as long as it benefits me, but not when someone else gets it.
And considering strat, 1hour isn't very long for travel time. Btw, you should keep at min 100 troops in village. Stupid foolish, FCC. Stop complaining about a valid strategy. I'm sick of hearing y'all whine about everything(ok, maybe just kesh) but still take it in stride.

Btw, Leikner what'd you get from that battle?

Offline Visconti

• Count
  • Renown: 278
  • Infamy: 52
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Velucan
  • Game nicks: Tristran_Steward_of_TKoV
+1
So, what you're saying is: It's cool as long as it benefits me, but not when someone else gets it.
And considering strat, 1hour isn't very long for travel time. Btw, you should keep at min 100 troops in village. Stupid foolish, FCC. Stop complaining about a valid strategy. I'm sick of hearing y'all whine about everything(ok, maybe just kesh) but still take it in stride.

Btw, Leikner what'd you get from that battle?

Seriously anders, what is with you lecturing people about how to play strat when your faction has already been wiped out?
Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies