Poll

Do you approve?

Yes
404 (64.7%)
No
220 (35.3%)

Total Members Voted: 623

Author Topic: Removal of Strange Armour  (Read 42374 times)

Offline Bobthehero

• Duke
  • Renown: 515
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Grandmaster Ultimate God Of Swashbucklin'
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bridgeburners
  • Game nicks: Bobthehero_Whals and I am totally not all the Not_Bobthehero alts ever.
  • IRC nick: Buff Swashbuckling
Re: Removal of Strange Armour
« Reply #390 on: December 17, 2011, 06:23:36 pm »
+2
The deli is the pinnacle of pretiness and sillyness, something cRPG seem to be lacking more and more.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
The Narwhals, dedicated swashbuckler part of FCC

Stabbing is my speciality and one hitting people, my art

Offline The_Angle

• Baron
  • Renown: 91
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player
  • Qaddaffi 4 eva
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: December 17, 2011, 09:38:59 pm »
The deli is the pinnacle of pretiness and sillyness, something cRPG seem to be lacking more and more.

In the land of rape and honey, you prey.

Offline _Tak_

• Earl
  • Renown: 459
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Retired Dev of FI2
    • View Profile
    • mod :D
  • Game nicks: LC
« Reply #392 on: January 04, 2012, 09:47:50 am »
+1
We are thinking of removing the Strange Armour sets because the models...

• are low quality and originally made for a .808 mod for the original M&B.
  • are not from native so they have no excuse to be low quality.
  • may have been ripped from some crappy asian MMO game.
  • are, by many people, considered distasteful and ruinous to the atmosphere of the game, particularly in strategus village battles.
  • are non-historical and are least fitting with the general theme of Native.

(present heirloom ones would be turned into the corresponding amount of heirloom points, of course.)

LOL This is racist.

1) They are quality models to me and Tenka team has made it very hard. Maybe you should take a look in their updated thread. And you are totally wrong. The mod is for 1.011. So you are wrong LOL. 

2) Thats bullshit, so you are saying all mods that are not from native are low quality models.

3) Wrong, the models were draw in 3D max and Maya and then merged into the game of mount and blade.

4) If you think they ruin the atmosphere of the game. You should remove all "Asian stuffs". You like native? Well Khergit are suppose to be mongolians and they renamed it to khergit.  Perhaps you should remove all Asians stuffs, turks stuffs, khergits stuffs, Arab stuffs cuz they all are asian.

5) If you take a look in the japanese history and read some books you will notice that you are totally wrong. They are historically accurate. Go back and play your native mod :D. CRPG is not a historically accurate anyway. Look what the mod did. They put all armours and weapons from different century and mixed the together. Well thats not native. 

Some epic quote * Then let's remove the viking stuff too, and everything from the gunpowder era! Let's nich us to say... exactly 1144-1387, specifically Europe (although not Spain, since it was muslim at that time, and better off than the rest of Europe), and also excluding all Ottoman/Byzantian gear not prevalent west of the Bospore!

And crap, that still means we have to include the Golden Horde. Let's also exclude everything east of Poland and Austria in that case, since parts of Russia, Belarus, Ukraine, and more was conquered by the Golden Horde!*

http://bbs.mountblade.com.cn/viewthread.php?tid=53283&extra=page%3D1

http://bbs.mountblade.com.cn/viewthread.php?tid=90492&extra=page%3D1
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 10:15:12 am by AlexTheDragon »

Offline SixThumbs

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
  • Consumer Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: January 04, 2012, 06:21:52 pm »
Calm down, they're still in the game.
And how!

Offline Inkompetent

• Noble
  • Renown: 12
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Inkompetent, Ildov_Morekov, Fairhair_Sigurdr, MySushi_Inkomoto
« Reply #394 on: January 04, 2012, 08:15:33 pm »
That's a pretty neat ninjaofsomesort-outfit. Like the visible mail and proper bracers/gloves and puffy pants and all.

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #395 on: January 04, 2012, 10:36:30 pm »
LOL This is racist.

1) They are quality models to me and Tenka team has made it very hard. Maybe you should take a look in their updated thread. And you are totally wrong. The mod is for 1.011. So you are wrong LOL. 

2) Thats bullshit, so you are saying all mods that are not from native are low quality models.

3) Wrong, the models were draw in 3D max and Maya and then merged into the game of mount and blade.

4) If you think they ruin the atmosphere of the game. You should remove all "Asian stuffs". You like native? Well Khergit are suppose to be mongolians and they renamed it to khergit.  Perhaps you should remove all Asians stuffs, turks stuffs, khergits stuffs, Arab stuffs cuz they all are asian.

5) If you take a look in the japanese history and read some books you will notice that you are totally wrong. They are historically accurate. Go back and play your native mod :D. CRPG is not a historically accurate anyway. Look what the mod did. They put all armours and weapons from different century and mixed the together. Well thats not native. 

Some epic quote * Then let's remove the viking stuff too, and everything from the gunpowder era! Let's nich us to say... exactly 1144-1387, specifically Europe (although not Spain, since it was muslim at that time, and better off than the rest of Europe), and also excluding all Ottoman/Byzantian gear not prevalent west of the Bospore!

And crap, that still means we have to include the Golden Horde. Let's also exclude everything east of Poland and Austria in that case, since parts of Russia, Belarus, Ukraine, and more was conquered by the Golden Horde!*

http://bbs.mountblade.com.cn/viewthread.php?tid=53283&extra=page%3D1

http://bbs.mountblade.com.cn/viewthread.php?tid=90492&extra=page%3D1
I don't have a problem with the Mongolian armor, it is this fucking crappy Japanese and Chinese armor I have a problem with.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Jagdpanther

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: January 05, 2012, 05:26:49 am »
Remove Strange Armour?

A SHAMEFUR DISPRAY!

seriously I like it.

Offline justjr

• Knight
  • Renown: 37
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
  • I AM THE DRAGON KNIGHT
    • View Profile
    • Just Imports
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: (former Justus_Caesar) Windrunner_of_Chaos, Dragon_Knight_, Justino, cRazY_jusTT_of_Choad
  • IRC nick: Just
« Reply #397 on: January 18, 2012, 06:09:33 pm »
Why I still have an lordly light strange armor instead of 3 heirloom points to use freely?
I not complaining, just wanna know why you guys yell it's gonna be removed and do nothing.

Offline Angantyr

• King
  • Renown: 1134
  • Infamy: 130
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: January 18, 2012, 07:50:39 pm »
Perhaps read the thread before posting?

Offline Budikhan

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: January 18, 2012, 07:51:27 pm »
Can we at least just replace them with something else? The current models just look really goofy.

I pretty much target people in Weeaboo gear first every time because they're so ugly.

Offline Dexxtaa

• King
  • Renown: 1268
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Remnant_Dexxtaa
« Reply #400 on: January 18, 2012, 07:53:45 pm »
+2
I imagine if a higher res armor pack of the Strange Armor were released, it would be more widely accepted.

Offline justjr

• Knight
  • Renown: 37
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
  • I AM THE DRAGON KNIGHT
    • View Profile
    • Just Imports
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: (former Justus_Caesar) Windrunner_of_Chaos, Dragon_Knight_, Justino, cRazY_jusTT_of_Choad
  • IRC nick: Just
« Reply #401 on: January 18, 2012, 08:03:12 pm »
And less lazy.