Author Topic: Retiring an heirloom  (Read 2144 times)

Offline 1slander

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Timing that sidestep is key to the 1h battle axe
    • View Profile
  • Faction: NORD
  • Game nicks: Araios, Pallas, Hammer. Formerly DRAC & Duke_of_Hazard
Retiring an heirloom
« on: February 09, 2011, 04:35:28 am »
+1
So...I have almost bridged the gap between lvl 30 and 31.  The one that is retarded.  I'm tossing between either not retiring and just keep playing a high lvl character with normal equipment, or the only other option of retiring and heirlooming an item.

I would rebuild my same character as I enjoy playing it -

Sword and Board/Thrower Hybrid

So any idea's and suggestions on what the best item to heirloom is if I go that route?  Throwing weopon, 1 hander, shield, armour?  I'm assuming alot of people heirloom weopons.  My initial assumption was they heirloom mid grade weopons to make them closer to high grade weopons without the expensive upkeep.  But someone said that people ussually heirloom the high level weopons.  Though as a thrower it's expensive to carry a shield, a 1 hander and 2 slots of say throwing axes.  So I have never had the best of anything in those slots without wearing trash armour.

Suggestions?
« Last Edit: February 09, 2011, 04:49:39 am by 1slander »
Float like a butterfly sting like an axe

Offline Dunecat

• Noble
  • Renown: 19
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
  • h+
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jaer_Selorn
Re: Retiring an heirloom
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2011, 07:21:02 am »
Your favourite melee weapon, I guess. Don't mind the upkeep - it isn't too high for one-haded weapons, so choose your personal favourite yourself.
In memory of Jaer_Selorn, member of Str, ruler of Pagundur

Offline Vicious666

• Baron
  • Renown: 88
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
  • becouse an image is worth a thousand words
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vicious666_xXx
  • IRC nick: Vicious666
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2011, 07:24:16 am »
retarded? i made 11 retirements since the patch landed LOL

Offline Byrdi

• Earl
  • Renown: 489
  • Infamy: 59
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Byrdi, Swiss Chocolate, and lots of other alts
  • IRC nick: Byrdi
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2011, 07:50:30 am »
Now that's retartded, anyway hierlooming your melee weapon porbebaly the best, unless you want to retire again and end up with a big bag of throwing (more ammo), then you might not need to carry to sets of throwing axes.

Offline Punisher

• Baron
  • Renown: 127
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Punisher
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2011, 01:36:27 pm »
Heirloom the Side Sword or the Steel Pick, they are the best 1H weapons.

Offline EyeBeat

• Earl
  • Renown: 432
  • Infamy: 175
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 20th BEST PLAYER IN HOSPITALLER
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: EyeBeat_The_Wanderer
  • IRC nick: EyeBeat
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2011, 02:40:15 pm »

Poopsocker spotted!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Being a smallish community doesn't entitle you to act more like a dick than other communities.

Offline Kung Fu Jesus

• Noble
  • Renown: 23
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2011, 06:36:09 pm »
I'm addicted to retiring and will probably do it until everything I wear is heirloomed several times. You can get to level 25 so fast anyway. To answer the question, I usually heirloom my primary weapon first.
"My belt holds up my pants and my pants have belt loops that hold up the belt. What the fuck’'s really going on down there? Who is the real hero?" - Mitch

Offline 1slander

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2011, 06:38:00 pm »

I don't know whether to laugh or cry at this statement?  You obviously have way too much time on your hands and should probably look at cutting down your game time and stepping back into the real world for a few hours a day.

What gen were you at patch?  We all know that's affective.

------------------------------
Heirloom the Side Sword or the Steel Pick, they are the best 1H weapons.

Steel pick definately looks good but I have always leaned towards axes as I feel I am affectively a shield breaker on tanks.  Being hybrid I find my role isn't so front line but supportive so my weopon of choice isn't necessarily the best fighting weopon but at least carries the most utility.  If my throwing axes don't break a shield I move in and start spamming my light 1h battle axe, then once that shield splinters I step back and let my team mates (namely ninja's) step in and r@pe them.  I can fight of course, but with my wpf split I tend to lose out in a speed race if it comes down to that.  Looking at heirlooming the Broad One Handed Axe after consideration I figure even if it's too expensive to use all the time, I am pretty sure their is no upkeep when your team is winning, or at least less, so I will pull it out when it's time to shine.

That's if I even retire...still debating...
« Last Edit: February 09, 2011, 06:47:10 pm by 1slander »

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2011, 09:51:56 pm »
Staying level 31 doesn't make much sense IMO, because as has been said, you are quickly back at 20-25. If your build is incomplete before 31 it might make SOME sense...

I've also heard some people say heirloomed items limit them to a certain build, because they don't want to not use it. This doesn't affect me personally, though, and I have loomed three different weapons (1h, 2h and pole). I usually retire because after the grind from 30-31, I am fed up with my char and want to try another build.

I think the broad 1h axe would be a good weapon to heirloom, because it will do 38 cut dmg, which means 25 dmg avg with PS5, so you can 2-hit those str15 armor 40 guys quite often.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2011, 09:58:13 pm by zagibu »
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?

Offline 1slander

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2011, 10:55:10 pm »
I realized the 1 handed battle axe, like the step down from the broad one, is +3 longer but -1 damage.  It's also about 1500 less buying price which equates to less upkeep I guess.  That may be the best to go with for axes unless you figure that hand axe that's about 90 length but less damage is better since it has reach?  This game has alot of variables to consider.  I'd say too many but then it would be a dumbed down vanilla flavored mess I guess.

I really like my current build.  At lvl 31 I will hit 15 str and 21 Agi and finish the aimed build.  Still on the fence with the retire.  The only thing I would even possibly change with my build is 18/18 str/agi but it's situational as the added foot work and weopon speed from the extra weopon master and athletic point gives me speed and agility vs the added power strike and power throw I would of gained from the balanced 18/18 build.  In the end I think the footwork opens itself to more situations than just pure hitting power but that's a whole other can of worms.  I think 18/18 is really the most viable build atm for any pure wpf build, which mine is not - but I still love being hybrid.

The haul from 30 to 31 was too long.  I'm 3rd gen and the idea of starting over at 4th gen - that's only a 10% increase.  And already running at 130% xp gain moving to 140% would really only be like an 7.7% visible increase past my current rate.  I mean the higher gen you go then the less the visible increase isn't it?  If you do the math?

« Last Edit: February 09, 2011, 11:00:55 pm by 1slander »

Offline Kung Fu Jesus

• Noble
  • Renown: 23
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2011, 11:24:28 pm »
The grind from 30-31 is worse than getting to 30, for sure. I don't know about you but as long as that little green bar is there, I cannot help looking at it. It would drive me nuts seeing that thing creep along from 31-32. I'd rather retire.
"My belt holds up my pants and my pants have belt loops that hold up the belt. What the fuck’'s really going on down there? Who is the real hero?" - Mitch

Offline Quirian

• Noble
  • Renown: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Holy Roman Empire
  • Game nicks: Quirian_HRE
  • IRC nick: Quirian_HRE
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2011, 11:56:52 pm »
Sidesword sucks :o

Offline SquishMitten

• Baron
  • Renown: 132
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Waylander
  • Game nicks: Mew, Kitty + many more
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2011, 01:12:12 am »
sidesword ftw

In memory of Merciless_Mew, member of Merciless, ruler of Istiniar

Offline 1slander

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2011, 01:15:00 am »
The grind from 30-31 is worse than getting to 30, for sure. I don't know about you but as long as that little green bar is there, I cannot help looking at it. It would drive me nuts seeing that thing creep along from 31-32. I'd rather retire.

Well between you and I, I'm not that great a player.  Add to that an 80-100 ping in the NA servers.  Being high level gives me a chance to compete.  I wonder if the xp needed from 31-32 is double of 30-31?  Does anyone know the facts on this?

Offline Rhaelys

• Duke
  • Renown: 509
  • Infamy: 47
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: Rhaelys_BlockLeft_of_Chaos
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2011, 01:18:53 am »
+1
Well between you and I, I'm not that great a player.  Add to that an 80-100 ping in the NA servers.  Being high level gives me a chance to compete.  I wonder if the xp needed from 31-32 is double of 30-31?  Does anyone know the facts on this?

30-31 is the same as 1-30.
31-32 is the same as 1-31.

Quote from: Uumdi
sweet of you guys to celebrate my birthday
wait you're talking about that devils lettuce arent you, god damnit
Quote from: Kreczor
yo you want to burn some sweet romaine tonight?
Quote from: Uumdi
yeah i smoke that dirty green shit fuck iceberg