Author Topic: [STATS] Throwing lances  (Read 2229 times)

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2002
  • Infamy: 871
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
[STATS] Throwing lances
« on: October 16, 2011, 05:13:46 pm »

Offline Warcat

• Earl
  • Renown: 396
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Warcat_ Village_Elder Merchant_of_Tulga Tavern_Keeper Guild_Master Ramun_The_Slave_Trader
Re: [STATS] Throwing lances
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2011, 05:22:09 pm »
Horrible suggestion, using two stacks each, I already get as many kills with my stones as I do with lances. As they are now, they often don't even one hit kill even medium armor if it has any IF, they're very slow, and they're still inaccurate, even at close range. If anything they could use 1 more ammo per stack, or at least a loom ammo addition. No need at all to nerf them.
In memory of Fallen_Warcat_, member of Fallen Brigade, ruler of Zagush
Tavern_Keeper #1 NA shielder
Strategus City Improvement Project

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1340
  • Infamy: 2032
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2011, 08:37:28 pm »
Horrible suggestion, using two stacks each, I already get as many kills with my stones as I do with lances. As they are now, they often don't even one hit kill even medium armor if it has any IF, they're very slow, and they're still inaccurate, even at close range. If anything they could use 1 more ammo per stack, or at least a loom ammo addition. No need at all to nerf them.

They are pretty accurate and those are free kills, even a monkey can kill with those. After all most people are using them for lulz because it's clear those are OP.

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2011, 08:51:58 pm »
+2
No one goes throwing lances because they are super skill intensive (ie full thrower basically) and have low stack size.  Nerfing something that is already more of a novelty than anything is a bad idea.
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline Turboflex

• Duke
  • Renown: 648
  • Infamy: 212
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2011, 08:55:13 pm »
Yeah I don't see too many people using them. Even pure throwers with loom points in their throwing weapons stick to axes, throwing spears and jarids.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2011, 09:23:19 pm »
Lol they really aren't that bad. Barely notice them most of the time.

Go back to pre-jan where they used to be all over the place and a sure fire 1 hit insta kill every time...then make a comparison.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 794
  • Infamy: 2735
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2011, 09:25:47 pm »
Lol they really aren't that bad. Barely notice them most of the time.

Go back to pre-jan where they used to be all over the place and a sure fire 1 hit insta kill every time...then make a comparison.

They are instakill...

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2011, 09:29:00 pm »
They are instakill...

Not at all. I've been hit by them in my Kazakh armour and still had a good amount of health left  :|

Offline Wraist

• Knight
  • Renown: 44
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2011, 10:01:39 pm »
No one goes throwing lances because they are super skill intensive (ie full thrower basically) and have low stack size.  Nerfing something that is already more of a novelty than anything is a bad idea.

Throwing lances are not super skill intensive. I one shot a good deal of people with them, although heavily armored people live, and a guy in pajamas lived last night. I think people prefer jarids/spears just due to the size of the ammo stack, with the trade off that the enemy may live more easily.

Also Leshma, you think they should be nerfed because they're an instant kill? By that same logic, all 2hers should be nerfed since they instakill me with a head shot.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2974
  • Infamy: 2213
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2011, 10:05:00 pm »
Also Leshma, you think they should be nerfed because they're an instant kill? By that same logic, all 2hers should be nerfed since they instakill me with a head shot.

Those are str builds, I have trouble killing people with headswing if they have more 20 HA, unless it's held attack of course.

And yeah STR builds should be nerfed.

Offline Warcat

• Earl
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Warcat_ Village_Elder Merchant_of_Tulga Tavern_Keeper Guild_Master Ramun_The_Slave_Trader
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2011, 10:08:20 pm »
I survived one in my Robe a couple days ago. When I use them, only about 2/3 even kill againist medium armor, 1/5-6 kill againist full plate users. And that's with only being able to use 4 if nothing else was equipped. And to even use lances, you have to have a str build.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1566
  • Infamy: 1168
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2011, 10:22:26 pm »
And to even use lances, you have to have a str build.

And that is bad, how exactly?

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2011, 10:40:37 pm »
+1
They are pretty accurate and those are free kills, even a monkey can kill with those. After all most people are using them for lulz because it's clear those are OP.

Most people? What server do you play on? I almost never see them used by throwers on EU1 nor NA1.

Let me guess, you jut got beaten up by one of the rare Throwing Lance users and posted here about it in rage  :rolleyes:
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Warcat

• Earl
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2011, 10:44:34 pm »
Those are str builds

Just pointing out that they work very similarly to two handers with str builds damage wise,  a hit to the head will almost always get a kill, a body shot will do a lot of damage, sometimes kill. Main difference is your trading off a little bit of extra range and the ability to avoid parries and chambers, for very increased likelihood of missing, opening yourself up to be hit easily, an you only get 1-4 opportunities to kill instead of an unlimited amount.

As they are now, the only thing lances are really great for is anti cav, other than that, stones are a better choice.

After all most people are using them for lulz because it's clear those are OP.

When something is obviously OP, its not for the lulz that people use it for, they use it to dominate the battlefield (i.e. the barmace craze when it was fast and had crushthrough and knockdown). People use things for the lulz when they can occasionally get an unlikely kill and cause someone to go rage on the forums about it.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 10:49:23 pm by Warcat »

Offline Spawny

• Count
  • Renown: 152
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Templar_Spawny
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2011, 10:59:35 pm »
+1
I was wearing an aketon and survived being hit by a throwing lance while running at the guy who tossed it at me. I then proceeded to kill him.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The problem is even if you are number 1 in NA you are still only number 467 in EU or the worst in AUS(number 17)