Author Topic: Fucked up a weapon exchange v2  (Read 8756 times)

Offline Arked

• Baron
  • Renown: 115
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
  • You own every word you speak.
    • View Profile
    • ShogunateTV
  • Faction: Basileia ton Romaion
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_BD_Arked
  • IRC nick: Arked
Re: Fucked up a weapon exchange v2
« Reply #45 on: October 11, 2011, 10:21:36 pm »
I understand, its just the fact that someone suggested to take us out of the banner pack that i thought made no sense, this isn't nearly as bad as other things that have happened with clans.

Well, its ur member, control him or get rid of him. Otherwise u will be seen as a clan with a scammer member.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
  • Renown: 465
  • Infamy: 102
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild.
  • Game nicks: Guard_Bulzur
« Reply #46 on: October 11, 2011, 10:21:42 pm »
I understand, its just the fact that someone suggested to take us out of the banner pack that i thought made no sense, this isn't nearly as bad as other things that have happened with clans.

Well, if you don't kick out of the clan scammers, then YES, expect your clan to be brought into it, and be "responsible" for your member. And since you don't seem to be taking any action towards this Bullet (may his name be forgotten as a human being, and remembered as an evil entity, not even worth of remembering) then indeed, your reputation will fall. It's as simple as that.

Don't try the usual defense "other people from other clans did it, and clans weren't attacked directly". It's just too lame.

As for the list of scammers, the Caravan Guild would be delighted to take note and make a list of all thoses filthy persons. To have people like them devalouring the highly sanctificated market place is an evil deed that we cannot let slip !

Edit : dman Arket, posting a small answer, so beating me to it. :P
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
[19:32] <@chadz> if(dave_ukr_is_in_server) then rain_chance = 98%;

Offline Bullet441

• Knight
  • Renown: 37
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 11, 2011, 10:22:51 pm »
Well, if you don't kick out of the clan scammers, then YES, expect your clan to be brought into it, and be "responsible" for your member. And since you don't seem to be taking any action towards this Bullet (may his name be forgotten as a human being, and remembered as an evil entity, not even worth of remembering) then indeed, your reputation will fall. It's as simple as that.

Don't try the usual defense "other people from other clans did it, and clans weren't attacked directly". It's just too lame.

As for the list of scammers, the Caravan Guild would be delighted to take note and make a list of all thoses filthy persons. To have people like them devalouring the highly sanctificated market place is an evil deed that we cannot let slip !

Edit : dman Arket, posting a small answer, so beating me to it. :P

... Does anyone here realize I never scammed anyone? LOL

Offline Fluffy_Muffin

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 429
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Tribunal
  • Game nicks: Vivec_the_Poet
  • IRC nick: Umbra
« Reply #48 on: October 11, 2011, 10:23:51 pm »
+1
Yea, those mittens magicaly appeared in your inventory one day
Defy me, and you will know what it is to stand against a god.

Offline The_Bloody_Nine

• Marshall
  • Renown: 946
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "I am still alive"
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 11, 2011, 10:25:49 pm »
... Does anyone here realize I never scammed anyone? LOL
LOL!

Offline Bullet441

• Knight
  • Renown: 37
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 11, 2011, 10:27:30 pm »

Offline Arked

• Baron
  • Renown: 115
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
  • You own every word you speak.
    • View Profile
    • ShogunateTV
  • Faction: Basileia ton Romaion
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_BD_Arked
  • IRC nick: Arked
« Reply #51 on: October 11, 2011, 10:29:30 pm »
He put them up for regular wisby gauntlets.  I thought, "Wow! I just got a great deal."  No where along the line did I scam him.  I never tricked him into thinking I would somehow pay him anything in return later.  God you people need a dictionary.

Yet u never gave them back. U know he made a mistake. He asked you to give em back. Ure acting like selfish ,greedy (insert bad word). That is scamming.

Offline Male_Stripper

• Noble
  • Renown: 10
  • Infamy: 22
  • cRPG Player
  • HULLO
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Haven
  • Game nicks: TruthfulLies, Male_Stripper, TV_Stealer
  • IRC nick: Male_Stripper
« Reply #52 on: October 11, 2011, 10:29:53 pm »
Well, if you see it from his view...all he did was just press an accept button. I'm sure if everyone looked at it from themselves doing it, they would have a hard time giving back such a good item.
Dancing on a pole isn't easy, you know?

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 11, 2011, 10:31:39 pm »
+3
He put them up for regular wisby gauntlets.  I thought, "Wow! I just got a great deal."  No where along the line did I scam him.  I never tricked him into thinking I would somehow pay him anything in return later.  God you people need a dictionary.

Here's my dictionary: suck cocks

Offline Fluffy_Muffin

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 429
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Tribunal
  • Game nicks: Vivec_the_Poet
  • IRC nick: Umbra
« Reply #54 on: October 11, 2011, 10:31:59 pm »
Give them back:  ok.

Keep them: deal with the stigma.

Simple

Defy me, and you will know what it is to stand against a god.

Offline KaleLord

• Count
  • Renown: 233
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player
  • Nurd
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Kale
« Reply #55 on: October 11, 2011, 10:32:30 pm »
Not really scamming though
Kale: One of the cutest, chubbiest, asianiest faces in c-RPG. Take a look when you get the chance, guys. I will miss this beautiful man.

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #56 on: October 11, 2011, 10:33:27 pm »
+1
Well, if you see it from his view...all he did was just press an accept button. I'm sure if everyone looked at it from themselves doing it, they would have a hard time giving back such a good item.

i agree that giving it back might be hard. the temptation to keep it may be strong... but its situations like this that really let peoples true character show. if someone is able to give it back despite how hard it is... that's more impressive than just keeping it cause its easier and more profitable.

Offline Male_Stripper

• Noble
  • Renown: 10
  • Infamy: 22
  • cRPG Player
  • HULLO
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Haven
  • Game nicks: TruthfulLies, Male_Stripper, TV_Stealer
  • IRC nick: Male_Stripper
« Reply #57 on: October 11, 2011, 10:34:18 pm »
Not really scamming though

People do this everyday, they sit on the marketplace and get good deals...It's basically at the sellers hassle, he should've been careful at how he submitted the deal.
Dancing on a pole isn't easy, you know?

Offline Tennenoth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 818
  • Infamy: 85
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "Bloody peasant archers!"
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Head)
  • Game nicks: Guard_Tenne; Guard_The_Biscuits; Guard_Bugden; Guard_Tennenuff
  • IRC nick: Tennenoth
« Reply #58 on: October 11, 2011, 10:35:15 pm »
+6

And you need common decency to realise that you're the one who is being an arse in all of this, at the very least, that'll be the publics view. The trade was clearly private, due to the lack of an actual private trade this is practically the only way to do it. At least have the courtesy to return the items that were not meant for you to take.

Speaking as a player, i've jumped into three teamspeaks so far to ask/tell someone that "their trade is still up, is it intentional, a private trade or really free to take". I'm out to make money on the market as much as the next person but you drag your own reputation and that of your clans when you do things like this. Don't expect people to see it as "you didn't scam him" because they will just see someone who refuses to return an item, whether or not legitemattly gained because someone made a mistake or wasn't quick enough.

Reputation might not stand for much inside a game but the torrent of abuse that you could get may have a bit more of a scarring effect, the cRPG community is one of the closest that I have ever been apart of and I assure you that there will be at least one person who remembers and it will effect you the rest of the time you play this mod.

I'm not saying that the seller didn't do something wrong, i'm just saying that people should understand that these things go on, and sniping one will always cause a commotion on the forums and therefore a public beating if you don't give it back, or, if you instantly say "yeah, ok, here you go, sorry for the trouble" you become the most decent person on the planet for a day or so. The reward for being a decent guy is less than that of being a twat, but that's practically how it always is...

In the nicest possible way... don't be a twat.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 10:37:20 pm by Tennenoth »

BullDog Clan member since 31/08/2010 / Caravan Guild member since 03/08/2010

How to understand what I say.
Always finish your tea and biscuits regardless of how terrible they are

Offline Winterly

• Count
  • Renown: 230
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player
  • I play with Quiet Mode On.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
« Reply #59 on: October 11, 2011, 10:36:06 pm »
+1

Let's face it, the fact that you have no humility in all of this clearly shows that you are no different than a scammer.  You KNEW he made a mistake, and you weren't going to help him.  He made a post about it and from what I can tell, it wasn't a "horrible approach" as you seem to deem it as.  Last but not least, you deliberately ignore your clan mate's advice and warning to return the item. There are MANY things wrong with this picture.  Of course, you're not the only one to blame but the OP is as well...but you're just being an ass while the OP simply made a mistake.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 10:39:48 pm by JeanneArc »
Winterly's Stuff(selling Courser/buying head and foot armor)
I love how most EU players insert an imaginary "f" into my name: Winterfly.
"Life is kind of like peeing into the snow in a dark winter night, you probably made a difference, but it's really hard to tell" - Joe Wong