Author Topic: We all need some lovin, and nerfing.  (Read 4599 times)

Offline balbaroth

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: We all need some lovin, and nerfing.
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2011, 01:14:49 am »
This is generally why 2handers want to be able to spam. No shield for auto blocking like a shield which makes feinting to draw an attack so you can parry and swing while they're recovering way harder. Old Balbaroth was a hard lesson in learning to block until you died because his shield came up so quickly and he swung as fast/faster than you.

Not saying it should be like that, but it's a legitimate point as parrying or chambering is much harder than just rmb.

i dont swing that fast with 162 , actually next retirement ill be 12 agi rest str build, i prefer to hit once and kill than having 20 moar wpf  in 1h which is about barely nothing in terms of speed, i wish wpf hard cap would actually start at 200, if you get more than 150 in a weapon , the returns are so diminished your way better with more PS and str
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 01:18:20 am by balbaroth »

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2011, 01:43:09 am »
i dont swing that fast with 162 , actually next retirement ill be 12 agi rest str build, i prefer to hit once and kill than having 20 moar wpf  in 1h which is about barely nothing in terms of speed, i wish wpf hard cap would actually start at 200, if you get more than 150 in a weapon , the returns are so diminished your way better with more PS and str

200 is where problems were before.  150 is a nice hard cap, keeps everyone in the realm of sanity as far as their attack speeds.  It's not like you're really having a hard time being faster than 90% of the player-base and you're running more str than agi now right?  *wink wink*

In all honesty, as a friend, you still swing pretty damned fast given your focus on 1h prof and choice of weapon.  If you swapped to say a side sword or Nuiweidao (spwtf?) you would probably be just as fast as pre-patch in relation to everyone else.  You're better this way, more capable of being killed which is good, keeps you on your toes more. 
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 01:45:14 am by Gorath »
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Miley

• Duke
  • Renown: 604
  • Infamy: 327
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2011, 02:12:48 am »
You're right, throwers like you do need to be nerfed :D

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2011, 02:23:29 am »

Who are you talking about?

Offline Miley

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2011, 02:23:52 am »
Who are you talking about?

Durzo_Blint. I think that's the thrower that hangs with Cyranule.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 02:24:53 am by Miley »

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2011, 02:24:31 am »

Offline balbaroth

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2011, 02:28:50 am »

lets all be patient , i can smell a nerf in throwing brewing around  :D and gorath , its not about me being already fast at 162, its about minimizing the value of agi compared to str , as of now str is way more useful ,

Offline Mamachew

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Archer tried and true.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingsguard
  • Game nicks: KG_Durzo_Blint; KG_ZEUS
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2011, 02:29:17 am »
Good thing you're able to read. I had clearly stated that I was an archer... so try again?
Do what is right, do what is in front of you. But not necessarily what is right in front of you.

In the words of untelligent americans everywhere, "I COULD CARE LESS!!!"

Offline Miley

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2011, 02:30:13 am »
Good thing you're able to read. I had clearly stated that I was an archer... so try again?

I didn't read your post. Aren't you the person that goes around with Cyranule throwing and killing a bunch of people with him? o.0

Offline Mamachew

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Archer tried and true.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingsguard
  • Game nicks: KG_Durzo_Blint; KG_ZEUS
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2011, 02:31:29 am »
again. Archer... not thrower.
Do what is right, do what is in front of you. But not necessarily what is right in front of you.

In the words of untelligent americans everywhere, "I COULD CARE LESS!!!"

Offline Miley

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2011, 02:32:58 am »

Oh, then I probably got you mistaken with DurzoBlitz. Sorry :/ I thought I just got the name wrong when I was telling Gorath.

Offline balbaroth

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2011, 02:34:04 am »
im scared of your avatar chew  :shock:

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2011, 02:36:00 am »
lets all be patient , i can smell a nerf in throwing brewing around  :D
Probably.  :)
and gorath , its not about me being already fast at 162, its about minimizing the value of agi compared to str , as of now str is way more useful ,

Well yeah I can understand that point of view.  For me it's still a toss-up, but that's because I need athletics.  However it really just doesn't seem like it's worth it, you're right.  Noobie_ATS caught up to my tribal warrior wearing 7 athletics character today while he was wearing churburg (basically plated out) and wielding a huscarl.  In my mind that's a bit fucked up as all things considered, logically I should have been able to outrun him while I was regrouping to my team (I was being chased by him and 4 of his teammates, lol).

If weight affected movement speed more, and shield skill actually gave more of a tangible effect to shield recovery speed and such then AGI vs STR might be more of a toss-up again (most shielders I know have agreed that shield skill just isn't worth pumping beyond the requirement anymore, and I really have to agree, even though I blasted mine to max again like pre-patch :()

But yeah, currently you're right.  Str is a far better investment currently than agi unless you really really need the WM levels to hybrid effectively.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 02:37:08 am by Gorath »

Offline Jetsam

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Quik_MB
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2011, 02:37:16 am »
I've made an archer and I don't find it hard. I've played a two-hander and I don't find it hard. I've made a shielder and I don't find it hard. I've made a horse lancer... again, don't find it hard. I think less time bitching, and more time figuring out what works would get everyone a lot farther.

Offline RandomDude

• Earl
  • Renown: 431
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • I play now! but I suck =(
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: RandomDude
  • IRC nick: RandomDude
« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2011, 03:42:51 am »
Woot Support Class?I dont wana Play a Support Class and how becomes only the Archer is 1 of this"Support Classes"!

I just wana make Kills with my "Support Class" like an Archer would do it in Real Live!

Its not like i like to be an OverPowered Archer but degenerate him to an "Support Class" ho can only Hurt People a bit or need 20 Arrows to hit someone or Team Damage (when he shoots into an Meele Fight to support someone) because the Arrow is way to slow in not in my mind!

I think somewhere out there is a Middleway!

i used the term "support class" as i've seen it used in archer threads (im pretty sure by some archers themselves - they say that archers dont top kill boards - they do - and they dont get a lot of kills hence they are support but still need the same damage as they do now)

i really dont wanna kill every archers fun bcos i know how it would suck for me if my favourite styles were unplayable or melee became less fun

it's just that after the 2.0 patch i felt like armour was actually useful vs arrows (not bolts and throwing items - im cool with that) and I used a 0 req shield to take 1-2 hits before i enaged in melee

what i hate is having to switch to a board shield every single time i'm disengaged from melee because i know some painful arrows will be incoming soon

it's silly to see some 2h switching back and forth between 2h and shield like some crazed maniac who cant decide whether he wants to fight or turtle

it feels silly to play like that too

heavy armour reduces speed/wpf - that's cool and i build my 2h based on those facts and to counter them

i dont wanna do an agi build and swing faster than every other mofo - i like to get as close to 1 hit kills with a 2 handed sword as i can and i base my build on that too

what i want is for this heavy armour to actually protect me from some f***ing arrows and not to die in 2 chest shots with 50+ body armour bcos i cant fight as a 2h if i have my back to a wall with my shield up cowering like some fool

switching to gothic and expensive gloves doesnt help too much either

i dont mind it so much any more bcos im used to it pre 2.0 but it was nice for a while

archer damage should reflect the fact that 60+ body armour is few and far between now
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 03:51:05 am by RandomDude »