Author Topic: nerfed archer again  (Read 29721 times)

Offline AssPunisher

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: nerfed archer again
« Reply #180 on: January 19, 2011, 09:01:55 pm »
So you wana get same damage + riding a Horse thats not serious or Wat??Hmmm sounds nice no no Archer needs anymore to be an Foot archer we all get Horses yay!!lol

Why make silly assumptions when you obviously don't know what you're talking about. I do have a lvl 30 foot arhcer and I know how much it means to have those 8 extra SP for athletics or melee. I lose my 20k Courser after 3-4 arrows and my Riding 4 and HA 4 don't mean shit after that. Our apparent strenght is also our greatest weakness. Most of the time when I fell off the horse I get another arrow up my ass too. Having a horse is not OP as it used to be since its much asier to kill them.

Offline Beleidiger

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: January 19, 2011, 09:07:24 pm »
I have that in mind but wasn't it your Choice to be Horse Archers so you know his Pros and his Contras same by me with my Foot archer if i duel with an Foot soldier in 90% i loose that duel!

And my Foot Soldier can do a shit against HA if he is not coming close oh wait i got a Crossbow by my site NERF Crossbows pls!

« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 09:12:29 pm by Beleidiger »

Offline AssPunisher

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: January 19, 2011, 09:16:11 pm »
I have that in mind but wasn't it your Choice to be Horse Archers so you know his Pros and his Contras same by me with my Foot archer if i duel with an Foot soldier in 90% i loose that duel!

Not sure what you're trying to say. You obviously have more skill points to invest in melee if you wish so, so you have a better chance against melee than a HA. On the other hand I start every round on a horse. All about pros and cons. If you think my horse that easily gets killed is an advantage over you extra 8 SP in melee then I disagree. I'd say its about equal and so I see no reason to penalize HAs with reduced dmg. Just my point of view thats all.

Offline Beleidiger

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: January 19, 2011, 09:29:50 pm »
Not sure what you're trying to say. You obviously have more skill points to invest in melee if you wish so, so you have a better chance against melee than a HA. On the other hand I start every round on a horse. All about pros and cons. If you think my horse that easily gets killed is an advantage over you extra 8 SP in melee then I disagree. I'd say its about equal and so I see no reason to penalize HAs with reduced dmg. Just my point of view thats all.

And i respect that but you was talking about same Damage like foot archer or i missed something?And if your Horse is no advantage wy you using it?Clear maybe it makes fun to ride over the battlefield but if you Train -Karate- and -Tae kwon do- to Dan 4 you dont get  Dan 6 in maybe -Tae kwon do- the Only thing you can do is Train Ahead and make an LvL 40 HA Char this one than will have nearly same damage than an Foot Archer!

BTW:The biggest Problem at all will be doing a nerf for 1 Class without affecting the other ho take the same Skills and Weapons!

Offline Endorphine

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: January 19, 2011, 11:20:51 pm »
Just curious, would it be possible to add some penalty for spamming? E.g. a penalty on accuracy for each arrow fired without resting in between?
Maybe 5 arrown then u get increased penalty for each following arrow and then 15s rest before you get accuracy back? Might be kind of semi-realistic...

Just an idea...

(playing as both shielder and archer)

Btw wo shield you should have a hard time against a group of archers, no doubt about it.

Offline Ashrik

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LOTS AND LOTS OF JOLLY KNIGHTS LOTS AND LOTS OF JO
  • Game nicks: LLJK_Ashraa
« Reply #185 on: January 19, 2011, 11:21:02 pm »
Experiment failed. Number of archers is still the same and they are still very effective with minimum skill involved.

Continue with nerfing please!
Logic failed, the majority of players probably only have a single toon and most people haven't been able to retire since the patch. So you're going to keep on seeing those archers up until they all become throwers insteads  :mrgreen: duh
I am Uhtred_III_of_Bebbanbawler.

I answer to no man.

Offline forgivers

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Forgivers_PxC
« Reply #186 on: January 19, 2011, 11:47:31 pm »
Experiment failed. Number of archers is still the same and they are still very effective with minimum skill involved.
Continue with nerfing please!

BS !
archer with skill get some kill, other just suck, maybe you are the 1 with less skill that cant dodge arrow properly ... i see alot of melee
doin it rather easy.  to be effective we need to be close of fight wich mean easily reachable, and once it happen that pretty much over.
Actually, it's because I love playing archer, and I like it to be special.
Sad !

Offline bruce

• Count
  • Renown: 262
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the Freak Army of the Gnjus / Saracens
  • Game nicks: Saracen_el_Brus
« Reply #187 on: January 20, 2011, 12:05:28 am »
to be effective we need to be close of fight wich mean easily reachable, and once it happen you can still kill people in melee.

Fixed it for you. Duh.
Best ban reason ever:
Quote from: Wookimonsta
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".

Offline 3ABP

• Knight
  • Renown: 34
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: January 20, 2011, 12:07:02 am »
Can't find a way - how to delete my post
« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 12:11:02 am by 3ABP »
              [STR] Strangers Faction
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline forgivers

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: January 20, 2011, 12:18:22 am »
Fixed it for you. Duh.

pure archer cant defend them that much, you like your hybrid, cool for you but with 1 wpf and 0 PS
any skilled melee will kill you. Stop your BS bruce its getting old
Sad !

Offline bruce

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: January 20, 2011, 12:21:37 am »
pure archer cant defend them that much, you like your hybrid, cool for you but with 1 wpf and 0 PS
any skilled melee will kill you. Stop your BS bruce its getting old

Don't purposefully gimp your char and get some powerstrike.

Best ban reason ever:
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #191 on: January 20, 2011, 12:24:50 am »
Don't purposefully gimp your char and get some powerstrike.

Hello, you might notice this archer thread here....
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline bruce

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: January 20, 2011, 12:43:46 am »
Hello, you might notice this archer thread here....

So? Throwers have powerstrike. Crossbowers have powerstrike. But archers need to be special, they need to kill everyone at range...  :rolleyes:
Best ban reason ever:

Offline forgivers

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: January 20, 2011, 12:46:16 am »
maybe some1 can explain to him what mean Pure ?

anyway i'm not gimping my char with 0 PS i would actualy gimp him if i did put some PS

again if you like playing an hybrid that cool but you need to stop your BS
Sad !

Offline bruce

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: January 20, 2011, 12:47:26 am »
maybe some1 can explain to him what mean Pure ?

anyway i'm not gimping my char with 0 PS i would actualy gimp him if i did put some PS

again if you like playing an hybrid that cool but you need to stop your BS

Explain to me why should archers be so privileged that they don't need melee weapons like other ranged classes.

Best ban reason ever: