Author Topic: nerfed archer again  (Read 29575 times)

Offline UrLukur

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 19
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: nerfed archer again
« Reply #60 on: January 19, 2011, 12:19:45 am »
It is an experiment, it might get reverted again, but it will be interesting to see how it turns out.

The idea is that archery should not get nerfed by decreasing damage or increasing randomness, but should take more skill to handle. Bows should no longer be lasersighted sniper rifles, but you will have to lead your targets and take the trajectory more into account.

If it will not get reverted, bows might get more accuracy or more damage to compensate, we'll wait and see how it turns out.

(Oh and this was my idea)

Great news!

More skill demand = better game.

While we are at it, it's possible that arrows would lean left, so archers have another thing to track ? Please ?
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 12:22:41 am by UrLukur »
"Clava curva pie vinco"

Offline StanleyPain

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: (>'.'<)(*)(*)(¯`·._) LLJK (¯`·._) (*)(*) (>'.'<)
« Reply #61 on: January 19, 2011, 12:22:14 am »
Archery seems okay, most people crying about it probably haven't logged their archer on at all.

Now if we're discussing skill based gameplay, all 2handers should have a 50% speed decrease across the board, that would separate the men from the spammers.

Offline Lanic0r

• Noble
  • Renown: 20
  • Infamy: 66
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 19, 2011, 12:26:34 am »
yeah keep Nerfing On!
And for the IDIO*** talking about skilled archers: There is no skilled archer, there is allways someone who needs to be nerfed. And To spam? Because evrything has been nerfed, therefore you cant hit anything and it seems like spaming arrows. Play an archer like i did, long ranged shots over the whole map and hit somebody. You can do it? Then wait until next patch and next patch and.....
Think about skilled anything....
If someone is skilled other people get allways jealous and wants him to nerf.  Thats the fact. And its not only the decreasing of some shit, once you get used to changed things chadz comes with new nerfs and changes. THANK YOU!

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 19, 2011, 12:27:17 am »
Archery seems okay, most people crying about it probably haven't logged their archer on at all.

Now if we're discussing skill based gameplay, all 2handers should have a 50% speed decrease across the board, that would separate the men from the spammers.

And make it possible to block all 2handers even half-asleep. Which is my major gripe with any "decrease 2h speed" suggestions... it makes blocking too easy.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Beleidiger

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 19, 2011, 12:30:00 am »
1 Question is it normal that i hit an Courser 3 times with my Long Bow in the Chest and he is still alive??Or is that the -1 Piecing damage now??

I Played my Archer and the Arrow speed seems a bit slower so it becomes that i Hit an Teammate instead of the Enemy if i shoot into an Meele Fight!

(But maybe i have only a bad day)^^

Offline StanleyPain

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 19, 2011, 12:43:08 am »
And make it possible to block all 2handers even half-asleep. Which is my major gripe with any "decrease 2h speed" suggestions... it makes blocking too easy.

Because as it is it takes no skill to play a 2 hander?  8-)

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 19, 2011, 12:44:00 am »
Because as it is it takes no skill to play a 2 hander?  8-)

Cool logic bro, I don't follow though. 2handers = need to manual block. Faster 2handers = harder to manual block attacks from other 2handers, which are your main threat anyways.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline StanleyPain

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 19, 2011, 12:44:04 am »
1 Question is it normal that i hit an Courser 3 times with my Long Bow in the Chest and he is still alive??Or is that the -1 Piecing damage now??

I Played my Archer and the Arrow speed seems a bit slower so it becomes that i Hit an Teammate instead of the Enemy if i shoot into an Meele Fight!

(But maybe i have only a bad day)^^

Yeah you have to be a bit more careful firing into a melee clusterfuck now. Had 1 TK today because of that, still very doable, and rewarding.

Offline StanleyPain

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 19, 2011, 12:44:57 am »
Cool logic bro, I don't follow though. 2handers = need to manual block. Faster 2handers = harder to manual block.

What skill does it take to continually swing left to right with a 2hander and kill 20 people and 4 teammates? :)

Offline Nemeth

• Knight
  • Renown: 34
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Nemeth
  • IRC nick: Nemeth
« Reply #69 on: January 19, 2011, 12:47:03 am »
Only noticable nerf to archery is the arrow speed. It takes some time to get used to it, but it's not really a big deal. The other nerfs (lower damage on arrows, lower amount of arrows, higher cost, dunno what else has been nerfed) I don't really care about them. They dont change your playstyle at all. I use strong bow (21/17 atm, 7 pd, about 140 wpf), and I'm doing just fine after the patch. Regulary having positive KDR, more often than not I can get myself to the upper half of the score board, pretty much all of my kills are ranged. Yes, I'm not killing anyone with full health in one shot, and I don't expect to anyway.
If this is what it takes to reduce the skillless spammers and generally the number of archers that are out there, just because it's so called easy mode, I have no problem with it.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 19, 2011, 12:49:17 am »
What skill does it take to continually swing left to right with a 2hander and kill 20 people and 4 teammates? :)

I'mma let you finish but Fraps yourself doing this, upload it to Youtube, provide link.

Also, teammates aren't people? Sheesh man, why so mean?
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 12:54:22 am by Xant »
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline StanleyPain

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 19, 2011, 12:56:01 am »
Teammates are there to steal your righeous K/D ratio and should be hunted like the vermin they are ;)

Offline Jambi

• Earl
  • Renown: 410
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player
  • Walks with God.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jambi
« Reply #72 on: January 19, 2011, 01:34:24 am »
I think archers were fine.. right after the whole revamp. Archers now need to wear even more lighter armor... otherwise the WPF we have left.. is nerfed down even more, making our reticule look like a beaver of a knocked up chick. I dont see why we need a damage and protection nerf. But ooh well its fine im happy.

Only thing that fucks up everything is the damn glitchy servers.

Arrows fly straight thru people. Damage is sometimes delayed greatly. Server "bungy cord" lag happends often, And the damn Admins are chocolate chip cookie's.... changing maps, without asking public oppinion, and threatining with bans, if anyone argue's about it.

Who cares how fast arrows fly now etc. Or how many throwers there are. The game is broken at its core, and thats the servers in my oppinion.
Dont go saying its me lagging. My ping is always between 20-30. No packetloss etc.

hate you chadz  :P
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 02:09:20 am by Jambi »
Love will tear us apart.
Also, most fucked up brain of the year award goes to jambi. Well done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cX9Cpuj4igk

Offline Gevyn

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 19, 2011, 01:37:16 am »
so does power draw still bring down the WPP?

Offline Jambi

• Earl
  • Renown: 410
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player
  • Walks with God.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jambi
« Reply #74 on: January 19, 2011, 01:46:49 am »
so does power draw still bring down the WPP?

No it doesnt..
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 01:52:29 am by Jambi »
Love will tear us apart.
Also, most fucked up brain of the year award goes to jambi. Well done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cX9Cpuj4igk