Author Topic: nerfed archer again  (Read 29658 times)

Offline Ashrik

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LOTS AND LOTS OF JOLLY KNIGHTS LOTS AND LOTS OF JO
  • Game nicks: LLJK_Ashraa
Re: nerfed archer again
« Reply #90 on: January 19, 2011, 03:02:19 am »
EDIT: Are negative troll points for being troll? Or is it the other way around?
It's neither, negative troll points are for people clicking the negative button next to your name.

By the by, no one cares to get to know you Jambi- your poor opinions speak for themselves.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 03:04:17 am by Ashrik »
I am Uhtred_III_of_Bebbanbawler.

I answer to no man.

Offline Jambi

• Earl
  • Renown: 410
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player
  • Walks with God.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jambi
« Reply #91 on: January 19, 2011, 03:04:01 am »
    And where in the post am i whining about archers? Im whining about the server, but as 2 people already adressed having the same issue... why would i need too come up with pictures and proof?

Yep, there talking about actuall archery, there talking about how the server meeses up arrows.

Archers now need to wear even more lighter armor... otherwise the WPF we have left.. is nerfed down even more, making our reticule look the the beaver of a knocked up chick.

Yeps said that too, ever noticed how the reticule opens up faster when wearing heavier armor? the reticule might be small like in your pretty pictures on your thread. but if you take it too the field its another story.

Ever noticed how, when your reticule opens up after delaying your shot for too long, but the arrow still flies accuratly.. as if your reticule never opened up? This happends when you wear light armor. The reticule will deceive you for a moment, keeping its accuracy longer then the reticule tells you.

When you wear heavy armor, wich you cant do anymore, since your mostly stuck around 160 wpf, the reticule still goes very small, but is already actually opened up. Thats whay your arrows might fly way out of your reticule, while it actually is still small. Before the patch, this was no problem, because people ran around with 250+ wpf sometimes.

Basicly to round it up is.
Some pictures might be cool too look at, but when you actually play an archer and have good feeling for them.. you will find that you can better do archery on your gut feeling, then actually use the reticule.
Actually when you start palying an archer, its better too just simple forget that your have a reticule at all.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 03:05:04 am by Jambi »
Love will tear us apart.
Also, most fucked up brain of the year award goes to jambi. Well done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cX9Cpuj4igk

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #92 on: January 19, 2011, 03:05:01 am »

It's neither, negative troll points are for people clicking the negative button next to your name

lol, yeah this really.  I think they're "supposed" to be for being a troll but really it's just something to click on and try to get as high or low as possible.  - clicks for me make me happy.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 03:06:09 am by Gorath »
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Jambi

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Walks with God.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 19, 2011, 03:11:21 am »
You dont know him any better, would be my guess, yet you obviously have no problem having opinion about him...
Anyway, I respect you as an archer, I know you're good, I saw you on many occasions toping score boards, and pretty much always be in the top 3-5 of the team. That's why I don't understand this whine about accuracy. I wear tunic over mail, leather gloves, some 0 weight boots and hat and my accuracy is absolutely fine with strong bow, I have almost the same accuracy with war bow, only the reticule will get bigger and bigger after nearly a second of steadiness, but my build is not complete (144 wpf), and with one more weapon master, I can imagine it will get a bit better. And even if not, well I'm not against war bow being for the most skilled people who can line up their shots within a second.

And as for your " i never go around in armor compostion heavier then 6 weight", I see you regulary in tunic over mail, which I believe is 9.5 weight. Unless there is some wierd calculator for total weight of you armor, I think that's more than 6.

You caught me there, yep. ive been using mail over coats lately. Still tinkering and testing around, but today ive used myold studded coat again :-)
But yeah i dont know him either, i never said i did. I quess the only oppinions i have had about him, is how he is responding too my posts. Seems fair no ?
Love will tear us apart.

Offline Nemeth

• Knight
  • Renown: 34
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Nemeth
  • IRC nick: Nemeth
« Reply #94 on: January 19, 2011, 03:21:24 am »
You caught me there, yep. ive been using mail over coats lately. Still tinkering and testing around, but today ive used myold studded coat again :-)
But yeah i dont know him either, i never said i did. I quess the only oppinions i have had about him, is how he is responding too my posts. Seems fair no ?

Right, I remember seeing you in that armor as well as a matter of fact ^^ Honestly I don't like studded coat, simply because I look like a doll in it. I'm happy with my tunic over mail. For strong bow, which is my favourite, it's no big deal, and the ability to survive 2-3 shots (unless there is someone like muffin with his 9 PD and war bow, who can one shot me still) is invaluable for me. I can imagine that for me, being effective with warbow would mean lose the extra armor, but that is a trade off I don't wanna take just yet.
And I don't really care about the whole thing between you and Gorath, just that in one post you call him retard, in other you tell him not to make opinions about you, that's all.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 03:23:46 am by Nemeth »

Offline Jambi

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Walks with God.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 19, 2011, 03:49:39 am »
Right, I remember seeing you in that armor as well as a matter of fact ^^ Honestly I don't like studded coat, simply because I look like a doll in it. I'm happy with my tunic over mail. For strong bow, which is my favourite, it's no big deal, and the ability to survive 2-3 shots (unless there is someone like muffin with his 9 PD and war bow, who can one shot me still) is invaluable for me. I can imagine that for me, being effective with warbow would mean lose the extra armor, but that is a trade off I don't wanna take just yet.
And I don't really care about the whole thing between you and Gorath, just that in one post you call him retard, in other you tell him not to make opinions about you, that's all.

Nah i did call Gorath Funny,  never called him a retard, i said he flipped out like a retard, i never claimed him too be one. Last thing i would want, is too start insulting random people.
But i cant be bother with that discussion anymore.

But yeah. Its all about personal flavour, Muffin has a good PD score and hits like a truck. I believe one of the STR archer builds Mustikki had, was even upto 10 PD, i never seen it. I wasnt playing when he ran that build.

My playstyle  depends on the opposite team. My basic build, wich i run the most with, doesnt go higher then 6 in total weight.
But when the opposite team tends too split up alot, or has alot of ninja's roaming the flanks, i choose for tunic over mail, simple because it comes in various colours, that are good for camo. IE White = Snow
Red = Village/Castle walls Green=Grassy/Forest Blue= Foggy maps.
Also the Tunic over mail, absorbs 1 more hit in compared too the Studded coat, in most situation. ideal for when you get sneaked upon and someone start spamming in your back, you have time to draw your weapon out and defend yourself. Gives you a penatly in accuracy, but sometiems its worth it.

Its realy all about how you want too play an archer. The scoreboards mean jack-shit. There's plenty good archers out there, that never hit top score and end up in the middle of the board with negative K/D ratio.
But have chipped away at plenty players, too make it easier for their team too take them out.

Anyways, were geting off-topic i believe. :lol:

« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 03:59:01 am by Jambi »
Love will tear us apart.

Offline Nemeth

• Knight
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Nemeth
  • IRC nick: Nemeth
« Reply #96 on: January 19, 2011, 04:02:56 am »
Yet another thread hijacked, though page 4 is pretty good result imo.

EDIT: And yeah, I just misinterpreted the whole flippin' post. Thing I tend to do from time to time, which then leaves me looking like and idiot ^^
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 04:09:33 am by Nemeth »

Offline RandomDude

• Earl
  • Renown: 431
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • I play now! but I suck =(
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: RandomDude
  • IRC nick: RandomDude
« Reply #97 on: January 19, 2011, 04:15:18 am »
(click to show/hide)

i agree with this post
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 04:23:20 am by RandomDude »

Offline UrLukur

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 19
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 19, 2011, 04:40:40 am »
Hi, actually I am new and don't really have any experience about the game online... What I can propose (and you may excuse my bad English) is some historical facts about archery...

English LongBowers were used to shoot about 6 to 10 arrows in one minute with 140-180Lbs Bows. That's about one arrow every 6-10 secs, that's quite of slow,.. but try to pull 140Lbs of pressure with only one arm,... 6 times per minute, sometimes during hours.

But all this energy paid well such those arrow could even penetrate fullplate armors, only the scale mails were able to spread enough energy to avoid penetration (And we're not talking about distances)

Instead of that, and not talking about compound bows, we have now target bows from 15 to 60 Lbs and 40 to 80Lbs for hunting bows.

With those bows you can actully reach some good rate of fire, we're talking of 15 to 20 arrows per minute (not sustainable for long periods...), what gives us one arrow every 3 to 4 secs.

Of course, those arrow would never penetrate full plate armors,. and even Mail would offer good resistance.

Beside of that,... we have the Hungarian (or steppe) kind of bow. Laminated, composite and recurved. It alows to have an 100-120lbs bow with the dimentions of a short bow. Those bows were used in Cavalery Archer for there maneability and low-encumbrance.

Of course, and as their tension force shows, they were intermediate in effectiveness and shooting rate compared to the two other types.

My point in that to the game ?

Give Long and War bows high arrow speed and penetration and diminish considerably the rate of fire.

AND

Give Hunting and Short bows low arrow speed and low (or none) penetration but high fire rates.

And, if possible,.. only allow Horse Archery with Recuverd bows, with intermediate speeds and rate fire.

So, if you're Robin Hood and thing you can make and head shot 300yards away, don't even try with low powered bows,.. take your time with a long one.

If you want to spam crowds to lower the enemies health and help allies, take low powered ones,.. but dont' even try long range shoots or to one-shot anyone,....

That's my point.

Your so called facts are not accurate.

Longbows had better rof, dealt less damage and have problems with penetration, even against good mail.

You also underestimate recurved bows.
"Clava curva pie vinco"

Offline RandomDude

• Earl
  • Renown: 431
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • I play now! but I suck =(
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: RandomDude
  • IRC nick: RandomDude
« Reply #99 on: January 19, 2011, 04:45:23 am »
(click to show/hide)

but from a balance point of view for the game it's a good idea

Offline UrLukur

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 19
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 19, 2011, 04:48:01 am »
(click to show/hide)

but from a balance point of view for the game it's a good idea

Would bring some variety, still, i'd rather manipulate with range (projectile speed) than with arrow speed. Reloading is a must tho.
"Clava curva pie vinco"

Offline duurrr

• Knight
  • Renown: 65
  • Infamy: 97
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: kekeeke
« Reply #101 on: January 19, 2011, 05:35:47 am »
trolls trolling trolls

enjoy the aids spread

Offline 3ABP

• Knight
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 19, 2011, 09:55:16 am »
This "nerf" is (as chadz sad) for testing purposes.
I am not care about all other bow and weapon at all ^).

I am interested only in my bow - Longbow.
Today - he is - baby water pistol.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I am not looking "best weapon ever" - because in this case I have Xbow and throwings...
But I will not play with Xbow anyway - even if they have guided bolts or "rapid fire" or bolts with AOE effects.
Because i don't like Xbow stile and like some other stile...
I don't ask to nerw Xbows or other weapon. I don't think about it at all.

Just please don't forget to return some portion of love exactly to Longbow (after testing time).

Because today here is no point to use this bow at all ^(.
It is only wasting... time, money, and wasting of my help, what i must give to my team.
As 2H I will give more help, as archer with Khergit or Strong bows - i will give more help.
With Longbow - I am totally helpless.

« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 10:01:18 am by 3ABP »
              [STR] Strangers Faction

Offline Eyerra

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 19, 2011, 10:07:18 am »
I don't get this "there were too many archers" argument. Is there too much infantry now?

Offline 3ABP

• Knight
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 19, 2011, 10:09:25 am »
Powerdraw no longer nerfs wpf.  That short holding time is because you are using a bow that matches the powerdraw you currently have.  If you use a bow with 1 powerdraw requirement less then what you have you can hold the shot longer and reticules actually shrink by a third, there is less of an effect with 2 powerdraw above, even less improvemnt with 3, and very minor improvement with 4 powerdraw above.  So if you are using a longbow you have only 1 really effective build 21 str/18 agi, with 8 converted points and then doing 7 powerdraw with 6 weaponmaster all in archery.  Its essentially a penalty for using a bow with matching powerdraw.  For strong bow recommend 6-7 powerdraw.  The only person I know that still uses a longbow is Bandit_Dughan so you might want to talk to him about his experience, but as far as I saw over half his kills were with his melee weapon which is something you should be prepared for.

For testing purposes (with Longbow) I used my alt character - and spent all point to PD (so have 11 PD).
No difference at all. Or you shoot immediately when crosshair minimized or don't shoot at all (start aiming again).

P.s. unfortunately developers removed single play options and didn't sad how now working game mechanics.
Earlier we used single player to test some features - now we can't.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 10:10:39 am by 3ABP »
              [STR] Strangers Faction