Author Topic: nerfed archer again  (Read 29723 times)

Offline bruce

• Count
  • Renown: 262
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the Freak Army of the Gnjus / Saracens
  • Game nicks: Saracen_el_Brus
Re: nerfed archer again
« Reply #225 on: January 20, 2011, 10:48:16 pm »
I dont know man, when I throw Javelins with my 4 PT thrower it feels pretty similar to shooting with my Khergit bow now :D

Idk, my 7 PD very strong bow has very similar shot speed to the prepatch sniper crossbow. Of course, as a melee/archery hybrid (wearing armour, to boot) I'm not too accurate, but on the other hand, 7 PS and a balanced glaive are worth sacrificing some accuracy for.

Best ban reason ever:
Quote from: Wookimonsta
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".

Offline Knute

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 682
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Free Peasants of Fisdnar
« Reply #226 on: January 21, 2011, 12:03:06 am »
The decreased shot speed is a pain in the ass, but what really bugs me out is the change in arrows.Less of them with less damage?Fine, but why make them more expensive?

Also, the reduced speed doesnt induce more skill(Really, if at all its just aim 10 metres higher and favors high lvl Archers with more wpf and a tighter reticule).

If you want to make Archers more skill based, remove the reticule and severely increase the damage, same for throwers(But here increase the ammo count :D)

I haven't played on the battle server much but going in with less bodkins isn't such a big deal on the siege server where there's plenty of ammo laying around.

Overall, I'm enjoying the new system, it's fun, still making lots of money and slumming it as a foot archer until I can retire at level 31 in...maybe 2 years and go horse archer. 

Offline Quamara

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nords
  • Game nicks: Quamara, Hanaestil, Shazmanyat, Hypatia
« Reply #227 on: January 21, 2011, 12:23:51 am »
First of all...i play some different classes but most (and it is my favorite) archer.

after  a while i got used to the new situation.

less arrows - ok dont shoot at long distances and save them when enemy team is near - if you want more arrows grab the cheaper ones
less dmg - ok doesnt really matter
less arrow speed - dont shoot at long distances and be careful when shooting into melee (like before the last patch^^)

only thing that changed for me is that i have to make more melee kills because of the long drawtime and im easy prey for melees due to staying most time near the front line...

to all archers whining about the nerf: find your role - shoot horses, disturb the enemy so your comrade can kill him and get your kill when its time for it
to all melees whining about archers: get along with it - grab a shield or learn how to dodge arrows its really easy - archers are not op and its not a easy game beeing archer

just my two cents..

Offline Ethaor

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: January 21, 2011, 04:24:35 pm »
All best player on servers (wich, just so we clear, im rly not part of) don't complains about archers being OPed anyway, even before patch. They just complains about Throwing or Horse charge. I've only seen lowbies and the raging-type player complain about it really. The good players become good cauze they played a lot and as so are prbly the most inclined to know what's balanced and what's not so maybe ppl should start listen to them rather than the mass who usually just want to Nerf everything they're not playing. OMG i got killed by an archer, this class is so OP!

A good player do know how easy it is to dodge an arrow, a good player do knows for a fact how easy it is to kill an archer once you get close and a good player realize archers are annoying when there's a lot of them, but that it doesn't make the class overpowered. I don't know myself if Archers need another nerf or a boost i've not played cRPG long enough but i know a lot of ppl complains about things being OP just after they got killed by it wich makes me think that's its everything but a fair and wise thinking, some players could use a bit more modesty and admit from time to time that an archer isn't OP but just good at it when he/she manage to grab a kill here and there. As an archer, as far as my experience goes, you have to earn every damn kill. I do a lot more of Kills when i play melee class and i find amazing that ppl complains about archery after they keep killing everyone of them in melee every two round. How comes Archers are never on top of the killing board.

Offline Babelfish

• Knight
  • Renown: 62
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: January 21, 2011, 06:50:31 pm »
A good player do know how easy it is to dodge an arrow, a good player do knows for a fact how easy it is to kill an archer once you get close and a good player realize archers are annoying when there's a lot of them, but that it doesn't make the class overpowered. I don't know myself if Archers need another nerf or a boost i've not played cRPG long enough but i know a lot of ppl complains about things being OP just after they got killed by it wich makes me think that's its everything but a fair and wise thinking, some players could use a bit more modesty and admit from time to time that an archer isn't OP but just good at it when he/she manage to grab a kill here and there. As an archer, as far as my experience goes, you have to earn every damn kill. I do a lot more of Kills when i play melee class and i find amazing that ppl complains about archery after they keep killing everyone of them in melee every two round. How comes Archers are never on top of the killing board.

Well, when a player is faced with someone that is trying to dodge arrows, its actually not that hard to judge where the player is going to move next. Good archers prove this all the time. I personally think archers are at a good place at the moment, but there is no denying at pre big-patch they were way over the top.

Also i find the notion that archers need to earn their kills extremely funny. They are the most laid back 'class' in cRPG. And they have high reward for minimal risk (No other class has this). When im on my archer, i can kill the best player without breaking a sweat. On my melee character whoever, not only is the sweat dripping but i most likely will leave the fight with less then 50% hp.. And thats if i win.. My archer just change target if i cant kill someone

And archers are topping the charts, ive done it, and i have seen others do it.
(Best i had was 33/2 on Lisa, gen 1, level 24, this reset)

« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 06:53:24 pm by Babelfish »

Offline Blondin

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • aka Blondie
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Blondin, Tuco, Sentenza
  • IRC nick: Blondin
« Reply #230 on: January 21, 2011, 06:51:52 pm »
All best player on servers (wich, just so we clear, im rly not part of) don't complains about archers being OPed anyway, even before patch. They just complains about Throwing or Horse charge. I've only seen lowbies and the raging-type player complain about it really. The good players become good cauze they played a lot and as so are prbly the most inclined to know what's balanced and what's not so maybe ppl should start listen to them rather than the mass who usually just want to Nerf everything they're not playing. OMG i got killed by an archer, this class is so OP!

This thread is not ppl whining about archers, but it's a thread about archers whining cause of the nerf...

Anyway, it' seems that dev have found the right balance, atleast they made a move in favor of infantry, not a big nerf, but this is enough to make everybody happy (and that's all we want). Archery seems to be balanced now, it wasn't before the buff (cause archery was to low) and it wasn't after the buff (cause archery was to strong), now it's nice for everybody.
But every class have pros and cons, if you take shielders for example, they are well protected but do low damage, well i guess it's the same for archers, they can shoot from afar (which is a kind of protection) but they do less damage (except head shot ofc).

I guess we find an agreement...
« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 06:53:14 pm by Blondin »

Offline 3ABP

• Knight
  • Renown: 34
  • Infamy: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: January 21, 2011, 06:57:45 pm »
Btw I didn't see in this thread whine from archers. Only some tidy and timid comments\remarks.
Just some attempts to indicate(?)\show some weak\wrong places in current situation. Nothing more.
              [STR] Strangers Faction
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline SalmonGod

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: January 21, 2011, 10:06:02 pm »
Btw I didn't see in this thread whine from archers. Only some tidy and timid comments\remarks.
Just some attempts to indicate(?)\show some weak\wrong places in current situation. Nothing more.

I've seen 4 types of people on this topic in every thread about it.

1. Archers whining about being underpowered.

2. Non-archers complaining about archers in a non-constructive and childish manner.

3. Players criticising archery in a constructive and well-reasoned manner, especially after trying it themselves.

4.  Archers character assassinating everyone who criticizes archery and attempting to lump them all under #2.

Offline Warcat

• Earl
  • Renown: 396
  • Infamy: 40
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Warcat_ Village_Elder Merchant_of_Tulga Tavern_Keeper Guild_Master Ramun_The_Slave_Trader
« Reply #233 on: January 21, 2011, 10:34:44 pm »
5. People who list what types of people reply in this thread.
In memory of Fallen_Warcat_, member of Fallen Brigade, ruler of Zagush
Tavern_Keeper #1 NA shielder
Strategus City Improvement Project

Offline bruce

• Count
  • Renown: 262
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the Freak Army of the Gnjus / Saracens
  • Game nicks: Saracen_el_Brus
« Reply #234 on: January 22, 2011, 02:48:03 am »
Something funny. Just hit level 31. And it's offering me to, amongst other things, heirloom this:
Very Strong Bow
weight 1.25
requirement 5
spd rtng 63
shoot speed 52
thrust damage 25 cut
accuracy 96

to this:

Balanced Strong Bow
weight 1.25
difficulty 6
spd rtng 91
shoot speed 59
thrust damage 26,pierce
accuracy 96

I'm assuming its a display bug.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 02:50:18 am by bruce »
Best ban reason ever:
Quote from: Wookimonsta
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".

Offline Warcat

• Earl
  • Renown: 396
  • Infamy: 40
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Warcat_ Village_Elder Merchant_of_Tulga Tavern_Keeper Guild_Master Ramun_The_Slave_Trader
« Reply #235 on: January 22, 2011, 06:53:20 am »
Either that you you've got yourself a minecraft bow.
In memory of Fallen_Warcat_, member of Fallen Brigade, ruler of Zagush
Tavern_Keeper #1 NA shielder
Strategus City Improvement Project

Offline Whalen207

• Noble
  • Renown: 11
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
  • If I see that fucking pickle one more time...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: [Guard_Whalen207 [Guard_Whale_Tosser [Guard_Whale_Tank [Guard_Whale_ArrowSpam
  • IRC nick: Whalen
« Reply #236 on: January 22, 2011, 07:58:42 am »
Quick! Heirloom it before chadz returns!  :!:  :!:
Arma 2, Mount and Blade, Garry's Mod and Coloholics Roleplayer, Coder, Mapmaker and Moderator.

Offline Lorn

• Knight
  • Renown: 27
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Lorn
  • IRC nick: Lorn
« Reply #237 on: January 22, 2011, 08:03:03 am »
Something funny. Just hit level 31. And it's offering me to, amongst other things, heirloom this:
Very Strong Bow
weight 1.25
requirement 5
spd rtng 63
shoot speed 52
thrust damage 25 cut
accuracy 96

to this:

Balanced Strong Bow
weight 1.25
difficulty 6
spd rtng 91
shoot speed 59
thrust damage 26,pierce
accuracy 96

I'm assuming its a display bug.

It's a bug, Fasader/Shik haven't fixed the stats/prices on some of the items yet...lazy developers.

Offline Ashrik

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LOTS AND LOTS OF JOLLY KNIGHTS LOTS AND LOTS OF JO
  • Game nicks: LLJK_Ashraa
« Reply #238 on: January 22, 2011, 08:30:28 am »
Might as well ignore as a mistake. Even it it weren't a bug, they will nerf it beyond balance in order to do whatever chadz and his people are trying to do.

In other words- they have little compunction about fucking you over if it fits their dubious definition of "balance". Don't think it represents a sweet spot for archers.
I am Uhtred_III_of_Bebbanbawler.

I answer to no man.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 770
  • Infamy: 781
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: January 22, 2011, 12:22:33 pm »
Right now archers are fine, them having fast, 26 pierce damage bow would be annoyingly OP.

If I, failed archer with no skill and just 125 wpf into archery can kill pretty much the same amount of people per round using Khergit bow and Khergit arrows (I have PD 6), that means that archery is fine and balanced. If I managed to perform much better using a bow that would mean that archery is broken because it would give me boost in skill and edge over others which I don't really deserve atm.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 12:23:40 pm by Leshma »