Poll

Does Archery and Throwing need a nerf ??

Yes
65 (31%)
No
66 (31.4%)
Uuuhtaaaakk
24 (11.4%)
Stand Your Ground
23 (11%)
Whistle
32 (15.2%)

Total Members Voted: 169

Author Topic: Too many projectiles  (Read 6893 times)

Offline Dekiri

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Too many projectiles
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2011, 01:06:30 pm »
There are great solutions to this "problem".... stop playing 2h spam classes when you are unable to dodge arrows and bolts or use a fucking shield.

As an archer i can tell you exactly who is invincible to me and its not the 2hand spammers that stand in some corner and wait to be shot.

If more people use shields or watch where they stand and go the ranged classes are in serious trouble.

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2011, 01:23:30 pm »
There are great solutions to this "problem".... stop playing 2h spam classes when you are unable to dodge arrows and bolts or use a fucking shield.

It's funny how people always assume you can move faster than an arrow  :?

I have ATH 7 and light equipment, and in most cases I don't wear a shield any more. So whenever I approach archers I run around like a madman, running zigzag (and I do it right, I move farther than my body is wide, I am not one of those "shivering" but basically remaining on the same spot. And I don't jump!), and after a few seconds I recieve my first arrow into the shoulder, then the next comes into my stomach and I am dead. I reach archers in one of 5 cases, if they see me.

So again:

YOU CAN'T FUCKIN' DODGE ARROWS!

At least not good enough to call it a viable protection.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

If there is a class too popular it's a good clue it could be OP, at least concerning the difficulty to play it. And throwing is like 1 or 2 "free kills" per round, as you only need to throw into the enemy cluster, sooner or later you will hit someone. Pure meele builds don't have these easier kills, they always have to watch footwork, blocking, feinting, etc..
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline Noely

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nords
  • Game nicks: Noely,ArchNoely
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2011, 01:36:20 pm »
If wishes were horses beggers would ride.

Offline JOPOTINTTI

• Noble
  • Renown: 11
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2011, 01:47:04 pm »
Archery just needs a little dmg nerf on arrows (-2 dmg would be enough), the real problem is throwing. Throwers should get a new animation that would prevent them for magically picking axes out of their ass at machinegun rate. Also powerthrow should decrease accuracy just like powerdraw decreases archer accuracy. It's not normal to have people with 10 powerthrow and 1 throwing WPF and HIGH accuracy.
This is utter bullshit , want a screenie of my char naked , 10 pt 100 wpf, see ?
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 01:56:35 pm by JOPOTINTTI »

Offline bruce

• Count
  • Renown: 262
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the Freak Army of the Gnjus / Saracens
  • Game nicks: Saracen_el_Brus
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2011, 02:27:27 pm »
The main problem is that there's way too many of them.

Because it's effective.

You can be the lousiest melee player ever, but if you have a spammable high damage projectile launcher... not a lot of effort required to do reasonably well. The only way people will stop doing it (unless they really really want to be a support ranged player) is if it stops providing more effect for less effort then melee.

Best ban reason ever:
Quote from: Wookimonsta
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".

Offline Dekiri

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2011, 02:49:49 pm »
It's funny how people always assume you can move faster than an arrow  :?

I have ATH 7 and light equipment, and in most cases I don't wear a shield any more. So whenever I approach archers I run around like a madman, running zigzag (and I do it right, I move farther than my body is wide, I am not one of those "shivering" but basically remaining on the same spot. And I don't jump!), and after a few seconds I recieve my first arrow into the shoulder, then the next comes into my stomach and I am dead. I reach archers in one of 5 cases, if they see me.

So again:

YOU CAN'T FUCKIN' DODGE ARROWS!

At least not good enough to call it a viable protection.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

If there is a class too popular it's a good clue it could be OP, at least concerning the difficulty to play it. And throwing is like 1 or 2 "free kills" per round, as you only need to throw into the enemy cluster, sooner or later you will hit someone. Pure meele builds don't have these easier kills, they always have to watch footwork, blocking, feinting, etc..

you can easily dodge arrows and even c-bow bolts unless the archer is VERY close to you. How do you think an archer fights another? It is not who shoots first wins, but constand dodging of the others arrows.

Offline Joxer

• Knight
  • Renown: 55
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Autolycus Joxer_The_Mighty Salmoneus
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2011, 02:58:09 pm »
I play an archer sometimes but also a dedicated unshielded pikeman. As pikeman I have learned that ranged classes aren't a problem. They kill me sometimes. However most often I get killed in a melee situation when I get hit by ranged, stunned and then killed by the melee guy. When there is no melee I find it relatively easy to stay out of the harms way. Am I just that good or are the rest of the players shitting us when they say you can't dodge ranged? :D
Why is everybody telling me to think? I think, I just don't show it.

Offline Dekiri

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2011, 03:07:01 pm »
No idea i think its just trying to "make a point" by claiming bullshit

Offline Kalam

• Duke
  • Renown: 697
  • Infamy: 163
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Never do an enemy a small injury.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Linebreakers
  • Game nicks: Cavalieres_Midnighter, Dunsparrow
  • IRC nick: Kalam
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2011, 03:11:14 pm »
Allow me to paint a picture depicting the standard round for my shieldless 2-hander.

I use my athletics to plant myself in a hidden spot, silently lying in wait for the enemies who are sure to come through this alley. My team mates catch up, a-bristle with weapons of all sorts.

What they don't expect is the sudden barrage of javelins, jarids, and axes that emerge from the shielders who turn the corner, decimating my team in a minute. Fearing for my life but tasting sweet revenge upon my tongue, I spy two other shielders hiding in a corner, apparently apart from the main throng. Licking my lips, I skulk behind them and slash one twice. He turns, still alive due to his armour and gods know what else.

And...chucks an axe in my face.

I whine.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 578
  • Infamy: 955
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2011, 03:17:16 pm »
A week ago, while playing ninja I had no problem dodging flying shit. Maybe it's worse now, maybe archers got smarter.

Offline Lanic0r

• Noble
  • Renown: 20
  • Infamy: 66
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2011, 03:18:39 pm »
It's a living hell for a 2-hander, like myself, to get into melee on certain maps. First I have to endure the hailstorm of arrows to advance forward to the village and when I get there I have to dodge axes and other nasty shit thrown at me + the usual asshole who continues to aim his bow specifically at me. Almost like he got some personal hatred for me, stalking me across the whole damn map.

Should anything be nerfed? No. Archery, Xbowing and throwing is fine. Archery should get back their original animations imo, the current one looks like shit but that's a different topic.

The main problem is that there's way too many of them. Seems like everyone and their mother got throwing these days. And to change/force people out of there playstyle is hard if not impossible. I have really no idea on how to fix this issue.

I guess though, chadz could nerf the shit out of throwing and then stealth buff it up to its normal level. Making the overall majority of the throwing crowd swap to something else for abit.

Other then that, here's my usual reply to archers and throwers, ranged in general - Die in a fire you cowardly scumbags.
Its your own fault, you dont use shields although you are 2h. you could wear 3 shields!
Elmo loves you ;D
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 03:21:29 pm by Lanic0r »

Offline Spawny

• Count
  • Renown: 152
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Templar_Spawny
« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2011, 03:20:22 pm »
Allow me to paint a picture depicting the standard round for my shieldless 2-hander.

I use my athletics to plant myself in a hidden spot, silently lying in wait for the enemies who are sure to come through this alley. My team mates catch up, a-bristle with weapons of all sorts.

What they don't expect is the sudden barrage of javelins, jarids, and axes that emerge from the shielders who turn the corner, decimating my team in a minute. Fearing for my life but tasting sweet revenge upon my tongue, I spy two other shielders hiding in a corner, apparently apart from the main throng. Licking my lips, I skulk behind them and slash one twice. He turns, still alive due to his armour and gods know what else.

And...chucks an axe in my face.

I whine.

You shouldn't hit people with a torch and sideswings when they don't see you. Get a big sword, 1 overhead hit is enough.

Oh yeah, just run up to him. If he still has his throwing axe in throwing mode, you will BUMP him, giving you another free hit. If he doesn't, he now has a 1h melee weapon with crappy damage and reach.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The problem is even if you are number 1 in NA you are still only number 467 in EU or the worst in AUS(number 17)

Offline AssPunisher

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2011, 03:22:50 pm »
A week ago, while playing ninja I had no problem dodging flying shit. Maybe it's worse now, maybe archers got smarter.

No, we score hits when we're not supposed to. I guess I played too much FPSs to notice that while others don't. I'm not exceptionally skilled archer but I shoot down cav without much problem and I don't bother to waste arrows on their horses anymore. On the other hand, if majority likes it so do I.

EDIT
There seems to be some archery changes in today's patch regarding accuracy so we'll see how that goes.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 03:24:18 pm by AssPunisher »

Offline Nemeth

• Knight
  • Renown: 34
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Nemeth
  • IRC nick: Nemeth
« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2011, 03:29:40 pm »
For those who say dodging arrows is impossible, I have an advice. Don't zig zag in a pattern. When I see 2h coming my way, zig zaging left-right-left-right, I can only smile, predict his every move and hit him easily. Also, get the feel how long it takes for an archer to draw the bow and shoot (make an archer and get him to reasonable level to get the hang of it or whatever), if you time your zig zaging right, archers will very rarely hit you. Smart 2h when closing the gap, will run straight to me and when he sees me draw the bow, he moves just the second I launch the arrow. It's very very hard to hit him that way.
I feel the biggest problem for ppl is not the gap closing, but once you engage in melee with another melee, you are pretty much sitting duck for any archer that decides to shoot you.

Offline bruce

• Count
  • Renown: 262
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the Freak Army of the Gnjus / Saracens
  • Game nicks: Saracen_el_Brus
« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2011, 03:33:50 pm »
once you engage in melee with another melee, you are pretty much sitting duck for any archer that decides to shoot you.

Exactly, and this is the time throwers/archers/crossbows are most terrifying. Shield or no shield, too (shield sometimes helps, of course, but often not so much).
Best ban reason ever:
Quote from: Wookimonsta
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".