Poll

Does Archery and Throwing need a nerf ??

Yes
65 (31%)
No
66 (31.4%)
Uuuhtaaaakk
24 (11.4%)
Stand Your Ground
23 (11%)
Whistle
32 (15.2%)

Total Members Voted: 169

Author Topic: Too many projectiles  (Read 6862 times)

Offline TactiCol

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Too many projectiles
« on: January 18, 2011, 10:52:26 am »
Too much shit flying through the air, Melee Class are getting it in the ass from all comers.

Does anyone have a solution as the balance of power has clearly shifted toward these classes ?

Maybe nerf archer damage and accuracy toward melee class and keep it the same for archer/archer engagement.

When the patch before last nerfed archery a bit, the battles were far more engaging for all classes imho.

Between archery and throwing, melee class can't swing a sword without getting a projectile to the face.

Offline Spawny

• Count
  • Renown: 152
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Templar_Spawny
Re: Too many projectiles
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2011, 11:02:03 am »
Throwing and archery aren't unbalanced or OP or whatever. It's just that there are a lot more of them these days.

People addapt to new situations. As there will come more archers, more people will start using shields to protect themselves. You just can't get away with a pure IF/PS/Ath/WM build anymore as a 2h/polearms. You just need to spend a few points on shieldskill (3 is enough for a shield that covers you from tip to toe) and you can safely advance towards the frontline.

Keep in mind most throwers and archers are easy kills when you get in their faces.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The problem is even if you are number 1 in NA you are still only number 467 in EU or the worst in AUS(number 17)

Offline Malevolent_Warlord

• Noble
  • Renown: 15
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Warlords_Axeman, Warlords_Archer, Warlords_Torturer, Warlords_Skirmisher, Warlords_Infantry
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2011, 11:15:29 am »
Why don't u whiners just try those classes urself?

All those who bitch about this and that always just stick with their one and only class and when they get killed by some other class that stops them from killing peasants they start to bitch and moan.

If ranged players bother u get a shield, avoid them, manuever, use stealth, hunt them with a horse.
Don't expect ur character to be an all-beating-jack-of-all-trades-yber-spam-crushthrough-overkill.

If u get killed, its because u made a mistake.
MP nicks: Malevolent_Warlord, Warlords_Axeman, Warlords_Archer, Warlords_Torturer, Warlords_Skirmisher, Warlords_Infantry, Warlords_Clibanarii

Those who are interested in tactics and tips: http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,225.0.html

Offline TactiCol

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2011, 11:21:10 am »
Why don't u whiners just try those classes urself?

All those who bitch about this and that always just stick with their one and only class and when they get killed by some other class that stops them from killing peasants they start to bitch and moan.

If ranged players bother u get a shield, avoid them, manuever, use stealth, hunt them with a horse.
Don't expect ur character to be an all-beating-jack-of-all-trades-yber-spam-crushthrough-overkill.

If u get killed, its because u made a mistake.

Fail response tbh. Unnecessary Vitriol

I did roll an HA, but I didn't enjoy the long distance combat. I like to be in amongst it.

Shields are one way to curb it but then it's turtles v archers. Hardly makes for the most engaging gameplay.

No one is complaining about getting killed.

Get yourself back on the failbus. :)

Offline TactiCol

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2011, 11:22:41 am »
Throwing and archery aren't unbalanced or OP or whatever. It's just that there are a lot more of them these days.

People addapt to new situations. As there will come more archers, more people will start using shields to protect themselves. You just can't get away with a pure IF/PS/Ath/WM build anymore as a 2h/polearms. You just need to spend a few points on shieldskill (3 is enough for a shield that covers you from tip to toe) and you can safely advance towards the frontline.

Keep in mind most throwers and archers are easy kills when you get in their faces.

Fair comment.

Maybe it is more to do with the fact that there are just so bloody many of them.

Offline Punisher

• Baron
  • Renown: 127
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Punisher
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2011, 11:26:17 am »
Archery just needs a little dmg nerf on arrows (-2 dmg would be enough), the real problem is throwing. Throwers should get a new animation that would prevent them for magically picking axes out of their ass at machinegun rate. Also powerthrow should decrease accuracy just like powerdraw decreases archer accuracy. It's not normal to have people with 10 powerthrow and 1 throwing WPF and HIGH accuracy.

Offline Everkistus

• Marshall
  • Renown: 987
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • No good deed goes unpunished
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Everkistus
  • IRC nick: Everkistus
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2011, 11:55:03 am »
Archery just needs a little dmg nerf on arrows (-2 dmg would be enough), the real problem is throwing. Throwers should get a new animation that would prevent them for magically picking axes out of their ass at machinegun rate. Also powerthrow should decrease accuracy just like powerdraw decreases archer accuracy. It's not normal to have people with 10 powerthrow and 1 throwing WPF and HIGH accuracy.
Throwing is never really accurate if you don't use stones. My thrower has 12 PT and 100-something WPF atm, and with the better throwing weapons it's just luck that gets me hits. Only thing that really onehits people are throwing lances, rarely jarids. I was going to say something here which I totally forgot, but by nerfing throwing you'll just encourage people to use bows or xbows.

Offline krampe

• Knight
  • Renown: 29
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Count Palatine of the Rhine
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pony
  • Game nicks: krampe and the moons
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2011, 11:59:27 am »
I was going to say something here which I totally forgot, but by nerfing throwing you'll just encourage people to use bows or xbows.

I would appreciate that.
Xbows -> long reload so they can shoot me once then they are dead
Bows -> low damage so they can hit me often then they are dead
Thrower -> high damage and high frequency so im dead
Sacrum Romanum Imperium

Yeah, well you know, that's just like, your opinion, man.

Offline bredeus

• Earl
  • Renown: 392
  • Infamy: 85
  • there must be Peace
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Templars since 1096 AD
  • Game nicks: Templar_Brede
  • IRC nick: Brede
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2011, 12:18:55 pm »
I've got that strange feeling that after implementing repair cost which hittet plated knights and horse lovers most, everyone is throwing something

Offline Phyrex

• Count
  • Renown: 192
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: 22nd Battalion
  • Game nicks: 22nd_Overlord_Phyrex
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2011, 12:26:53 pm »
It's a living hell for a 2-hander, like myself, to get into melee on certain maps. First I have to endure the hailstorm of arrows to advance forward to the village and when I get there I have to dodge axes and other nasty shit thrown at me + the usual asshole who continues to aim his bow specifically at me. Almost like he got some personal hatred for me, stalking me across the whole damn map.

Should anything be nerfed? No. Archery, Xbowing and throwing is fine. Archery should get back their original animations imo, the current one looks like shit but that's a different topic.

The main problem is that there's way too many of them. Seems like everyone and their mother got throwing these days. And to change/force people out of there playstyle is hard if not impossible. I have really no idea on how to fix this issue.

I guess though, chadz could nerf the shit out of throwing and then stealth buff it up to its normal level. Making the overall majority of the throwing crowd swap to something else for abit.

Other then that, here's my usual reply to archers and throwers, ranged in general - Die in a fire you cowardly scumbags.
Free Bjordhinn!

Offline BlackGyver

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • cRPG Player
  • What's up white girl ?
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vendredi (formerly), Ninja_BlackGyver, Polydextrose_Bonbon, Professeur_Tournesol, Marc_Assin
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2011, 12:36:13 pm »
The main problem is that there's way too many of them. Seems like everyone and their mother got throwing these days. And to change/force people out of there playstyle is hard if not impossible. I have really no idea on how to fix this issue.

There's actually a simple solution to this. Having a % allowed of archers and throwers in the teams. Past this %, extra people see their bows/throwing weapons disabled. No need to nerf them more this way, and you won't see half of your team going archer anymore.

Offline Brutal

• Baron
  • Renown: 91
  • Infamy: 24
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Pecores_Brutal_le chacal Cold_stone Bazooka
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2011, 12:37:54 pm »
I like that way better than half of the shiny knights reloading their xbow behind a wall like it was prepatch.
At least thrower as to be just behind the front line to be effective. plus most of them are easy kills cuz they are so slow.

Archer are pretty annoying without a shield on certain map because they can get you from so far away.

Offline TactiCol

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2011, 12:38:05 pm »
There's actually a simple solution to this. Having a % allowed of archers and throwers in the teams. Past this %, extra people see their bows/throwing weapons disabled. No need to nerf them more this way, and you won't see half of your team going archer anymore.

Would make sense.

Offline Chagan_Arslan

• Earl
  • Renown: 372
  • Infamy: 155
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Chagan_Arslan
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2011, 12:45:21 pm »

Let us just not forget about 2handers, having only a small % of them in each team while others would have their weapons disabled! Great idea bro hope chadz implement this ASAP

Offline EponiCo

• Baron
  • Renown: 92
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Aine
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2011, 01:00:34 pm »
And the more wpf you have in archery or 2h the higher the chance that your bow and 2h is taken away.  :lol:
The usual asshole is an archer doing his job btw instead of shooting peasants.