Author Topic: Archers.  (Read 3744 times)

Offline Baldr

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
  • Baldr?
    • View Profile
    • BALDR
  • Faction: Baldr
  • Game nicks: Baldr & Balder
  • IRC nick: Baldr damnit!
Re: Archers.
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2011, 05:53:58 am »
I am a 1h/Hus medium armour, I never have problem with archers FF or other wise. I get FF in melee 1 out of 20 times and maybe die from every 20 ff, not a problem. I get killed by 2h spammers so much becouse I am a dancer and they want their fucking fraggs after I have hit the enemy 3-4 times blam hit in the back by a spammer and then killed by the enemy or TK.

If you bitch about ranged your most likley very bad at dodging or you think your Baldr... the god that is, quit whining about archers they do alot more good then bad imho. Archers cant really 1 hit you unless you wear paper armour and if you do then that is your fault, buy heavier armour or why not a shield.

Its 5.50 in the morning and im very tired, and I have to go to work; please stop the archer whine threads or I will be forced to quit my job and grind a super duper lvl 45 oneshot my old friendarcher just to kill all the whiners and then you will have something to really whine about.. oh god its 5.50 im late and now im gonna get fired...

...Well i warned you.

Offline SalmonGod

• Peasant
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2011, 11:48:50 am »
I fire into melee all the time, and rarely hit a teammate.  Just requires a bit of caution and studying movements for about 2 seconds before shooting.  I have TK'd once with an arrow.  Once.

Offline B3RS3RK

• Earl
  • Renown: 377
  • Infamy: 103
  • cRPG Player
  • Sexy and I know it.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Saracen_Berserkaziz_Amir
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2011, 01:59:53 pm »
Well, I have to admit that I fire into melee occasionally, especially if the advántage is on the enemys side.I try to stunlock the enemy guy(s) so my Teammate(s) can kill them.I´d say out of 10 arrows I fire into p melee, 5 miss, 4 hit the enemy and 1 hits a teammate.The Thing is now: The 4 hits I get on the enemy can be round-deciding.For example if 2 enemy shielders, which are almost the complete remaining enemy team, fight a Polearm guy from my team which is the last melee guy and I do hit them in the foot or the back some times the Polearm guy is able to kill them and we win.

So, when I think it´s worth firing into melee, I´ll do it.I wouldn´t fire into a 4 of us against 1 of them fight at the start of a round, though.
Maybe it woud be better for me to find out where you life and kill you when you are satch a Soziopath. You have enough now.
"I don´t believe in anything, I´m just here for the violence."

Offline Bothersome_Aldryk

• Baron
  • Renown: 124
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2011, 02:13:37 pm »
There's primarily one consideration to follow when considering shooting into melee. Is your teammate winning? Then why in hell's name would you shoot, you stat padder. Is your teammate losing? Might as well, it might save his ass. There we go, done. A simple set of rules for shooting into melee. The same thing applies to groups, but is a bit more complicated.

Offline Nemeth

• Knight
  • Renown: 34
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Nemeth
  • IRC nick: Nemeth
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2011, 02:27:25 pm »
Well, most of the times you cant really say who is winning the fight, unless it's 2-3 vs 1. Pretty much all of 1vs1 fights are decided by single mistake. But yeah, when I see 5 vs 1 in our favor, I'm not shooting into that, unless the remaining enemy starts running away. Also, whenever I shoot into melee, I make sure that I either hit the enemy or noone, which can be easily done by mentioned observing the fight for 2-3 seconds.
I teamkilled 3 times, two of those were long distance shots into clusterfuck of 3-4 enemies and 1 of our melee, where I was so lucky to headshot our guy. The last one was just my sheer stupidity. Otherwise I shot a teammate maybe 5 times in my entire career as archer.

Offline SalmonGod

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2011, 02:28:17 pm »
There's primarily one consideration to follow when considering shooting into melee. Is your teammate winning? Then why in hell's name would you shoot, you stat padder. Is your teammate losing? Might as well, it might save his ass. There we go, done. A simple set of rules for shooting into melee. The same thing applies to groups, but is a bit more complicated.

I think this is bad advice.  There is no way to judge who is in the process of winning or losing in a game where people die in one or two hits, fights often involve more than two people, and ranged hits are as deadly as they are.  Especially in the current state of the game where things have been capped and people are more equal in equipment and levels.  In the time it takes you to carefully judge if your teammate is needs help, you may have already failed him or failed to notice a threat incoming on yourself, and you've wasted time you could have been taking to line up a decently safe shot into melee.

There is dead and not dead.  You see an enemy, you shoot him, until a higher priority target is recognized.  The only exceptions to this are when you see teammates outnumbering an opponent 3:1 or more.  Even then, you take a shot if you can safely get it so long as there are no other available targets.

Offline Deathwind

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Anarcho-syndicalism
  • Game nicks: Deathwind, Morsventus, Zelos
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2011, 03:46:41 pm »
The only time I shoot into a "melee battle" is when the foe is backpedaling predictably, the parties of the fight are not skilled at footwork and stagnant in their sides, or if I can assure a clear shot of the foe. Sometimes, I shoot sporadically and do indeed hit teammates, but hey, I don't take the game seriously all the time.

Offline vile

• Noble
  • Renown: 14
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2011, 04:14:37 pm »
I dont mind the archers on my own team its the ones on the other side that make me qq

Offline Ninja_Totoro

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2011, 04:35:25 pm »
Totoro you should first learn......understand the basics of smart......tactical........teamplay..............More than once when I was present with my low level alts we lost the round because of your incredible stupidity/ selfishness.

As I said, happened more than once, you were doing your Ninja thing, running around the map, so you stayed alive till the end of the round, you and 2 archers in our team left, 1 2h in the other team.

A smart guy would have stayed back, guarded the archers, and let them do their thing, and we would have won the round.

What did you do? Charge, fail, and die.

And after the other guy was done with you, he killed the remaining archers.

So yeah, you deserve being shot because you suck.

And who the fuck are you?

I am a 1h/Hus medium armour, I never have problem with archers FF or other wise. I get FF in melee 1 out of 20 times and maybe die from every 20 ff, not a problem. I get killed by 2h spammers so much becouse I am a dancer and they want their fucking fraggs after I have hit the enemy 3-4 times blam hit in the back by a spammer and then killed by the enemy or TK.

If you bitch about ranged your most likley very bad at dodging or you think your Baldr... the god that is, quit whining about archers they do alot more good then bad imho. Archers cant really 1 hit you unless you wear paper armour and if you do then that is your fault, buy heavier armour or why not a shield.

Its 5.50 in the morning and im very tired, and I have to go to work; please stop the archer whine threads or I will be forced to quit my job and grind a super duper lvl 45 oneshot my old friendarcher just to kill all the whiners and then you will have something to really whine about.. oh god its 5.50 im late and now im gonna get fired...

...Well i warned you.

Im not whining about archers im telling them not to tk me with a stray arrow in the back?
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 04:37:18 pm by Ninja_Totoro »

Offline Deathwind

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2011, 04:46:11 pm »
If it's a stray arrow, then it was not intentional at all. That kind of stuff happens. I get TK'd most by melee team mates than ranged team mates.

Offline Ninja_Totoro

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2011, 04:51:56 pm »
If it's a stray arrow, then it was not intentional at all. That kind of stuff happens. I get TK'd most by melee team mates than ranged team mates.

Define stray. I class every arrow that misses as stray.

Offline Deathwind

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2011, 04:59:30 pm »
Stray as in, every arrows that misses the intended target.

Offline Ninja_Totoro

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2011, 05:10:08 pm »
Stray as in, every arrows that misses the intended target.

So if my crosshair is 1cm big and i aim at a enemy, then a teammate is whirling around said enemy obviously winning the duel, are you gonna shoot at the enemy and say it was stray when it hits your teamate in the face?

Offline Deathwind

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2011, 05:12:22 pm »
So if my crosshair is 1cm big and i aim at a enemy, then a teammate is whirling around said enemy obviously winning the duel, are you gonna shoot at the enemy and say it was stray when it hits your teamate in the face?
The only time I shoot into a "melee battle" is when the foe is backpedaling predictably, the parties of the fight are not skilled at footwork and stagnant in their sides, or if I can assure a clear shot of the foe.

Offline Ninja_Totoro

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2011, 05:19:56 pm »
The only time I shoot into a "melee battle" is when the foe is backpedaling predictably, the parties of the fight are not skilled at footwork and stagnant in their sides, or if I can assure a clear shot of the foe.

In that case your part of a minority, most archers/xbowmen/throwers i see just spam their respective projectiles into 1vs1's when their teammate is obviously winning.