Author Topic: Good players supposed to be rewarded?  (Read 4937 times)

Offline Chasab

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Good players supposed to be rewarded?
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2011, 10:32:44 pm »
Q_Q some more about gold/xp gains. So many butthurt babies that can't face roll an entire team in the best gear. The playing field is a bit more even now.

Your reward for killing people is seeing your name higher up on the scoreboard.

except that its not. While i dont full agree with the OP, i will say that banner balance does the exact opposite of balancing teams. 9/10 times the clan that owns the server(and as such has the most members on) is going to be the team that wins 75% of the rounds.

so in short, join a clan. I did i have not had a chance to really play with my new team as of yet, but the anticipation of being with a tight knit group to work out team based strategies is exciting.

In regards to the OP reponse to my response, you need to be more of a leader, once people get past you guys to the flag everyone needs to fall back to the flag and begin to push out from there. Lead more, Cry less.

also my gear is tourny armor, sword and board. once my multiplier hits 3+ i switch to my heraldic plate.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Chrothor

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2011, 10:33:11 pm »
I don't think how many people you kill necessarily means your going to win or do well. [...]

Exactly. That's why players shouldn't be rewarded according to kills.
Besides, doing that will only push everyone to rush blindy on peasants, and then you'll bid farewell to any tactics.

The best way to reward good players IMO would be according to DAMAGE done, not kills. That way you'd gain something for assists, even if the team loses at the end.

Sadly, it appears to be a bit tricky with the actual game engine, so we'll have to endure several kludgy attempts at appropriate rewards, until something good is found.

Waiting for that, just concentrate on staying a good player, hone your skills, and assist the team, notwithstanding the general level. It will pay someday :)

PS : oh, and enjoy the game.

« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 10:35:09 pm by Chrothor »

Offline StanleyPain

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: (>'.'<)(*)(*)(¯`·._) LLJK (¯`·._) (*)(*) (>'.'<)
« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2011, 10:34:08 pm »
Yeah because my 2k armour is equal to my plate that is collecting dust not being worn. (I use 1h / shield too!)

Honestly please read what has been posted before writing something, I am getting so tired of %&$^*%$ R#T@RD#D children like you.

And I'm sick of retarded children like you crying on about shit without actually saying anything of worth or even having a half way valid argument. The game mechanics have changed move on or find another game. I think a large chunk of the population actually enjoys these changes.

Offline StanleyPain

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2011, 10:37:00 pm »
except that its not. While i dont full agree with the OP, i will say that banner balance does the exact opposite of balancing teams. 9/10 times the clan that owns the server(and as such has the most members on) is going to be the team that wins 75% of the rounds.

Banner balance is another topic entirely and not within the context of this thread :). There are other servers out there where balance is a bit more fair when ATS decide to team stack against the general consensus from online gamers everywhere that it's a gay thing to do ;)

Offline Konrax

• Count
  • Renown: 281
  • Infamy: 107
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Konrax of Chaos
« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2011, 10:40:03 pm »
And I'm sick of retarded children like you crying on about shit without actually saying anything of worth or even having a half way valid argument. The game mechanics have changed move on or find another game. I think a large chunk of the population actually enjoys these changes.

Broken game mechanic, chadz please fix it. (Or not appropriate reward system)

Not up to me to say what it should be.

Now go join Lady GAGA in the hall of shame.

Offline StanleyPain

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2011, 10:45:06 pm »
Here's the deal, chadz made these changes for a reason. Again learn to live with it or move, or come back with a valid argument as to why the old way was better.

Offline Konrax

• Count
  • Renown: 281
  • Infamy: 107
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Konrax of Chaos
« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2011, 10:50:27 pm »
I never said the old way was better.

I believe that chadz originally said that the way the upkeep system worked was that players who are skilled and exceptional would be able to afford higher end gear compared to the general public. My experience has been that due to the auto balance system this is not the case at all and that despite me being the highest k/d player on the server AND working with my team to try and win I find that more often than not I am on the losing team and NOT due to a lack of my own skills.

Now I could have just equipped my plate armour and stayed alive 5x longer and killed the whole other team and won the round but being at a 1x multiplier I would just be wasting my gold.

Offline StanleyPain

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2011, 11:01:30 pm »
I'll agree, the autobalancer can be a cruel mistress at times. It does even out in the long run. Some days it seems like I'll always be on the losing team, other times I'll be @ x5 across several maps. My whole point is that having a reward based on your kills would be silly and would undo the reason for the upkeep/xp/gold changes in the first place.

Offline Sphinxer

• Knight
  • Renown: 53
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: _Sphinx_
« Reply #38 on: January 17, 2011, 11:06:05 pm »
Exactly. That's why players shouldn't be rewarded according to kills.
Besides, doing that will only push everyone to rush blindy on peasants, and then you'll bid farewell to any tactics.

People already rush for the peasant as there's no point dying trying to pick on a good player. They only  care about the K:D ratio now and peasants are more hunted than ever ... it sucks for the new guy who's aimed first because he's new and doesn,t have any gear. If it would be a better reward to pick on higher levels, fights would be more interesting than the guy who stops fighting another good player because he saw an easy peasant around and it's just a free kill, instead of risking to die against that good player... that's how I see it.

And yeah , banner balance makes clan finally be able to play together, which makes better fights, even though when you're NA it's mostly everyone vs ATS or BRD. But that's an other topic...

Offline Diomedes

• Count
  • Renown: 200
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
  • Cat
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Sootnik_Diomedes
« Reply #39 on: January 17, 2011, 11:17:59 pm »
What about giving some gold on the basis of the level of the players you kill?  Level 30: 30 gold.  Level 5: 5 gold.  If there's room for more complexity there could be gold based on deceased player levels which is proportionately distributed based on who did what amount of damage.  Seems fair to me but perhaps it's too complex.

Offline IG_Saint

• Count
  • Renown: 196
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: IG
« Reply #40 on: January 17, 2011, 11:22:45 pm »
I would like to see some kind of system that rewards player skill, instead of only team skill. The problem with only rewarding team skill is that the player often doesn't have that much control over it, because of the autobalance. And because it's out of my hands I don't get the same sense of achievement that I used to get after a good round. And then there's the bitch slap that you sometimes get when after a good round, all your equipment breaks. It just feels like the game punishing me for doing well.

Anyway like I said, I'd like to see some more rewards for player skill. Honestly a couple of gold and a bit of xp would be fine. Make it be unaffected by the multiplier and make it so only equal level or higher lvl kills give the reward. There fixed the peasant hunting problem, not that hard..

What about giving some gold on the basis of the level of the players you kill?  Level 30: 30 gold.  Level 5: 5 gold.  If there's room for more complexity there could be gold based on deceased player levels which is proportionately distributed based on who did what amount of damage.  Seems fair to me but perhaps it's too complex.

This would be even beter, team did 10000 damage, you did 1000, so you get 10% of the reward (which is then based on the levels and gear of the enemy team or something).
« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 11:26:47 pm by IG_Saint »

Offline ThePoopy

• Earl
  • Renown: 411
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • .l..
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Templar
  • Game nicks: PolePoop
« Reply #41 on: January 17, 2011, 11:27:46 pm »
the thing isnt about money, the thing is that ppl that get dubble as much k/d as second most ALLWAYS get teamswitched, even switched from clanmates

Offline Ninja_Totoro

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 17, 2011, 11:33:09 pm »
Equipment (x) times Level (y) divided by 10000

20k worth of gear, Level 30, means 60 gold on kill.
No exp gain. This encourages people to attack higher level and tank like characters rather than focus peasants to get k/d

Offline ThePoopy

• Earl
  • Renown: 411
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • .l..
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Templar
  • Game nicks: PolePoop
« Reply #43 on: January 17, 2011, 11:35:02 pm »
that would turn this into a headhunt, no care about win or loose

Offline Ninja_Totoro

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 17, 2011, 11:38:44 pm »
that would turn this into a headhunt, no care about win or loose

Perhaps if the multiplier got involved? At x5 you would get the full 60, slowly declining with your multiplier?