Author Topic: Good players supposed to be rewarded?  (Read 4955 times)

Offline Konrax

• Count
  • Renown: 281
  • Infamy: 107
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Konrax of Chaos
Re: Good players supposed to be rewarded?
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2011, 08:19:07 pm »
So when I am standing at the flag defending it and 14 enemies break through my team and run at me I have to kill them all by myself?

Offline ManOfWar

• Count
  • Renown: 243
  • Infamy: 36
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • No crutches at all!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnants
  • Game nicks: Remnant_ManOfWar (Formerly Takeda)
  • IRC nick: ManOfWar
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2011, 08:21:01 pm »
Ya really, im good but these days its harder to one man army the round, especially since people know me and go spear/pike spam on me :(
Just a soldier

Offline Nemeth

• Knight
  • Renown: 34
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Nemeth
  • IRC nick: Nemeth
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2011, 08:25:53 pm »
Don't play Siege, play Battle, if you think your KDR should represent your multiplier.

Offline Konrax

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2011, 09:14:32 pm »
I am usually one of the top players on battle servers as well.

I just enjoy the siege servers so I play on them.

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2011, 09:19:50 pm »
Doesn't sound like joy to me.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?

Offline Chasab

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2011, 09:47:06 pm »
So when I am standing at the flag defending it and 14 enemies break through my team and run at me I have to kill them all by myself?

if you are so good you should be at the front line of the defense taking pressure off your team, instead of hanging back hoping for some easy  clean up.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Kalam

• Duke
  • Renown: 697
  • Infamy: 163
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Never do an enemy a small injury.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Linebreakers
  • Game nicks: Cavalieres_Midnighter, Dunsparrow
  • IRC nick: Kalam
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2011, 09:54:37 pm »
Here's the thing: the age of the one-man army is over. With the arrival of banner balance and multipliers based on win/loss, teamwork is supreme. No matter how great you are, you're not going to guarantee wins if your team doesn't organize themselves or let you organize them. Which is why I go back to my initial reply: join a clan. You'll find that with an organized group on voice chat, you can generally guarantee more wins and a constant high multiplier.

Offline Konrax

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2011, 10:02:23 pm »
if you are so good you should be at the front line of the defense taking pressure off your team, instead of hanging back hoping for some easy  clean up.

Wow really?

I am at the front keeping the pressure off until 2 or 3 get past my and the rest of my team fails to kill them. Then I fall back to the flag, kill those people that got past, turn around and see the rest of the other team coming for the flag.

Honestly do you have something real to contribute to my post?

Offline duurrr

• Knight
  • Renown: 65
  • Infamy: 97
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: kekeeke
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2011, 10:07:20 pm »
something like 5 gold for killing someone around the same level as you would be awesome

when they're 10 levels lower you dont get anything, 9-8 level lower you get 1 golds, 7-6 level lower you get 2 golds, etc

Offline Konrax

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2011, 10:11:41 pm »
I don't think how many people you kill necessarily means your going to win or do well. However the auto balance seems to greatly consider the k/d ratio when determining teams.

I personally would like to see a scalable xp/gold system based more on character level and maybe k/d ratio COMBINED with a winning team multiplier.

Instead of everyone getting the same thing. Not sure how possible a system like that would be though.

Offline Sphinxer

• Knight
  • Renown: 53
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: _Sphinx_
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2011, 10:22:59 pm »
I gotta fully agree with him ...

You have that peasant doing nothing except dying in the winning team and gets x5 while on the other side, you have a few good players trying to make their team win and they are stuck with a x1 with no bonus per kill. Multiplier should go up with your killing spree + winning a round (basic multiplier + killing spree). That way if you keep losing but have a descend kill ratio , for a minute or so in the round you might have went up to x3 or x4 which is better than staying at 1. So the guy in your team doing nothing but hiding in a stupid hut or in spawn won't level as fast as you do because you're doing a good job , which makes things fair imo.

Why not leveling a character to 31 while staying naked the whole time ? You don't have to fight, you get a very bad K:D ratio so you're switched to the winning team and get more often a x3+ multiplier, you don't have any upkeep so you farm gold like crazy, and you actually can reach lvl 31 before someone who's playing a lot, tries his best to be useful and have a descent K:D ratio.

Bring back the old system where campers weren't getting anything for camping and people killing were getting what they deserved ...

Offline Sphinxer

• Knight
  • Renown: 53
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: _Sphinx_
« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2011, 10:24:41 pm »
something like 5 gold for killing someone around the same level as you would be awesome

when they're 10 levels lower you dont get anything, 9-8 level lower you get 1 golds, 7-6 level lower you get 2 golds, etc

I already talked with chadz about it and he wasn't for it at all, saying it was like that before and he doesn't wanna go back to that reward system (which in imo was the most fair system possible)

If you're lvl 10 and kill a lvl 30 , you should get more XP than right now, where a peasant camp spawn with his x5 and you,re fighting to make your team win and even with kills you still make less than him...

Offline StanleyPain

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: (>'.'<)(*)(*)(¯`·._) LLJK (¯`·._) (*)(*) (>'.'<)
« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2011, 10:26:24 pm »
Q_Q some more about gold/xp gains. So many butthurt babies that can't face roll an entire team in the best gear. The playing field is a bit more even now.

Your reward for killing people is seeing your name higher up on the scoreboard.

Offline StanleyPain

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: (>'.'<)(*)(*)(¯`·._) LLJK (¯`·._) (*)(*) (>'.'<)
« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2011, 10:28:16 pm »
I already talked with chadz about it and he wasn't for it at all, saying it was like that before and he doesn't wanna go back to that reward system (which in imo was the most fair system possible)

If you're lvl 10 and kill a lvl 30 , you should get more XP than right now, where a peasant camp spawn with his x5 and you,re fighting to make your team win and even with kills you still make less than him...

Of course he'll have none of it, xp/gold gain + upkeep have made the game fun again, and allowed skill/teamplay to play a bigger role in the field vs. gear trumping everything.

Offline Konrax

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2011, 10:31:14 pm »
Q_Q some more about gold/xp gains. So many butthurt babies that can't face roll an entire team in the best gear. The playing field is a bit more even now.

Your reward for killing people is seeing your name higher up on the scoreboard.

Yeah because my 2k armour is equal to my plate that is collecting dust not being worn. (I use 1h / shield too!)

Honestly please read what has been posted before writing something, I am getting so tired of %&$^*%$ R#T@RD#D children like you.