Author Topic: why is range so good  (Read 5914 times)

Offline Radix

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
  • I blind my enemies with pure awesomenes
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Radox_II
Re: why is range so good
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2011, 03:59:24 pm »
This is basically the learn2play checklist ;) I like it.

Seriously though, there are SO many players that will just run with a 2hander in straight line out in the open with no care for cover, or erratic movement. That's just asking to be shot because you're making yourself a VERY easy target.

totally agree. Some people dont even try to find a cover, change a direction of run from time to time, turn ur shield in the right direction or at least run with the whole team. They are not doing any of the survival tips and then they cry how they been shoot. I play xbow my self and find it hilarious when guy runs towards me in a straight line and expect me to miss, or an archer thad dont change his position long enough for me to snipe his head off. it is fairly common. those whining ppl are those who charge the enemy with their 5 other brainless mates when the rest of the team is taking the hill

Offline StanleyPain

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: (>'.'<)(*)(*)(¯`·._) LLJK (¯`·._) (*)(*) (>'.'<)
« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2011, 04:18:05 pm »
totally agree. Some people dont even try to find a cover, change a direction of run from time to time, turn ur shield in the right direction or at least run with the whole team. They are not doing any of the survival tips and then they cry how they been shoot. I play xbow my self and find it hilarious when guy runs towards me in a straight line and expect me to miss, or an archer thad dont change his position long enough for me to snipe his head off. it is fairly common. those whining ppl are those who charge the enemy with their 5 other brainless mates when the rest of the team is taking the hill

Yup.

I tend to play an "assault archer", meaning I like to move up with da boyz and fire into melee. That being said, I will disengage from whoever I'm currently shooting at to fire on 2handers running out in the open to penalize them for being so stupid :) I'm fairly certain other archers do the exact same thing

Offline AssPunisher

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2011, 04:29:11 pm »
Just make the arrows fly where you aim at. No silly auto aim pls. Will make archery that much chalenging and fun to play.

Offline 3ABP

• Knight
  • Renown: 34
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2011, 04:32:36 pm »
Team A = only archers.
Team B = melee team with shield and armor.

Team B rushing team A. Result - Team A dead.
It occur every time.

IF (!), of course, they will nor running by 5 mans for 1 little peasant to kill him for 4 of 6 minutes in round.
What give archers possibility to shoot'em from a side, from behind e.t.c.

[STR] Strangers Faction
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline StanleyPain

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2011, 04:38:48 pm »
Just make the arrows fly where you aim at. No silly auto aim pls. Will make archery that much chalenging and fun to play.

There's auto aim?  :?: :shock:

Offline Jambi

• Earl
  • Renown: 410
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player
  • Walks with God.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jambi
« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2011, 04:42:51 pm »

There's auto aim?  :?: :shock:

Yeah there is

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 04:48:42 pm by Jambi »
Love will tear us apart.
Also, most fucked up brain of the year award goes to jambi. Well done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cX9Cpuj4igk

Offline Trout4711

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
  • Game nicks: Too many. Fucking Alt-titis
« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2011, 04:45:16 pm »

You smoking some special ninja drugs  :?:

Offline Ashrik

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LOTS AND LOTS OF JOLLY KNIGHTS LOTS AND LOTS OF JO
  • Game nicks: LLJK_Ashraa
« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2011, 06:25:13 pm »
What is really confusing is that archery is less accurate now, but seems to have homing arrows so skill matters less. You can't dodge them as well anymore.
The hell are you talking about?
I am Uhtred_III_of_Bebbanbawler.

I answer to no man.

Offline Nemeth

• Knight
  • Renown: 34
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Nemeth
  • IRC nick: Nemeth
« Reply #38 on: January 17, 2011, 06:40:35 pm »
Team A = only archers.
Team B = melee team with shield and armor.

Team A sees armored shielders, scatters around the field and shoots team B into their back when they're blocking another archer = Team B gets kited and shot to death.
Saw that happen many times, unless those archers are brainless chickens and just wait for melee to come for them.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 06:41:45 pm by Nemeth »

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #39 on: January 17, 2011, 07:22:49 pm »
:rolleyes:
Sincerely, I tried to play archer i didn't go past lvl 10 as it was simply not fun for me. I was amazed how small the aiming reticule was, even as a low level archer.   

Bow need to be way more inaccurate at long range and a little at medium range, like it was just after the first patch.

Taken way out of context.  If he listed the full sentence it said they were 2/3rds one shot kills in that round because I was targeting lightly armored archers using a triple heirloomed warbow with double heirloomed bodkin arrows and 7 powerdraw.  Khergit bow use no one died in under 3 shots most needed more, I was doing a comparison with the tradeoff beign a higher rate of fire for khergit and actual accuracy, while the warbow tended to shank arrows and be inaccurate but when it hit it actually did damage.  And that 6-0 was partly because I actually played well with it and it was a bridge map where they had to clump together ina mass where the inaccuracy of the warbow counted for less.  Khergit bow feels more skillful and fun because inaccuracy forces you to spam which isnt fun, kind of like elegant poleaxe and flamberge users.  You should try it some time as Im sure you probably wont get many kills at all with the khergit because you actually have to be consistently accurate hitting targets 3-4 times even if lightly armored, they are actively moving and shifting direction (unless really stupid), and all they need to do is swing their hammer/greatsword/polaxe once at you and you die with 1 hit.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 07:24:24 pm by Keshian »
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline duurrr

• Knight
  • Renown: 65
  • Infamy: 97
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: kekeeke
« Reply #40 on: January 17, 2011, 10:01:28 pm »
and all they need to do is swing their hammer/greatsword/polaxe once at you and you die with 1 hit.
yea they just need to run all the way around the map to get close to you and hope that nobody is paying attention around you

melee so ez, right, yet you cant make a single block :wink:

tbh a melee only server would instantly balance the game instead of those shitty patches that just make things worse, i dunno why it hasnt happened yet + and archers could play themselves in their brokenness and happiness

Offline RandomDude

• Earl
  • Renown: 431
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • I play now! but I suck =(
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: RandomDude
  • IRC nick: RandomDude
« Reply #41 on: January 17, 2011, 10:09:11 pm »
Doesn that kind of prove the opposite point.  You have half the players there as archers and most of the kills are melee.  Archers are support troops disrupting enemy melee fighters to help their own melee fighters,  but they have been nerfed so much they rarely kill unless headshots.  As a melee fighter its kind of lame to expect that their should be absolutely no ranged so you can play a hack and fest (go play doom 1,2 or 3 or duke nukem and use the chainsaw) with no need for spatial awareness and team work to make sure youa r enot attacked form behind with arrows or by other enemy melee.  The chart toppers are even more consistently 2hers and polearmers so what else are you demanding that archers arrows somehow dont even disrupt your attack and somehow float through the air like soap bubbles as a pretty abckground?  Stop complaining and give an exact description of what exactly needs to be done (most likely not needed but at least it gives something constructive to counterargue rather than some vague "ranged is too good").

since the patch most of the times i go down is to ranged

i did invest in 2 pts for shield as i did before the big patch and for me it's just as sucky

when im wearing 50-60 body armour and have a decent amount of health and then die to an arrow in the chest and then see 2 more people die to the same archer in quick succession i think it's as bad as it used to be

when i have an amazing (for me) streak of rounds in siege or battle mode - literally kill 6 enemies solo at once and then kill 4 more to end the map at 60+ Kills and 10 or less deaths but then to see the top scorer in the other team is an archer with a similar score - every other player has 30 or less kills i think "wtf"

u cant say archery is a support class right now

Offline Radix

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
  • I blind my enemies with pure awesomenes
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Radox_II
« Reply #42 on: January 17, 2011, 10:24:59 pm »
since the patch most of the times i go down is to ranged

i did invest in 2 pts for shield as i did before the big patch and for me it's just as sucky

when im wearing 50-60 body armour and have a decent amount of health and then die to an arrow in the chest and then see 2 more people die to the same archer in quick succession i think it's as bad as it used to be

when i have an amazing (for me) streak of rounds in siege or battle mode - literally kill 6 enemies solo at once and then kill 4 more to end the map at 60+ Kills and 10 or less deaths but then to see the top scorer in the other team is an archer with a similar score - every other player has 30 or less kills i think "wtf"

u cant say archery is a support class right now

cose it comes down to a personal skill anyway, I play the weakest ranged now which is xbow yet still manage to get to the first 3 if map is xbow friendly

Offline StanleyPain

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 17, 2011, 10:43:35 pm »
i dunno why it hasnt happened yet + and archers could play themselves in their brokenness and happiness

Because it would be boring and unfun and no one would play on it except for a few melee fun boys who just OMG HATE TO BE SHOT AT RANGE NOOOOO..

substitute ranged for throwing in the bottom pic.

Offline duurrr

• Knight
  • Renown: 65
  • Infamy: 97
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: kekeeke
« Reply #44 on: January 17, 2011, 11:07:51 pm »
i never die to spammer so idk that feeling

i can actually like.. outplay people, not like you can understand that as an archer ;)

any idea how many 2v1+ ive won when i dont get shot slashed? lemme tell you, as many times as i fucked your mom son.

duurrrrimsofunnylolz