Author Topic: why is range so good  (Read 5928 times)

Offline duurrr

• Knight
  • Renown: 65
  • Infamy: 97
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: kekeeke
why is range so good
« on: January 16, 2011, 11:25:30 pm »
i thought this miracle patch was supposed to fix range spamming?

• thought wrong.

so should i just wait until i ding 31 and heirloom to an archer or should I wait for a patch that will revert the last one?

Offline Radix

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
  • I blind my enemies with pure awesomenes
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Radox_II
Re: why is range so good
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2011, 11:32:57 pm »
well, believe me, xbowing isnt sooooooo good anymore. Well I had similar problem with my heirlooming. I could heirloom heavy xbow, plate armor, war hammer or grosse messer. I came to the conclusion that it is worth the most to heirloom grosse messer cose no matter wht class I will play after heirloom I will always use 1h sword (not hammer cose there isnt so much plates around anymore so +1 for cutting dmg). I would suggest u to heirloom a weapon that u can use in most of ur builds.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 11:34:13 pm by Radix »

Offline duurrr

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2011, 11:37:34 pm »
well, believe me, xbowing isnt sooooooo good anymore. Well I had similar problem with my heirlooming. I could heirloom heavy xbow, plate armor, war hammer or grosse messer. I came to the conclusion that it is worth the most to heirloom grosse messer cose no matter wht class I will play after heirloom I will always use 1h sword (not hammer cose there isnt so much plates around anymore so +1 for cutting dmg). I would suggest u to heirloom a weapon that u can use in most of ur builds.
wat

i mean this
http://img1.imagilive.com/0111/gratzcrpgisretardednow.jpg
seriously?

Offline Nick_Larking

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2011, 12:53:25 am »
wat

i mean this
http://img1.imagilive.com/0111/gratzcrpgisretardednow.jpg
seriously?
*sees 7 out of 10kills being melee related.

Oh yeah darn archers are everywhere and kiling everyone!

Offline Lorn

• Knight
  • Renown: 27
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Lorn
  • IRC nick: Lorn
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2011, 01:18:55 am »

Better version of the picture:

(click to show/hide)

Not counting the tk there are 2 kills with range...so what is he talking about here?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Ishar

• Noble
  • Renown: 18
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Mr Shitgrin
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Ishar_III
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2011, 01:24:31 am »
I would suggest u to heirloom a weapon that u can use in most of ur builds.

Like a pack of stones!
"Also, thank you for reporting your own post." Mylet

Offline Radix

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
  • I blind my enemies with pure awesomenes
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Radox_II
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2011, 01:28:56 am »
Like a pack of stones!

or shoes or glves or dress options are infinite!

Offline Nemeth

• Knight
  • Renown: 34
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Nemeth
  • IRC nick: Nemeth
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2011, 01:46:48 am »

(click to show/hide)

Not counting the tk there are 2 kills with range...so what is he talking about here?

Maybe he's talking about the shitloads of archers in every server? About being stunned in every melee fight just to be finished of by the melee he's fighting? But why start another thread when there already is one with 20+ pages on this exact same topic?

Btw, that image proves nothing, I can make you the same screenshot where you would see 7 out of 10 kills being ranged. And just FYI, look at the right half of the pic.  If you tried to prove his point in range spamming, you couldn't have picked better.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 02:50:14 am by Nemeth »

Offline Memento_Mori

• Count
  • Renown: 187
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
  • I use these forums to hook up with hot ladies
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Memento_Mori, Sengo_Muramasa, Born_Of_Osiris,
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2011, 02:15:26 am »

(click to show/hide)

Open your eyes lol they are mostly archers all sitting there drawing arrows or shooting arrows or about to draw another arrow after having shot one LOL

best picture ever.

BTW I'm about to join in on the new FPS action, just started my archer today already level 20 have been steadily getting kills the whole way through, I can even play on EU servers because ping doesn't really matter when you're just shooting and moving left or right and shooting again.

I was thinking of going THROWING + BOW hybrid, but opt out for pure archer/laser sight & armor piercing rounds

Offline Jambi

• Earl
  • Renown: 410
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player
  • Walks with God.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jambi
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2011, 02:17:55 am »
Nah, archers suck... take me for example :rolleyes:
Love will tear us apart.
Also, most fucked up brain of the year award goes to jambi. Well done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cX9Cpuj4igk

Offline duurrr

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2011, 02:25:00 am »

(click to show/hide)

playing an archer apparently affects your IQ

nice.

Offline ShinySpoons

• Baron
  • Renown: 143
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: RS
  • Game nicks: AltOfSpoons
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2011, 02:44:00 am »
Lmao, a tiny knot of melee killing each other literally surrounded by archers. AwesomeXD

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2011, 02:53:52 am »
Doesn that kind of prove the opposite point.  You have half the players there as archers and most of the kills are melee.  Archers are support troops disrupting enemy melee fighters to help their own melee fighters,  but they have been nerfed so much they rarely kill unless headshots.  As a melee fighter its kind of lame to expect that their should be absolutely no ranged so you can play a hack and fest (go play doom 1,2 or 3 or duke nukem and use the chainsaw) with no need for spatial awareness and team work to make sure youa r enot attacked form behind with arrows or by other enemy melee.  The chart toppers are even more consistently 2hers and polearmers so what else are you demanding that archers arrows somehow dont even disrupt your attack and somehow float through the air like soap bubbles as a pretty abckground?  Stop complaining and give an exact description of what exactly needs to be done (most likely not needed but at least it gives something constructive to counterargue rather than some vague "ranged is too good").
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline ShinySpoons

• Baron
  • Renown: 143
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: RS
  • Game nicks: AltOfSpoons
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2011, 02:58:58 am »
But that's the point Kesh! Archery has been nerfed into mainly a support role but a large section of crpg players continue to play as an archer. The question is why?

Offline duurrr

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2011, 03:05:52 am »
Doesn that kind of prove the opposite point.  You have half the players there as archers and most of the kills are melee.  Archers are support troops disrupting enemy melee fighters to help their own melee fighters,  but they have been nerfed so much they rarely kill unless headshots.  As a melee fighter its kind of lame to expect that their should be absolutely no ranged so you can play a hack and fest (go play doom 1,2 or 3 or duke nukem and use the chainsaw) with no need for spatial awareness and team work to make sure youa r enot attacked form behind with arrows or by other enemy melee.  The chart toppers are even more consistently 2hers and polearmers so what else are you demanding that archers arrows somehow dont even disrupt your attack and somehow float through the air like soap bubbles as a pretty abckground?  Stop complaining and give an exact description of what exactly needs to be done (most likely not needed but at least it gives something constructive to counterargue rather than some vague "ranged is too good").
lol
i wanna play a game where skill matters, warband melee is amazing because it takes the most skill out of any game i ever played, archery ruins it because anybody whos bad at the game can play an archer and zerg down any player whos already fighting someone else.

i dont care what is done, just fucking nerf it, its annoying to get close to someone, pull out your shield and get insta shot by 6 different archers every fucking rounds.

a big damage reduction would be awesome, a speed nerf would help, an accuracy nerf would be terrible, making upkeep cost less could also indirectly help (melee focused with 5 IF getting 2 shotted is REALLY fun)

the thing i HATE about archery is the fact that any retard can point and shoot and kill anyone and they cant do shit about it unless they are an archer themselves. i hate everything that removes skill, i hated magic in darkfall, i hate archery in warband, i hate variance in poker, get it?
« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 03:07:06 am by duurrr »