Author Topic: Who is your favorite player?  (Read 56875 times)

Offline Grey

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 72
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
  • Hope you like arrows...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: -
Re: Who is your favorite player?
« Reply #255 on: August 05, 2011, 12:20:58 pm »
+1
nah Join the templars, Im the only archer in here thats plugging fools day in, day out. Needless to say, I catch a lot of shit in teamspeak from the boss, but everytime I get whined at I make myself a new cardboard medal of awesomeness and hang it round my neck :D

Honestly: Melee have more fun, more advantages and more kills, but without us archers to compare to and look down on, what would all melee players complain about? SOMEONE has to be the bad guy :D
Bamboo Bundle Bowman: 90'' draw, groups at 200 yards.

Offline Grey

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 72
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
  • Hope you like arrows...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: -
« Reply #256 on: August 05, 2011, 12:26:00 pm »
+3
Also I forgot to add on the topic of bows, you might be asking how the fuck do you know?

Well my dear readers, I use bows, but I can't use a Longbow, fucking thing is the same size as me :3 (we portuguese people are small) I use a traditional Magyar bow (yes I use a HA bow, yes I am ashamed >.>) and those things are powerfull, and there quite small...

Just saw this: Dude, cmon, I'm only 5foot 8, my longbow is bigger than me and stringing about gives me a hernia, but its all SO worth it. The sight of my arrows burying themselves 12" into the target makes the poop in my pants worth it. *If you have never fired a heavy bow you wont know, but sometims at full draw, the sheer tension in your hands and arms really does make you feel like your about to drop a duce in your pantalones*

None of that modern "archery" with servo assists and red dot aiming, thumb clip, reversed hand posture. Sure that takes practise too, but its as akin to actual archery as gunnery is to rifle fire.

Also, to all you chubbies out there (no offence to anyone, but SOME gamers can get a bit couch potato-y), archery is a great way to sculp your arms and back, an archer's back is slabs of rock once you are on bigboy bows *I should state: dont attempt to string or fire very heavy bows without a proffesional around if you dont have any experience, its very easy to hurt yourself at all stages of preparation, and even easier to give yourself permanent damage to your "bow" shoulder through improper form. I personally shoot the traditional english/welsh style, aiming by judgement, but the renaissance style is also very nice to practise, and looks better to observers, seeing as trad english/welsh looks like the archer is just leaning into his bow and firing without aiming at all.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 12:32:26 pm by Grey »
Bamboo Bundle Bowman: 90'' draw, groups at 200 yards.

Offline Riddaren

• Duke
  • Renown: 601
  • Infamy: 298
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Riddaren, Matthaus
« Reply #257 on: August 06, 2011, 01:57:38 pm »
Being on horse I naturally don't like ranged players. Specifically high damaging archers keeping me at a distance.
Actually, I got an offer for you:
(click to show/hide)

Grey
Inhumane
Tenne

Not gonna mention any names but I also like you cavalry guys who give me a good challange both 1 on 1 and score wise :)

Offline LordSnow

• Knight
  • Renown: 57
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Saracens
  • Game nicks: Snow
« Reply #258 on: August 06, 2011, 02:07:36 pm »
I can only like shielder, hate 2handers with their germ and danish sword, hate archers with 8 athletics who can only run as long as an invisible wall punch them in the face and my steel pick in their ass.

My fav Shielder players are :

Lolwen. Great player, even if i hate him and his personnality and that my only wish is to see him and his family burned into hell.

Akin, great cav/1h.

Ramses.

Renegat. (hope i'll see him back in his french talking family, tooking back his arbalest and barbutte)
Damn. It's snowing again.

Offline Fartface

• Earl
  • Renown: 476
  • Infamy: 288
  • cRPG Player
  • Centurii
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Deathcore,Djentcore,Deathmetal,Brutal,Slam
  • Game nicks: Growling,Grunting,Screaming,Squeeling
  • IRC nick: Fuck I love it.
« Reply #259 on: August 06, 2011, 05:40:50 pm »
+1
i like teh fish!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline H4rdn3ssKill3r

• Baron
  • Renown: 107
  • Infamy: 46
  • cRPG Player
  • Crummy Wizard
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: naaaaaaaaaah
« Reply #260 on: August 06, 2011, 05:58:11 pm »
+1
Just saw this: Dude, cmon, I'm only 5foot 8, my longbow is bigger than me and stringing about gives me a hernia, but its all SO worth it. The sight of my arrows burying themselves 12" into the target makes the poop in my pants worth it. *If you have never fired a heavy bow you wont know, but sometims at full draw, the sheer tension in your hands and arms really does make you feel like your about to drop a duce in your pantalones*

None of that modern "archery" with servo assists and red dot aiming, thumb clip, reversed hand posture. Sure that takes practise too, but its as akin to actual archery as gunnery is to rifle fire.

Also, to all you chubbies out there (no offence to anyone, but SOME gamers can get a bit couch potato-y), archery is a great way to sculp your arms and back, an archer's back is slabs of rock once you are on bigboy bows *I should state: dont attempt to string or fire very heavy bows without a proffesional around if you dont have any experience, its very easy to hurt yourself at all stages of preparation, and even easier to give yourself permanent damage to your "bow" shoulder through improper form. I personally shoot the traditional english/welsh style, aiming by judgement, but the renaissance style is also very nice to practise, and looks better to observers, seeing as trad english/welsh looks like the archer is just leaning into his bow and firing without aiming at all.

I'm 5 foot 5 :S

I'm still thinking of getting a Compound bow... that will be fun!
f8uasdlöadk blablablababa lbalba
^ Analogy of discussions on forums.

Offline Timotheusthereal

• Noble
  • Renown: 16
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
  • Hey there, oh tharr!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Ser_Timotheus_Brune
« Reply #261 on: August 06, 2011, 10:15:22 pm »
+1
I like some few...

Offline Magikarp

• Baron
  • Renown: 130
  • Infamy: 87
  • cRPG Player
  • Gotta splash em all!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merciless
  • Game nicks: Magikarp ; Merciless_Charlemagne
  • IRC nick: Magikarp
« Reply #262 on: August 06, 2011, 10:20:04 pm »
+1
i like teh fish!
Yay at least someone likes Zeh Fish!
Don't mind the fish.

Offline Prosed

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
  • Raawr
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Prosed
« Reply #263 on: August 06, 2011, 10:22:52 pm »
+1

We do. To eat it.
I just can't wait to be King.

Offline Kaelaen

• Count
  • Renown: 163
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
  • Peasant
    • View Profile
    • H2O Kaelaen's Youtube Videos
  • Faction: Blandiloquent Rampallion Deutereagonists (BRD)
  • Game nicks: Kaelaen_BRD
  • IRC nick: Kaelaen
« Reply #264 on: August 06, 2011, 10:31:06 pm »
+2

-idlewind

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: August 07, 2011, 01:11:46 am »
I need to remember to single you out and add you to my list of "preferred targets."

I knew you would say that, yet I don't understand. I don't like making others suffer. Maybe it's an archer mindset.

Offline Templar_Ratigan

• Count
  • Renown: 183
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: August 07, 2011, 10:30:02 am »

I knew you would say that, yet I don't understand. I don't like making others suffer. Maybe it's an archer mindset.

I think the point is that ranged people, archers in this case, arent setting out to make you suffer, you are making yourself suffer by getting annoyed in the first place.

A lot of archers come off that way because they often take a lot of shit off people in game, almost continually in fact and I can imagine, in fact I know, it get's old very fast at which point they throw in the towel go 'balls to it' and decide that if you get annoyed then 'so be it and as a revenge for all the shit I take I will now take advantage of your sensitivity by targeting you more, just to watch you squirm.'.

Or something to that effect..... :)
« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 10:33:37 am by Templar_Ratigan »
He reached for his pants and grabbed the cheese, missing the bees whose honey he needs.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #267 on: August 07, 2011, 06:13:53 pm »
I think the point is that ranged people, archers in this case, arent setting out to make you suffer, you are making yourself suffer by getting annoyed in the first place.

A lot of archers come off that way because they often take a lot of shit off people in game, almost continually in fact and I can imagine, in fact I know, it get's old very fast at which point they throw in the towel go 'balls to it' and decide that if you get annoyed then 'so be it and as a revenge for all the shit I take I will now take advantage of your sensitivity by targeting you more, just to watch you squirm.'.

Or something to that effect..... :)

Kinda sorta this.

In truth, I mainly only single out the people who say I should not force them to change their game play and hide in cover or grab a shield, and yet act like a massive hypocrite and the next words out of their mouths are "so you should stop using a bow" which makes ME have to change my game play...

I don't mind at all the people who dislike getting shot, like Kafein, who are at least polite about it. I only mind the other people who yell angrily for other people to change how they play the game because they are so self centered that their way is the best way and the only way.

So yeah, I take pleasure in mainly singling out and shooting the individuals who give me massive loads of grief for merely having a bow (though I haz a shield now! ^_^ YAY! I like shields...) which is a perfectly supported part of the game. In my not so humble opinion, if they don't want to get shot, how about they go play another game where getting shot is impossible? Yeah... No wait that makes sense, how dare I say it is fine to use a supported game mechanic?! Shame on me for wanting to have fun!

I must be one of the few (for I feel like it) who can play this game and not have a problem with anyone killing me in any way. Deliberate TKs are the only death that I consider EZ mode and cheap... If the enemy killed me, then considering I am playing a WAR game (not a dueling game) it is all fair. I may dislike dying to someone, but it is really my fault for allowing myself into that situation in the first place.

*shrugs*

TL:DR version:
I haz a bow an I pew pew pew and I dance dance dance!
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline _GTX_

• I <3 Shemaforash
  • Duke
  • Renown: 535
  • Infamy: 960
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • O===((:::::::::::::::>
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmarunionen
  • Game nicks: GTX
  • IRC nick: GTX
« Reply #268 on: August 07, 2011, 06:45:48 pm »
I can only like shielder, hate 2handers with their germ and danish sword, hate archers with 8 athletics who can only run as long as an invisible wall punch them in the face and my steel pick in their ass.

I use MW SoW, so im okay ? ;)

Offline Trippin

• Noble
  • Renown: 17
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: August 08, 2011, 06:00:01 am »
+6
It's really pathetic that you people actually enjoy watching other players. It's really funny how most of you play this game as your only game for months on end, play 10 hours a day, and still be terrible... enjoying watching other people be better than you. Sad how I can come back to Mount & Blade for an hour or two after months of not playing and still be by far the best player. kthx.