Author Topic: NA Servers - Game Admin applications OPEN  (Read 80960 times)

Offline Kaoklai

• Tournament Champion
  • Earl
  • Renown: 400
  • Infamy: 285
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Free Huey
    • View Profile
Re: NA Servers - Game Admin applications OPEN
« Reply #750 on: November 11, 2012, 10:51:42 pm »
gf Kao

Shine mad because I won't let him back into BlackRose even though he begged and offered to shave off his mustache to show his loyalty.

Free Huey Allers and Spook
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Smithy

• Earl
  • Renown: 459
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • immer Kameraden
    • View Profile
  • Faction: iK
  • Game nicks: iK_Smithy
« Reply #751 on: December 24, 2012, 12:30:45 am »
+1
Hullo,
Applying for administrator is something I did not even know was entirely possible until 15 (ish) minutes ago.  I've been an administrator on the NA 'Mount and Musket' and now 'Napoleonic Wars' servers for about a year now.  I play on NA2 (Siege) and NA1 (Battle) most days unless I'm busy with work or whatever.  I feel that the NA community either needs more admins, or needs admins to be more active / more attentive.  It seems as though I'm almost constantly being griefed, teamkilled or teamwounded intentionally, as well as many other players and being able to do something about it would be great.  I believe I'd be a decent administrator.. in my history in MM/NW I've always tried my best to be fair and unbiased, and people generally tell me I do a good job.  I understand the rules pretty well and am typically a relaxed person. 

TL;DR Version: I have experience, I think I'd do pretty well. 

Thanks for reading,

Stolz von Freiburg

Offline partyboy

• Earl
  • Renown: 477
  • Infamy: 133
  • cRPG Player
  • BRING BACK LADDERS
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GODQUEEN_PARTYGIRL_OF_BIRD
« Reply #752 on: December 28, 2012, 07:52:39 am »
+6
am I admin yet
Subject displays signs of antisocial behaviour

Offline Artyem

• King
  • Renown: 1218
  • Infamy: 264
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • SODOM Shaman
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul / Raven / SODOMY
  • Game nicks: Artyem
« Reply #753 on: January 08, 2013, 06:44:00 am »
+4
Hello friends, enemies and everyone who calls me Dracul,

I've been playing this mod for nearly two and a half years, and have never had the desire to even attempt to apply for administrative powers.  However, it is only today after a week of trying to rekindle my love for this game that I've decided to throw my name into the hat of selection.

I want to help this community return to what it once was, the current abrasive approach most older players bring to table doesn't help expansion of our servers.  I've seen many a new player leave this mod after giving it only a trial of a day or two, what is the cause for this?  The answer is relatively simple: the rude, unfriendly, frustrating public that seems to outright refuse to help new players.  I know how confusing this mod can be to new players, it was even worse for players of my generation (30 minute resets, only EU server, you had to change text files to make a character / play an alt).  I despise injustice, biased decisions and inequality, I would love to assist in the regulation of the North American official servers. I would also love to help the appearance of the community for new players with the hope that we can help freshen up the already staling, aging, angry old man of a player base.

To whoever reviews this (Shik), I hope whatever differences we have can be bygones.  As cheesy as this post seems, I am being serious, I miss the friendliness that this game used to hold and I wish we could bring it back.

EDIT:

I should probably include that I'm not unfamiliar with being a moderator, I've never really applied for the position and outside of my own servers I've hardly touched being an admin for Warband, as I've never really found it necessary.

-Artyem
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 06:52:51 am by Artyem »

Sordida asinum latronibus sumus

Offline Jesse

• Knight
  • Renown: 28
  • Infamy: 1
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Kuyak_Hero,Rainb0w, Adelade.
« Reply #754 on: January 14, 2013, 05:35:27 am »
-Extensive administrative experience (PW RP servers, Garrysmod, Minecraft, several other social games)
-Large amount of freetime
-Unbiased view of the community
Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted.

Offline FrugFrug

• Earl
  • Renown: 493
  • Infamy: 59
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: MB Mascot
  • Game nicks: FrugFrug Owl_Beard
« Reply #755 on: January 14, 2013, 05:59:45 am »
-Unbiased view of the community

Lies, you're in the Frug Fan Club.

Offline Jesse

• Knight
  • Renown: 28
  • Infamy: 1
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Kuyak_Hero,Rainb0w, Adelade.
« Reply #756 on: January 14, 2013, 07:26:38 am »
Lies, you're in the Frug Fan Club.
Who isn't a frug fan at heart?
Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted.

Offline FrugFrug

• Earl
  • Renown: 493
  • Infamy: 59
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: MB Mascot
  • Game nicks: FrugFrug Owl_Beard
« Reply #757 on: January 14, 2013, 07:35:21 am »
+1
Kaoklai.

Offline Maple_Syrup

• Count
  • Renown: 150
  • Infamy: 9
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Murder Boners
  • Game nicks: Captain_Canada Maple_Syrup_MB
« Reply #758 on: January 18, 2013, 04:00:46 am »
+13
Hello, I am applying for the role of NA admin on the battle and siege servers (NA 1 and 2)
I have been a member of the mount and blade community for about 1 year most prominently in the MM/NW mods and am currently an official admin in Napoleanic wars as well as admin on a couple of other smaller NW servers. I believe I would be a good admin as I am very unbiased to the point one can expect of an admin and I have a good grasp of the rules. A bit about me is im from Ontario Canada, my favourite food is pizza and im 17 years old. I have tons of free time currently and will continue to in the relatively close future

Anyways I would love consideration for administration,

Thanks
Captain_Canada/Maple_Syrup

Offline Blackzilla

• Earl
  • Renown: 451
  • Infamy: 108
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FIDLGB(strat/crpg),Dracul(Friends)
  • Game nicks: Blackzilla_FIDLGB, Helios The Shiny
  • IRC nick: Blackzilla
« Reply #759 on: January 18, 2013, 04:03:51 am »

Stolz von Freiburg
I always get caught staring at this gif.

Offline Ostulor

• Count
  • Renown: 152
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: January 18, 2013, 05:30:46 am »
+10
Well, I'm gonna go ahead and throw an app in here.

I've been playing cRPG pretty much nonstop for the past few months, I average around 4-6 hours on weekdays, and that includes odd times around 2-6 AM. I tend to play a mix of battle and siege, leaning towards battle though. I also frequent the duel server, if someone's destroying siege equipment I could help out. I'm pretty level-headed when it comes to playing video games, even the luckiest headshot has trouble getting me to rage. As far as bias goes, I'd say it's vital that an administrator operates impartially, so I'd deliver punishment to friends and strangers alike. I've been an admin on numerous Persistent World and Native servers, I've got a good grasp on how being an admin can suck up a large portion of my playing time. As an admin, I don't tend to take action unless someone's blatantly breaking the rules or if green chat is filling up with complaints. I like to think most cRPG players only need a warning to get inline, kicks and bans are reserved for repeat offenders.

Thanks for reading.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 07:31:06 pm by What. »
<18:48:55> "Rhaelys": just think of using chopsticks as the utensil equivalent of caressing someone's hair

Offline Maple_Syrup

• Count
  • Renown: 150
  • Infamy: 9
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Murder Boners
  • Game nicks: Captain_Canada Maple_Syrup_MB
« Reply #761 on: January 18, 2013, 06:45:04 am »
+1 For ostulor^

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #762 on: January 18, 2013, 08:04:33 am »
Ostulor is a pretty chill guy, +1 for him.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Alexander_TheGreat_

• Count
  • Renown: 258
  • Infamy: 194
  • cRPG Player
  • Please, its just a Phase in my life
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmar(F)union
« Reply #763 on: January 18, 2013, 08:09:33 am »
+1
I would like to become an Admin for the new NA servers for multiple reasons, and in no particular order:

While I was an Admin on the Acre server, I kept the place troll free and the incidents down to a minimum, yet never recieved a single complaint from how I handled things, neither from those I kicked/muted/Banned, nor from the owners. I feel that I should be able to continue that with the new servers.

I am not a "twitch/impulse" admin, and prefer to hand out the minimum level of control to solve a problem. If someone is merely flooding the chat with insults, I think a simple mute would suffice if a warning did not make them stop. Kicks would be handed out for frequently then bans, of which I believe should only be applied to actual problem cases.

While I have a reputation for being a bit of a troll on the forums, I have yet to grief on any server, and have yet to show up in any of the "Ban/Unban" sections of this forum. I do understand that the primary intent of this game is to have fun, and that fun should not come at the expense of others.

I have yet to develop any grudges against any clan or member of this community, which should help as a Game Administrator should be as impartial as possible.

I prefer to uphold not only the spirit of the law, but also how it is written and not "interpret" it to my liking. I follow the rules as they are presented, not as I would wish them to be. I care about the community.

I play often, multiple hours a day every day (besides a few saturdays). I should be able to maintain a proper presence.

Lastly, I would like to help contribute towards this community that has helped me relax on innumerable evenings, and this would be a nice way for me to "give back" as I understand that being a Game Admin is not a "perk" but rather an important responsibility.

PS: My favorite colour is purple.

-90 likes...really hahahaahah gotta be a record!
I never join a clan twice, I am the most loyal player ever
I am asian I am strong
I am a Kalmar for these 2 weeks
I am cute, I am sexy
I am Phase!

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #764 on: January 18, 2013, 08:35:13 am »
-90 likes...really hahahaahah gotta be a record!

If you look at the individual -1s, it was "forced" on via forum powers from an irate TBTB, so it does not really count =\. My actual record (As well as forum record overall) without tampering is... I think my "No" response to magic, which has almost 80 dislikes ^^

http://forum.meleegaming.com/realism-discussion/magic/

Second post, one of my proudest moments ^^
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.