Author Topic: NA Servers - Game Admin applications OPEN  (Read 80928 times)

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
Re: NA Servers - Game Admin applications OPEN
« Reply #255 on: October 13, 2011, 09:44:46 pm »
Other admins don't do this. I know that I spend a good 2/3 of my playing time in spec making sure rules are enforced.

Heh. I did this a lot back when I admined siege. only way to really get people.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #256 on: October 14, 2011, 12:02:53 am »
I admit that I only do that if there is only one other admin on, or if there is an active complaint. If there are a bunch of Admins on then I assume that there are enough to catch "random" events without speccing. :/

I should probably go spec more often.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Darkwulf

• Noble
  • Renown: 12
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
  • Crusader
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: October 14, 2011, 01:53:35 am »
It is really only needed when someone complains about a rule violation using I to talk to admins only.  The admin should then stop playing and watch the offender and the complaintant (for false complaints of course).  In my opinion this goes along with being an admin.  If they don't want to do this because they are too busy enjoying the game, then maybe they are not wanting to be an admin for the right reasons.  Just my opinion remember.

Recently I have been using I chat about team wounding.  One day I used it 3 times on the same guy and nothing was ever done, even tho i saw 3 admins using pink text talking about stuff that really is not important or stuff that should be in pink text.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 01:54:48 am by Darkwulf »

Offline Anwyl

• Baron
  • Renown: 144
  • Infamy: 66
  • cRPG Player
  • I liked cool avatars before they went mainstream.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Coy
  • IRC nick: Coy
« Reply #258 on: October 14, 2011, 02:41:53 am »
+5
It is really only needed when someone complains about a rule violation using I to talk to admins only.  The admin should then stop playing and watch the offender and the complaintant (for false complaints of course).  In my opinion this goes along with being an admin.

The problem with complaints is that they rarely repeat once reported. So speccing someone after the fact never results in anything. You have to catch it while it's happening.

If they don't want to do this because they are too busy enjoying the game, then maybe they are not wanting to be an admin for the right reasons.

This in my opinion is just blatant ignorance. Every admin I know on NA usually spends about a quarter of the time they are in game, checking chat logs, dealing with complains, or warning people through chat. Being an admin isn't as simple as you want to make it seem, and those that do it are giving up their free time to deal with jackasses while everyone else has fun. "I" chat is often (especially during peak hours) spammed by idiots and trolls trying to get people falsely kicked. Sifting through all the bullshit is neither enjoyable nor easy, and someone who belittles the admins currently active can expect no support from me in becoming an admin themselves.

Offline Darkkarma

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 106
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow your roll
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: DarkKarma
« Reply #259 on: October 14, 2011, 02:56:11 am »
+1
It is really only needed when someone complains about a rule violation using I to talk to admins only.  The admin should then stop playing and watch the offender and the complaintant (for false complaints of course).  In my opinion this goes along with being an admin.  If they don't want to do this because they are too busy enjoying the game, then maybe they are not wanting to be an admin for the right reasons.  Just my opinion remember.

Recently I have been using I chat about team wounding.  One day I used it 3 times on the same guy and nothing was ever done, even tho i saw 3 admins using pink text talking about stuff that really is not important or stuff that should be in pink text.

This is pretty much what I do when im on. If i'm getting complaints from an individual in admin speak, I join spectator at the beginning of the round and watch. That's pretty much the only way i've issued disciplinary action. I do a "first and only warning" policy, or will simply do a kick at the beginning of a round so that they can quickly jump back on in most cases. If they continue to do the behavior, then I start issuing bans, which fortunately stops most people. Even on the enxt day, if I see them doing the same shit again, I usually just go to a ban if I was the one that disciplined/warned them the previous day. Do you know which admins where doing this exactly? If so, i'd suggest putting it in the officer complaint forums. Having admins do nothing but turn it into a secret cool kids pink text club in game does nothing but turn this community's player base off in my opinion.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 02:59:28 am by Darkkarma »
This community hurts my brains, a lot.

Offline POOPHAMMER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 328
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • yes thats me irl
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Barabe
  • Game nicks: POOPHAMMER
« Reply #260 on: October 14, 2011, 06:54:48 am »
I admit that I only do that if there is only one other admin on, or if there is an active complaint. If there are a bunch of Admins on then I assume that there are enough to catch "random" events without speccing. :/

I should probably go spec more often.

I do it often when I see a known trouble maker is on when I connect. I sit there and watch them a few rounds before I join in the game. you would be surprised what you see them do when they think no admin is on.
Uther Pendragon: dont worry i wasnt planning on trusting you anyway

Offline Slamz

• Earl
  • Renown: 386
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Norse Horde
  • Game nicks: NH_Slamz
« Reply #261 on: October 14, 2011, 08:32:34 am »
I'd like to be an admin only if I was able to change/edit/develop map rotations.

I would definitely nominate Digglez to be the "Siege Map Rotation Supervisor".
Crush your enemies; see them driven before you; hear the lamentations of their women.
Norse Horde

Offline Huey Newton

• Duke
  • Renown: 555
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Huey_Newton
« Reply #262 on: October 14, 2011, 09:19:50 am »
+2
How do i get contacted about becoming admin
I've got the support of probably 100+ people in NA

Someone let me know
 :?

Offline POOPHAMMER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 328
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • yes thats me irl
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Barabe
  • Game nicks: POOPHAMMER
« Reply #263 on: October 14, 2011, 09:13:09 pm »
+1
How do i get contacted about becoming admin
I've got the support of probably 100+ people in NA

Someone let me know
 :?

grow a vagina and flaunt it around
Uther Pendragon: dont worry i wasnt planning on trusting you anyway

Offline Anwyl

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: October 14, 2011, 09:47:09 pm »

That usually works. Also you could talk to Shik on irc.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #265 on: October 15, 2011, 04:57:13 am »
+2

I don't suggest this, it has a terrible track record for success.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline kukufarikki

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 77
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lots and Lots of Jolly Knights
  • Game nicks: LLJK_EAZIO_CROSSBOTORE
  • IRC nick: papikkikikki
« Reply #266 on: October 15, 2011, 05:15:44 am »
That usually works. Also you could flirt with Shik on irc.

i know what you really mean

Quote from: Gildiss
I saw Tears and Shik put a bag over Goatee's kind innocent head and put him into the back of a FEMA truck! WAKE UP CRPG!

Offline Anwyl

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: October 15, 2011, 05:19:33 am »
i know what you really mean

So whenever I talk to someone who has a penis then it's flirting? Apparently I can't have friends with penises. Darn.

Offline Earthdforce

• Earl
  • Renown: 391
  • Infamy: 150
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Earth_Geodude_da_Defender, _RageThrower
  • IRC nick: Khalestimo#7613
« Reply #268 on: October 15, 2011, 05:20:40 am »
So whenever I talk to someone who has a penis then it's flirting? Apparently I can't have friends with penises. Darn.
See, if it were the other way around it'd be true :D

Offline kukufarikki

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 77
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lots and Lots of Jolly Knights
  • Game nicks: LLJK_EAZIO_CROSSBOTORE
  • IRC nick: papikkikikki
« Reply #269 on: October 15, 2011, 05:22:39 am »
+1
i am fair and just, no rule-breaker shall escape my hidden blade. make me an admin and you will not regret it whoever is deciding. as a professional human being i have experienced much, and have administrated several servers in various games throughout my internet career, such as in SA:MP, Garry's Mod, CS:S, and some other games that i'm forgetting. i am chill 8-) and my skin is as thick as black armor (i don't care when somebody insults me). i try not to sway decisions based on bias, and i don't really care about anyone here enough to let them break the rules. i know i have an idiotic name, truthful avatar, and a cool signature, but i am not mentally deficient. if people see me as a troll, everybody changes, just take a look at how POOPHAMMER acted before he was made an admin and now after he has had it for awhile. make me an admin.

Quote from: Gildiss
I saw Tears and Shik put a bag over Goatee's kind innocent head and put him into the back of a FEMA truck! WAKE UP CRPG!