Author Topic: NA Servers - Game Admin applications OPEN  (Read 80924 times)

Offline CtrlAltDe1337

• Knight
  • Renown: 31
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
  • Victoria aut mors
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ATS / Northern Empire
  • Game nicks: Kataphraktos, Muffins, CtrlAltDelete, Haleth
Re: NA Servers - Game Admin applications OPEN
« Reply #60 on: July 19, 2011, 05:42:58 pm »
All that I ask is....

Shik please research some of these applications before accepting them as admins.  Notice some of these applicants have been very unfair and some even abused their admin powers while active. 

Please do not forget that chadz is doing it this way for a reason.  Assigning every person that Ecko has had as an admin on his servers would defeat the whole reason why this is being done.  People like CtrlAltDelete should not be an admin on the official strategus servers for reasons I can private message you if you would like as to not derail the topic.  Though there are some really good admins on Ecko's servers like Rangerbob and Earthdforce.  In my opinion they would be good choices. 

Regardless, just please research your choices and do not make people admins just because they are on other servers.  I am an admin myself and I would like it if you gave other clans or single players that are not in clans a chance to mediate these battles.  Keep this as neutral as possible.

Looking forward to some fair strategus battles!
I'm sorry you are still butthurt over a ban (which we removed shortly anyway), but if you are attempting to smear my reputation I will be happy to set the record straight.  All Shik needs to do is ask.
Quote from: IRC
<abearirl>crtlaltdel shut up | you are the worst | sperglord | i hate you so much | if i could ban goatee or ban you | i'd ban you
<Wylker|work>man if i was locked in a bunker with einstein, stalin, and CtrlAltDelete and had a gun with only 2 bullets | I'd shoot CtrlAltDelete twice

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #61 on: July 19, 2011, 09:21:28 pm »
+7
Well, before people get into arguments about who did what and who can be trusted... I just want to point out that just because someone is an admin on ONE of the new servers, they wont necessarily be admin on the strategus server. I would suggest only having a very small number of very trustworthy admins for the Strat server...

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #62 on: July 19, 2011, 10:12:01 pm »
I just want to point out that just because someone is an admin on ONE of the new servers, they wont necessarily be admin on the strategus server.

Actually, they will. All the official NA servers are in the same group.

Offline Darkkarma

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 106
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow your roll
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: DarkKarma
« Reply #63 on: July 19, 2011, 10:27:26 pm »
+6
I'd like to apply for admin.

I'm an easy going, non-confrontational person in game and do my best to be friendly and helpful to other players.

I've also been playing for the better portion of a year now and have never had any major complaints/issues with NA admins or players.

I'm also on later at night quite often and would make an excellent late night admin if needed.

I'm a very patient player and am more likley to laugh something off in game rather than take it seriously or personally.

Thanks for your consideration.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 08:59:59 am by Darkkarma »
This community hurts my brains, a lot.

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #64 on: July 19, 2011, 10:29:44 pm »
+8
In the words of Brewster:

"Don't vote for me"

Enuff said.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Zanthos

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: White Company
  • Game nicks: Zanthos_WCo
  • IRC nick: Zanthos
« Reply #65 on: July 19, 2011, 10:33:08 pm »
I appreciate my name being thrown in with the previous NA server admins as a potential candidate, but I actually considered letting this thread pass by and not applying. I honestly would not mind being an admin on the future NA servers, but only if the rules are laid out and detailed to handle as many scenarios as possible. I'm sure a few people know my constant asking for clarifications on how to handle scenarios.

I don't mind letting minor things slide now and then... in fact, most people probably do not even know I am an admin because I keep a rather low profile due to not handing out very man kicks/bans unless seriously warranted. However, when an admin has to interpret too many grey areas within the rules, that is when you see people concerned about admin abuse, favoritism, or even a lack of adminship so to speak.

That said, assuming there will be some level of detail surrounding the expected tolerances and responses for enforcing rules, I will throw my hat in as well. I have no problems with someone running a virtual admin background check, or whatever you would like to call it. For me, cRPG is all about having fun and relaxing in my spare time. My approach to being an admin in cRPG is rather simple... have fun and listen to the community. If someone is ruining the fun of others by intentionally breaking the rules, being a troll, etc... then I will step in to do whatever is necessary to put an end to it so everyone has an equal opportunity to have a fun experience.

Offline PointBlank9

• Noble
  • Renown: 21
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: BW_Pointblank
  • IRC nick: PointBlank
« Reply #66 on: July 19, 2011, 10:58:03 pm »
+7
Lets see what I can come up with here......

There are a few good reasons that I wish to apply for admin. One main reason being that some people are saying there should be more admins from smaller clans in cRPG, having admins from smaller clans has many benefits. Another reason being that I am pretty responsible when it comes to something as serious as being an admin, I wouldn't ab00z this role. I am pretty well known on these servers, but not the most popular. I am fairly easy to get along with and feel that people wouldn't dislike me as an admin. I don't dislike any clan out there, so the punishments wouldn't be unfair towards a specific group. If a new a member from the khan is disobeying the server rules, I wouldn't hesitate to kick him either. I am very active, and would be able to help most of the time.

Thanks, PB
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 11:02:20 pm by xKhanxPointBlank »

Offline Hisagi

• Knight
  • Renown: 30
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Saints of War
  • Game nicks: SoW_BS_Toby_Moogle_King, sK_BlackHawk
« Reply #67 on: July 19, 2011, 11:56:29 pm »
+1 for Pointblank.

He's a cool and mature dude.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 12:21:34 am by Hisagi »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Hisagi's Den of Gewdies

Offline dynamike

• King
  • Renown: 1212
  • Infamy: 187
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Let's be friends again?
    • View Profile
    • The Remnants Clan Website
  • Faction: Stratia
  • Game nicks: Remnant_dynamike
« Reply #68 on: July 20, 2011, 12:21:24 am »
+3
I would like to apply because...
  • I believe in the spiritual powers of a supernatural being channeling the essence of humanitarian goodwill through the hyper interaction room in order to positively influence the behavior of mankind and abstain them from perilous decisions potentially harming neutral participants taking joy in pre modern role playing warfare simulations, if warranted even by force
  • I recently switched to Geico and saved 15% on my car insurance (smart guy!)
  • It would make my girlfriend flip out if I'd spend any more time playing this game
  • The DOITNAOW (Democratic Organization to Indoctrinate Talented New Admins into the Official Workforce) promised me their support
  • I would ban the 2012 rapture and save us all
  • chadz once said to me: "can't tell you, it is a secret" and I told no one
  • I float like a bee and sting like a butterfly
  • I will make sure that no good deed goes unbanned
  • I can write with my right hand while eating pancakes with my left
  • cRPG is NOT dead in such cases
  • Me being German makes me calm, virtually non aggressive and comes with a funny accent for free!
  • I'm EU, now in NA, speak EN and DE and am good with abbreviations
  • I admined my neighbors hamster once for a week (it died a little bit)
  • I could REALLY use the money from this job!

Thank you.
For while the fire in the heart of a single Remnant still burns... can Stratia truly have fallen?

Offline Philosiraptor

• Knight
  • Renown: 38
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
  • Scrubnerdbasementlord
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Phoenix Company MurderBoner GoD
  • Game nicks: Philosiraptor_PxC; Thousands of alts..Just call me mike :D
  • IRC nick: Philo
« Reply #69 on: July 20, 2011, 12:39:16 am »
I should be an admin because i am one of the oldest NA players around. I have been involved in MUCH drama since being here, so i know how the admins work {even if it has been against me}

Never once been called out for admin abuse

Nor do i cheat

AND im not highly skilled, plus im a pretty level header person, though i can be a shithead, at least im honest!

Plus I think id be a GREAT admin, and so do you

Anders you have a fucking ban thread every day it seems, you lead a sad life my friend. Ban threads are the cancer that kill this mod.

Offline Damug

• Noble
  • Renown: 21
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 20, 2011, 02:00:59 am »
You forgot to mention how you gave the ATS admin password to Zealot because you thought it would be funny Philosoraptor.

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #71 on: July 20, 2011, 02:03:48 am »
I would like to apply because...
  • I believe in the spiritual powers of a supernatural being channeling the essence of humanitarian goodwill through the hyper interaction room in order to positively influence the behavior of mankind and abstain them from perilous decisions potentially harming neutral participants taking joy in pre modern role playing warfare simulations, if warranted even by force
  • I recently switched to Geico and saved 15% on my car insurance (smart guy!)
  • It would make my girlfriend flip out if I'd spend any more time playing this game
  • The DOITNAOW (Democratic Organization to Indoctrinate Talented New Admins into the Official Workforce) promised me their support
  • I would ban the 2012 rapture and save us all
  • chadz once said to me: "can't tell you, it is a secret" and I told no one
  • I float like a bee and sting like a butterfly
  • I will make sure that no good deed goes unbanned
  • I can write with my right hand while eating pancakes with my left
  • cRPG is NOT dead in such cases
  • Me being German makes me calm, virtually non aggressive and comes with a funny accent for free!
  • I'm EU, now in NA, speak EN and DE and am good with abbreviations
  • I admined my neighbors hamster once for a week (it died a little bit)
  • I could REALLY use the money from this job!

Thank you.
At least there's a little bit of amusement that can be found in this thread.
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline Barbas

• Knight
  • Renown: 29
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
  • Great President of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 20, 2011, 02:11:46 am »
I guess I could be an admin, if you wanted.

1)  Neutrality.  I'm not in a clan and don't plan to be.  I have no interests in Strategus; I sell whatever troops I recruit for cRPG gold and might on occasion fight in a battle for anyone who will hire me, but I'm totally indifferent as to what's going on with the map.  Further, I don't really have any 'cRPG friends' to bias me; I play to kill you guys, not to make nice.

2)  Early Schedule.  I'm up by 6am Eastern U.S. time, in case there's a shortage of help for the early hours.  I tend to play quite a bit.

3)  No Arguing.  Whatever the rules are, I'll enforce them.  Whatever the admin guidelines are, I'll follow them.  I'll give warning announcements when it seems someone might not know about whatever rule; if I have to kick / temp-ban someone, I'll put the e.g. 'Reason: Teamkilling' part in so people know why.  Beyond that, I have zero interest in giving in to the "How dare you kick my clanmate!!!" trolling and spamming up the chat for everyone else.

Offline Classical

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 133
  • Infamy: 62
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 20, 2011, 02:51:38 am »
You forgot to mention how you gave the ATS admin password to Zealot because you thought it would be funny Philosoraptor.

Pretty sure Shik knows this already, but I laughed my ass off when I read he applied, +1 Philosoraptor for being ironic as fuck.  :lol:

Offline espooo

• Banned hacker
  • Knight
  • Renown: 25
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
  • I am always getting hunted down.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Free Companies of Calradia (Bridgeburners)
  • Game nicks: Espo_BRD
  • IRC nick: Espo
« Reply #74 on: July 20, 2011, 03:00:30 am »
+11
I would like to apply.

I am a fair and patient person, and will enforce the rules onto all players.
I am an NA player, playing every day practically.
I am very outgoing and treat people how I would like to be treated.
I play from usually 3:00 P.M to 4:00 A.M PST, so I would have a lot of time to watch over the servers.
I am not a dick. I am very friendly if you get to know me. :)
I have also been playing this game long enough to understand the rules. I have learned from my mistakes and the mistakes of others.

Thanks,
Espo
« Last Edit: July 23, 2011, 10:34:16 am by espooo »