Author Topic: NA Servers - Game Admin applications OPEN  (Read 80150 times)

Offline Sultan_Khalifa

• Noble
  • Renown: 18
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Sultan_Khalifa Fallen_Santa_Khalifa
Re: NA Servers - Game Admin applications OPEN
« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2011, 03:30:01 am »
Hi there I would Like to apply for Admin

Timezone: +3 GMT

Why do you want to be admin?

Well, there are multiple reasons. First of all, as I am, I can only do so much to stop Griefing, settle disputes.
Also I like helping people and teaching, which I think would help the community grow and become more friendlier.

Why do you think you would be a good admin?

I'm very honest, respectful of others, open minded always try to be as helpful and friendly as I can. I'm not power hungry, and very fair when it comes to enforcing rules. Also I could set an example to other people on the server, showing that if you be a nice, generous person, people will respect you more. I'm also very active, playing everyday for several hours at a time.

Offline Xol!

• Earl
  • Renown: 428
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Xol_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: Xol
« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2011, 03:43:10 am »
+3
I've run a game server in the past, and I've been a moderator on several community gaming servers.  I'm fairly level headed.  My biggest issue would likely be playing while intoxicated, but I know not to use my privileges when I'm drinking (save the pink text, I may not be able to help myself).  I'm 22 years old, and currently a graduate student in the United States, so I won't be available all day during the fall and spring semesters (though I'll be around for the majority of the rest of the summer), but once my schedule stabilizes I'll be around consistently.

I'm not actively looking for an admin position, but if you need people, I'd be happy to help out.
boop

Offline Centurion

• Noble
  • Renown: 14
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2011, 04:23:04 am »
i would like to become an admin on these new servers. ive been admin on the servers that ecko runs for a few months now, that being said i havnt abused it and i only used it when necisarry most ppl didnt even know i had admin untill i used it because i tend to keep it on the down low unless some one is breacking the rules and another admin hasnt already stepped in. Also i play almost everyday and tend to be the only admin on the servers in the mornings when i play and sometimes late at night

Offline partyboy

• Earl
  • Renown: 477
  • Infamy: 133
  • cRPG Player
  • BRING BACK LADDERS
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GODQUEEN_PARTYGIRL_OF_BIRD
« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2011, 04:35:11 am »
+6
I am a pillar of the CRPG community
Subject displays signs of antisocial behaviour
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Dexxtaa

• King
  • Renown: 1268
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Remnant_Dexxtaa
« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2011, 04:41:02 am »
+3
Applying to be an admin on the new NA servers.

I have experience on siege and battle servers. And I play often enough to keep an eye on the people.

Fair admin (ask anyone seriously) and yeah. It'd be cool to help out and give back some to the community.

Offline CtrlAltDe1337

• Knight
  • Renown: 31
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
  • Victoria aut mors
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ATS / Northern Empire
  • Game nicks: Kataphraktos, Muffins, CtrlAltDelete, Haleth
« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2011, 04:44:08 am »
I would like to put myself forward as a candidate for admin.  Shik, I think you know me fairly well since I've seen you around since the Warband beta, so I won't go on about myself too long :P

In short, I have admin experience on the current servers.  I've helped run the nK Warband server on native (including server file access), I've been moderator on forums, and I've been admin on other games, most notably BF2 on the TOP SF server. 

I try to be fair in my dealings with everyone, as much as is humanly possible.  I usually err on the side of leniency instead of severity.  If I make a mistake or poor judgement call, I'm open to criticism and can change my behavior.  I'll be honest and say I've made some mistakes as admin--I'd be pretentious to pretend otherwise.  But I've tried to learn as I go and always improve.  I'll enforce rules, even ones I don't agree with, and let things go that I think should be illegal if its not.  I don't let my personal biases influence my admin choices: I've kicked my own clan members before, and I don't kick folks I don't like willy-nilly.

I have few complaints against my time as admin.  Ask around, you'll find a few butthurt trolls here and there, but most folks that know me can vouch for me I think.  Maybe you are even one of them? *hopes* :P

Lastly, I play too much cRPG/strat most of the time, making me a good choice. :P  I check the forums frequently, and I'm on vent/steam most of the time if people need to contact me.  I play irregular hours sometimes (early mornings, other strange times) and often find myself the only admin on the current servers.  On strat I like to merc for a lot of different clans, and I've helped out in the past when griefers were engaging in kickable activity on the NA strat server.

Well that's about it, I'd like to contribute to the community, and this is something I enjoy.  As I said, ask around and see if what I say above is true.  I'll appreciate it if you consider this request, and I hope we can make the official NA strat server an unbiased, enjoyable battleground for everyone.  I've been a bit vocal in my opposition to the creation of this server--but since the dev team has decided on this course, I want to contribute and help ensure the original vision of the server becomes a reality.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 04:49:35 am by CtrlAltDe1337 »
Quote from: IRC
<abearirl>crtlaltdel shut up | you are the worst | sperglord | i hate you so much | if i could ban goatee or ban you | i'd ban you
<Wylker|work>man if i was locked in a bunker with einstein, stalin, and CtrlAltDelete and had a gun with only 2 bullets | I'd shoot CtrlAltDelete twice

Offline Heroin

• Baron
  • Renown: 135
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
  • cRPG NA Server Admin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: MB
  • Game nicks: BlackHand_Heroin, Heroin_ATS, Heroin__JaBoNRA, Heroine_Heroin_MB, F8
« Reply #36 on: July 19, 2011, 05:10:27 am »
I would be happy to assist with administrating the servers if you would like.

Qualifications:

* Experience - Have been an admin in NA for nearing a year with nearly no complaints from the general public.

* Unbiased - Half my clan hates me for treating them just like everyone else when it comes to rules.

* I robot - I typically don't get too emotional, and deal with problems using only the facts.

* Activity - I am online daily.

I'm sure you have access to my alts, but one you've interacted with recently was Ninja_Punk_Rock. PM me if you'd be interested in my assistance/admin-ship.
Quote from: Godfrey of Ibelin
I once fought for two days with an arrow through my testicle.

Offline Nasturtium

• Count
  • Renown: 203
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 19, 2011, 05:18:35 am »
+1
I wouldn't mind giving it a go, those who know me know I am levelheaded, have a good understanding of the game, and I am much more fair and balanced than fox news.

Offline panderson

• Noble
  • Renown: 14
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The White Company
  • Game nicks: Pandersonsonsonsonson_WCo
  • IRC nick: Panderson
« Reply #38 on: July 19, 2011, 05:23:01 am »
Canary
Tydeus
Lorden
Poophammer
Nindur
Gash
Zanthos
Mr.Rogers
Arowaine
Trent
Tearsofdestiny
Panderson
Manowar
Earthdforce

would all be good admins. few complaints.

I agree with all of the people Ecko has posted (although I am not familiar with Trent).

If there is a need, I would be glad to help admin the servers.  I have been an NA admin for quite some time.  I would like to think that I am fair and level headed.   

Offline Dach

• Earl
  • Renown: 444
  • Infamy: 92
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Dach_BRD / SNSD_Taeyeon
« Reply #39 on: July 19, 2011, 05:23:28 am »
+1
I could apply, but I think you already got enough good people in there.

You got my support for:

Tydeus
Panderson
Heroin
Xolvern
Canary
Gash
Arowaine
Manofwar
Tears
Marathon

(click to show/hide)
A lot of people in the NA community know that Dach rages and in the process of his uncontrollable rage, he tends to kick people.

You've been warned! :twisted:

Offline Iggore

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 19, 2011, 05:28:13 am »
+1
Why is it I mostly see ATS,Chaos and TS all "Northern Empire" trying to apply.. it's almost like they're trying to take over or something. I only support tears of destiny. because he has competence. also I'd like to see more admins from non Major clans.  or perhaps admins from no clan at all... An admin without affiliation would be most wise.

Offline Seawied

• Knight
  • Renown: 45
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
  • Climbing in yo window, snatching yo people up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 19, 2011, 05:47:28 am »
Why is it I mostly see ATS,Chaos and TS all "Northern Empire" trying to apply.. it's almost like they're trying to take over or something. I only support tears of destiny. because he has competence. also I'd like to see more admins from non Major clans.  or perhaps admins from no clan at all... An admin without affiliation would be most wise.

That's because NE is huge. No take over intended. I doubt Shik would only pick admins from a single alliance anyway  :wink:
So with PT >10 stones become simple too effective
:lol:

Offline Earthdforce

• Earl
  • Renown: 391
  • Infamy: 150
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Earth_Geodude_da_Defender, _RageThrower
  • IRC nick: Khalestimo#7613
« Reply #42 on: July 19, 2011, 05:52:06 am »
I'm not in a clan...
(is hurt)

EDIT: Yet ;)
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 06:37:35 am by Earthdforce »

Offline Dach

• Earl
  • Renown: 444
  • Infamy: 92
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Dach_BRD / SNSD_Taeyeon
« Reply #43 on: July 19, 2011, 06:21:26 am »
hmm because people in clan (any clan) are very active member of the community...

is there a reason they should not try to apply?  :|
A lot of people in the NA community know that Dach rages and in the process of his uncontrollable rage, he tends to kick people.

You've been warned! :twisted:

Offline Diomedes

• Count
  • Renown: 200
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
  • Cat
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Sootnik_Diomedes
« Reply #44 on: July 19, 2011, 06:36:27 am »
I'm not in a clan...
(is hurt)

Want to come hang out in our teamspeak?  We have iced tea...