Author Topic: New Xbow Damage  (Read 6051 times)

Offline Heroin

• Baron
  • Renown: 135
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
  • cRPG NA Server Admin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: MB
  • Game nicks: BlackHand_Heroin, Heroin_ATS, Heroin__JaBoNRA, Heroine_Heroin_MB, F8
Re: New Xbow Damage
« Reply #45 on: January 17, 2011, 08:45:17 am »
If the last person left is an xbower and I am not playing an agi-monkey, I don't even bother to dodge half the time.  It just seems unnecessary.

Right. That says a lot about the current state of the xbow. Well said, Braeden.
Quote from: Godfrey of Ibelin
I once fought for two days with an arrow through my testicle.

Offline Astinus

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Armata Brancaleone
  • Game nicks: AB_Astinus
« Reply #46 on: January 17, 2011, 09:06:28 am »
xbow damage is fine, keep in mind that it's the weapon that needs less investment to master, you only need 100 wpf and that's all.
The only thing is that mid tiers xbows are quite expansive for their use, but it's nothing that you can live with
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline nuffen

• Baron
  • Renown: 113
  • Infamy: 114
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Nuffen Fallen_Lilith Fallen_Little_Nuff
  • IRC nick: nuffen
« Reply #47 on: January 17, 2011, 11:55:45 am »
Personally, I'm glad xbows are worthless now. Pretty much everyone had a crossbow and end of rounds you would see 2 people in full plate shoot crossbows at each other from opposite roofs instead of fighting in melee.

Im a dedicated xbow, and its far from worthless. Its only the xbow without wpf that is nerfed. :)

Offline SquishMitten

• Baron
  • Renown: 132
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Waylander
  • Game nicks: Mew, Kitty + many more
« Reply #48 on: January 17, 2011, 12:05:50 pm »
it is much better now that everyone doesn't carry an xbow (now everyone seems to have throwing instead :P)

In memory of Merciless_Mew, member of Merciless, ruler of Istiniar

Offline Astinus

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 17, 2011, 12:40:44 pm »
Meh, people don't get that what you used to do with the sniper xbows and 0 wpf you can still do with the hunting one. Just don't expect to oneshot anymore thought

Offline Blondin

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • aka Blondie
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Blondin, Tuco, Sentenza
  • IRC nick: Blondin
« Reply #50 on: January 17, 2011, 02:12:59 pm »
Everyone had a xbow before, cos it was the answer to ranged spam, now that xbow is nerfed, everyone go to throwing weapons, it's logical.
As a melee fighter if you want to be effective, you got to have a ranged answer, otherwise you will be spam and archers can shoot arrows at your face without fear. In the same logic, roofs are sometimes unreachable but full of arrows spammer, if you don't have ranged you're dead.

But i don't see many dedicated xbowers on battlefield...
« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 02:14:45 pm by Blondin »

Offline Noble Crassius

• Noble
  • Renown: 12
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Long live the Han
    • View Profile
    • http://rotk.ws/
  • Faction: Han Empire
  • Game nicks: Han_Ling, SiegeSome, Fallen_Knight
« Reply #51 on: January 17, 2011, 06:37:37 pm »
I think damage would be fine - if the price was leveld with it. Either raise damage and leave prices alone or keep damage and lower prices. That's all that really needs to be done.
On it.

Offline Sir Perd

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 17, 2011, 06:57:04 pm »
Fallen, I think you mean the total opposite :lol:

Offline Nemeth

• Knight
  • Renown: 34
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Nemeth
  • IRC nick: Nemeth
« Reply #53 on: January 17, 2011, 07:47:56 pm »
Fallen, I think you mean the total opposite :lol:
:?: :?: :?:

Im a dedicated xbow, and its far from worthless. Its only the xbow without wpf that is nerfed. :)

What do you mean far from worthless? Comparing to other ranged posibilities, yes, it is worthless. I mean, the only reason to go xbow over bow is, well, none, except personal preferences (yes, I do have xbowman myself, lvl 30, and liked it very mucho before the last patch). As an archer, you can use your best equipment (taking into account that archers usually wanna wear light armor for best accuracy), drop people in 2-4 shots and still be in VERY green numbers at the end of the round (tested myself, have archer at level 26 or so). As an xbowman, you either run around with siege xbow in cloth/light armor and super cheap melee weapon so you can afford the upkeep, but you will get 1-2 shotted by any archer before you can even reload due to your inferior mobility. And when the melees come to your face, you're pretty much screwed with that setup. Also, as mentioned, the damage with siege xbow is not really that great anymore.
Or, you can go with some lighter xbow, cheap melee weapon and cheap mail armor (again, so you can keep up with the upkeep), do pitiful damage both ranged and melee but being able to withstand 1-2 more hits from archers.
Or you can build hybrid, but that's not the point as you were refering to dedicated xbowman. If you have any trick how to be not worthless as an xbowman compared to other range classes, please tell me, cause I really wanna like my xbowman again.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 07:49:55 pm by Nemeth »

Offline Gristle

• Duke
  • Renown: 560
  • Infamy: 130
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BRD
  • Game nicks: Gristle_BRD
« Reply #54 on: January 17, 2011, 10:17:56 pm »
Think of bows as machine guns/semi-auto rifles and crossbows as sniper rifles/shotguns. Bows can fire very quickly (less so now of course), but you don't have a lot of time to line up your shot once you've readied the arrow. Your aim goes way off after 3 seconds or so. Most people are fine with that. Me, I like lots of time to pick my shots. I consider the ability to aim for an infinite amount of time an overlooked perk of the crossbows, and one of the defining differences between the two weapons (along with damage and reload times). I don't mind having a long reload when I have plenty of time to make my shots count (missing the same target twice is always annoying though).

I use a Heavy Crossbow, medium to heavy armor, high end shields, and a high end 1H weapon. I break even on bad days.

I'll admit I was a little lucky. Before the nerf, I used an Exceptional Crossbow. When heirlooms were reset, I was able to upgrade to an Exceptional Heavy Crossbow, so I've barely lost any damage since the big patch. Players with Siege Crossbows have lost a lot.

I do agree that damage and/or speed should be increased considering how expensive they are now. Still, they are certainly not worthless currently.

Offline StanleyPain

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: (>'.'<)(*)(*)(¯`·._) LLJK (¯`·._) (*)(*) (>'.'<)
« Reply #55 on: January 17, 2011, 10:23:45 pm »

I'll admit I was a little lucky. Before the nerf, I used an Exceptional Crossbow. When heirlooms were reset, I was able to upgrade to an Exceptional Heavy Crossbow, so I've barely lost any damage since the big patch. Players with Siege Crossbows have lost a lot.

That's exactly it. A lot of people (ranged/melee/whatever) used to rely on their gear to kill people. Now it actually takes some skill. I'm fairly certain that was the entire purpose of this patch, weapon nerfs, upkeep, et al. To make the game less gear dependent and more on skill/teamplay dependant

Offline Astinus

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 18, 2011, 12:54:04 am »
But i don't see many dedicated xbowers on battlefield...
Because xbow isn't a weapon that needs dedication, in fact it's the perfect hybrid weapon, you only need a 100 wpf and you are fine. It's useless to build a character only to xbows simply because you won't become better levelling it like PD does for archery or PS for melee.

Offline Tornkik

• Noble
  • Renown: 10
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 18, 2011, 01:10:50 am »
I had siege x-bow before patch, and yes i'm hybrid.

1st gen was archer, hated it, retired. ( before big patch )

Then ( before big patch ) I was 1h/2h/cav, w/ siege x-bow, and I was fine with 3:1 KD ratio.

Now I'm usually running around in cloth/leather and rarely use my siege x-bow. It's seems nerfed way to much. In siege a few minutes ago I shot a archer in the legs, he was wearing a tunic and he didn't die.

Just sayin'

Offline Astinus

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 20, 2011, 12:12:10 pm »
I had siege x-bow before patch, and yes i'm hybrid.

1st gen was archer, hated it, retired. ( before big patch )

Then ( before big patch ) I was 1h/2h/cav, w/ siege x-bow, and I was fine with 3:1 KD ratio.

Now I'm usually running around in cloth/leather and rarely use my siege x-bow. It's seems nerfed way to much. In siege a few minutes ago I shot a archer in the legs, he was wearing a tunic and he didn't die.

Just sayin'
try to use a normal crossbow. If you are hybrid it will be enough for you and also will keep the equipment at low, letting you use better armors and melee weapons.

Before patch sniper crossbow was good because there was no upkeep and you were able to shoot even without wpf, now you need some wpf and upkeep kills you. If you wanna use a xbow without wpf take the hunting and you will be satisfied by that