Author Topic: New Xbow Damage  (Read 6070 times)

Offline Jacko

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 839
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fffnanguard!
  • Game nicks: Jacko
Re: New Xbow Damage
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2011, 03:25:06 am »
Dear staby dave, let me explain what I meant:

DPS is a misleading term that makes people think that some weapon are more effective then others. In a "real" rpg, where everything is calculated and everything is "predetermined", DPS as a term works fine. But how would you use that in cRPG? Just because you CAN shot 1 arrow per 3 seconds dealing XX amount of dmg, does not mean that you de facto deal that damage. Most archers hit very few arrows where I (for example) hit people with at least with 50% of my bolts, because I choice very carefully when to shoot and when not to. That's what  I meant with playing proper.

In my own very special world, an xbower is a slow support char, who shoots when it matters. Of course this becomes a problem when everyone needs 2-3 bolts to go down, but it's usually solved buy shooting squishy archers instead, or simply staying alive or picking off people with low health.
Monkeys!

Offline Halevolm

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Haargrim
« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2011, 09:46:21 am »
Yup, riiiight.... So 68 piercing damage is a lot then. Because that is the amount my MASTERWORK heavy crossbow does. So I don't think that's anywhere massive damage from putting three heirlooms in it after the heirloom amount nerf..... Where the hell people get these 100 pierce damage things? They should check things out before shouting stupid things. If I remember correct btw. the masterwork siege crossbow does 80 piercing or something, and at time you reaload that thing archer can pump what, 5 shots? I have counted some archer shooting 3-4 arrows in the time I reload my heavy crossbow. I think that the damage potential in 4 arrows is a lot more than in one bolt...  :evil:

Simple solution would be that it needs 130 wpf to use heavy crossbow and 140 siege crossbow and up they damage something like 8 points. OR make them reload faster.

Offline Greziz

• Baron
  • Renown: 112
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Kerin__Grahm_BRD, Linden_BRD, secretary of BRD
« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2011, 10:22:48 am »
I have always been a stout user of the xbow But with the stupendous dmg nerf they have removed the only thing that made the xbow worth using over a different ranged weapon and that is the capability to put something down or punch through a shield in 1shot. Because lets face it you get 1 shot then you get engaged. If you werent immediately engaged you must find cover FULL COVER elst you will be shot reloading if by some chance you can find a nice place to reload and plink from a normal archer could take advantage of the same spot and put 4-5 arrows down range in the same time to an overall more helpful effect assuming he is just as competent at sniping as you are because long range shooting is also partially luck if your opponent decides to change direction your shot is blammed no matter how well you fired it. So I really do think they should UnNerf the Xbow I would much rather see it used rather than all these throwing jarids and shit but lets face it pandoras box was opened those melee that used and xbow as their sidearm never will again now that they have figured out throwing is a 100 percent better decision for what they used their xbow for anyways. Also for all you who complain that your xbow is to expensive 873 gold to upkeep it is such chump change my archer which uses it rolls around with two of them the ammo and a mail shirt leather gloves and hide boots armor is light to conserve run speed and wpf as I am a hybrid but Seriously if your in the heavy armor which is what is really killing your wallet not the xbow your probably reloading your xbow at overwhelmingly slow speeds -.- just get throwing and join the gay parade of Overpowered 1shot capable throwers that don't need wpf because the skill powerthrow itself will make you more accurate make your shots straighter and faster.

Offline AvengerC47

• Knight
  • Renown: 53
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Guerra, guerra nunca cambia
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
  • Game nicks: c47
« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2011, 10:53:06 am »
Just for the information:
Exceptional Siege Crossbow (2nd heirloom)
thrust damage 83 pierce (75 without heirlooming)

And I agree with Greziz
It shouldn't be nerfed
Unless you will nerf throwing now

I think archers are pretty balanced now (they are loosing many arrows before they hit me :d)
Guerra, guerra nunca cambia

Sorry for my bad english :d

Offline Wookimonsta

• Hoopy frood
  • Count
  • Renown: 206
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2011, 11:14:09 am »
uhm, yesterday I was walking around in peasant disguise or whatever its called and survived a siege crossbow to the chest. I know it was a siege crossbow, cause I killed the guy and he dropped it.
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
<dexxtaa> I just saw nakey ladies and I left
<@Fasader> dexxtaa is clearly gay

Offline Manabalu

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Manabalu
« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2011, 11:22:51 am »
Exceptional Siege Crossbow (2nd heirloom)
thrust damage 83 pierce (75 without heirlooming)

And I agree with Greziz
It shouldn't be nerfed
Unless you will nerf throwing now

I think archers are pretty balanced now (they are loosing many arrows before they hit me :d)

It's not true the website showing it wrong. An exceptional Siege Crossbow has actually 77 dmg (70 without heirlooming)
The damage values you are mentiored would be alright.

Offline Stabby_Dave

• Count
  • Renown: 197
  • Infamy: 34
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Stabby_Dave, Squelch, Dave_The_Longbowman, Faggy_Dave
  • IRC nick: Stabby
« Reply #36 on: January 16, 2011, 01:06:34 pm »
Dear staby dave, let me explain what I meant:

DPS is a misleading term that makes people think that some weapon are more effective then others. In a "real" rpg, where everything is calculated and everything is "predetermined", DPS as a term works fine. But how would you use that in cRPG? Just because you CAN shot 1 arrow per 3 seconds dealing XX amount of dmg, does not mean that you de facto deal that damage. Most archers hit very few arrows where I (for example) hit people with at least with 50% of my bolts, because I choice very carefully when to shoot and when not to. That's what  I meant with playing proper.

In my own very special world, an xbower is a slow support char, who shoots when it matters. Of course this becomes a problem when everyone needs 2-3 bolts to go down, but it's usually solved buy shooting squishy archers instead, or simply staying alive or picking off people with low health.

Ahh ok I see what you mean now and yes I get your point. I was using the term DPS very loosely really. I just wanted to know how much damage could potentially be cause by the various xbows per second, all other things being equal (Inc shot location, player stats, etc).

For instance (Reload times Guess)
Siege Xbow: 70 damage, reload and shoot once every 6 seconds = 11.6 damage per second
Hunting Xbow: 36 damage, reload and shoot once every 3 seconds = 12 damage per second

Of course this is a very rudimentary calculation as you say Jacko and there are many more factors to take into account.

Offline 3ABP

• Knight
  • Renown: 34
  • Infamy: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 16, 2011, 01:19:58 pm »
uhm, yesterday I was walking around in peasant disguise or whatever its called and survived a siege crossbow to the chest. I know it was a siege crossbow, cause I killed the guy and he dropped it.
And I am not killed a man in cloth armor by 2 hit of Great long Bardiche. What is proofing ? Only - what Warband have very width random dmg range.
              [STR] Strangers Faction
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Noble Crassius

• Noble
  • Renown: 12
  • cRPG Player
  • Long live the Han
    • View Profile
    • http://rotk.ws/
  • Faction: Han Empire
  • Game nicks: Han_Ling, SiegeSome, Fallen_Knight
« Reply #38 on: January 16, 2011, 03:50:04 pm »
And I am not killed a man in cloth armor by 2 hit of Great long Bardiche. What is proofing ? Only - what Warband have very width random dmg range.
When did I say that? Point is multi heirloomed xbows do some incredible damage.
Lol that's what I'm talking about that point is wrong. jesus save us.

You must have whiffed on the first hit because I get 1 or 2 hitted by bardiches all the time with 36 bd. Can't whiff with xbow.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 04:23:34 pm by Fallen_CrassiusV2 »
On it.

Offline Heroin

• Baron
  • Renown: 135
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
  • cRPG NA Server Admin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: MB
  • Game nicks: BlackHand_Heroin, Heroin_ATS, Heroin__JaBoNRA, Heroine_Heroin_MB, F8
« Reply #39 on: January 16, 2011, 05:26:14 pm »
Siege Crossbow
thrust damage 70 pierce

Fixed. In the last "Update", there was a ninja nerf to Xbow damage that was NOT updated on the web site. So the site says siege xbow does 75 pierce, but in game, the xbow only does 70 pierce.

People in peasant clothing should NOT survive a shot to the chest with a siege xbow. WOOKI! Help Us!!!!!!
Quote from: Godfrey of Ibelin
I once fought for two days with an arrow through my testicle.

Offline Allers

• Count
  • Renown: 292
  • Infamy: 134
  • cRPG Player
  • Ca$hville
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ca$hville Records, Ruff Ryders
  • Game nicks: Allers, Young Buck, DMX
  • IRC nick: Allers
« Reply #40 on: January 16, 2011, 05:59:44 pm »
Fixed. In the last "Update", there was a ninja nerf to Xbow damage that was NOT updated on the web site. So the site says siege xbow does 75 pierce, but in game, the xbow only does 70 pierce.

People in peasant clothing should NOT survive a shot to the chest with a siege xbow. WOOKI! Help Us!!!!!!

I survive one naked with my 12 Ironflesh :D
Ca$hville 615

Offline Noble Crassius

• Noble
  • Renown: 12
  • cRPG Player
  • Long live the Han
    • View Profile
    • http://rotk.ws/
  • Faction: Han Empire
  • Game nicks: Han_Ling, SiegeSome, Fallen_Knight
« Reply #41 on: January 16, 2011, 06:22:21 pm »
Any one else still getting the delay between releasing lmb and the shot? It only happens every once in a while but damn it sure is annoying.
On it.

Offline Heroin

• Baron
  • Renown: 135
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
  • cRPG NA Server Admin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: MB
  • Game nicks: BlackHand_Heroin, Heroin_ATS, Heroin__JaBoNRA, Heroine_Heroin_MB, F8
« Reply #42 on: January 17, 2011, 04:45:28 am »
Any one else still getting the delay between releasing lmb and the shot? It only happens every once in a while but damn it sure is annoying.

Yes, you get the delay if you haven't been aiming long enough. To avoid any delay, just stay in the aiming position for a few seconds before attempting to fire. But don't expect it to kill anyone when you do.
Quote from: Godfrey of Ibelin
I once fought for two days with an arrow through my testicle.

Offline StanleyPain

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: (>'.'<)(*)(*)(¯`·._) LLJK (¯`·._) (*)(*) (>'.'<)
« Reply #43 on: January 17, 2011, 05:24:43 am »

Yeah on bows I do. Basically if you're holding LMB down and release prior to "max aim" there will be a slight delay between releasing your mouse button and the shot firing. If you just tap LMB you will go through the aiming procedure and then release instantly.

Offline Braeden

• Earl
  • Renown: 420
  • Infamy: 53
  • I hear the sound of drums
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Acre?
  • Game nicks: Braeden_Sanguine
  • IRC nick: Braeden
« Reply #44 on: January 17, 2011, 05:46:35 am »
If the last person left is an xbower and I am not playing an agi-monkey, I don't even bother to dodge half the time.  It just seems unnecessary.