Author Topic: [Stats] Remove 'not useable on horseback' flag from Great Axe  (Read 3438 times)

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
Re: Make the great axe usable on horseback
« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2011, 02:35:10 am »
bar mace usable on horse again i say.

Anyway why the hate on 2h cav from all these haters, its hardly op and is barely used

There's no reason for great axe not to be used on horse back tbh, although imo morningstar is your best choice even if its now overused.

Also, flamberge is already usable from horseback, just no attacks are available.

Try it yourself.
Turtles

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2011, 10:04:12 pm »
+1
in truth real spears are slow weapons

So very epicly wrong.  Very very very wrong.
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline DrKronic

• Knight
  • Renown: 67
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
  • Arch Villain of cRPG
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I do what I want
« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2011, 05:33:46 pm »
So very epicly wrong.  Very very very wrong.

yea it is, even read about the real awlpike

Awlpike(IRL description)-
Also known just as a "pike" and a Morris pike (corruption of Moorish), this is an infantry spear raning from 16 to 22 feet in length.  Awl Heads are usually leaf- or lozenge shaped.  The pole is made of a strong wood, such as ash.  Many pike heads are made with two tongues of steel, nailed down the sides of the shaft in order to prevent the head from getting hacked off.   The grip is often bound with cloth and the butt capped in steel to prevent the shaft from splitting.  The awl pike has the DUBIOUS distinction of being the SLOWEST polearm available.  add this to its MEDIOCRE damage against man-sized opponents, and one is left with a weapon of QUESTIONABLE VALUE, except when used EN MASSE on the battlefied.

INGAME= ridonkulous awesome dueling 1v1 weapon of death, plus hell you have 2 pike users, oh shit no one can stop u now lol (like IRL, o wait you'd get raped IRL with only 2 slow ass unwieldy pikes that do poor damage)

IRL= slow ass poor damage weapon, only useful in large formations(we're talking 4 rows deep, the real advantage of "long spear" type weapons, total suck in 1v1 due to slowness, bad damage)
« Last Edit: September 03, 2011, 05:36:21 pm by DrKronic »
Greed is for amateurs...Chaos, Disorder, Anarchy now that's fun!

Offline Sammael

• Knight
  • Renown: 32
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SammaeI
« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2011, 12:25:35 am »

Also known just as a "pike" and a Morris pike (corruption of Moorish), this is an infantry spear raning from 16 to 22 feet in length.  Awl Heads are usually leaf- or lozenge shaped.  The pole is made of a strong wood, such as ash.  Many pike heads are made with two tongues of steel, nailed down the sides of the shaft in order to prevent the head from getting hacked off.   The grip is often bound with cloth and the butt capped in steel to prevent the shaft from splitting.  The awl pike has the DUBIOUS distinction of being the SLOWEST polearm available.  add this to its MEDIOCRE damage against man-sized opponents, and one is left with a weapon of QUESTIONABLE VALUE, except when used EN MASSE on the battlefied.

INGAME= ridonkulous awesome dueling 1v1 weapon of death, plus hell you have 2 pike users, oh shit no one can stop u now lol (like IRL, o wait you'd get raped IRL with only 2 slow ass unwieldy pikes that do poor damage)

IRL= slow ass poor damage weapon, only useful in large formations(we're talking 4 rows deep, the real advantage of "long spear" type weapons, total suck in 1v1 due to slowness, bad damage)

You should probably just go make your own thread about this instead of continuously hijacking this one...

On topic, I agree with the OP, and add the long iron mace and bar mace to horseback while you're at it! I'd love to use a long iron mace from horseback, if only for the looks.

Offline IG_Saint

• Count
  • Renown: 196
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: IG
« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2011, 01:54:17 am »

The in game awlpike has nothing to do with that description of yours. 16 to 22 feet is 4.9 to 6.7 meters. The in game pike is 3 meters (assuming weapon length is in cm) and is the slowest polearm in game. It also sucks in duels. So do you want to change that pike to a 500-700 length awlpike to make it more realistic? Even if that happened the devs would just rename the current awlpike to short pike or something..
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 01:58:34 am by IG_Saint »

Offline Siiem

• Heretic
  • Duke
  • Renown: 611
  • Infamy: 129
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2011, 02:49:56 am »
The awlpike looks quite real to me...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qy6y9oXkjCo&feature=player_detailpage#t=18s this says it's only 5 feet...

I especially like the part where he says "If you bet on the french... you lost" :mrgreen:
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 02:56:12 am by Siiem »

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #36 on: September 07, 2011, 05:19:52 am »
I agree love is needed for axes on horseback
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline Xol!

• Earl
  • Renown: 428
  • Infamy: 51
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Xol_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: Xol
« Reply #37 on: September 10, 2011, 06:16:38 pm »
I agree love is needed for axes on horseback