Author Topic: strat reset (well, kind of)  (Read 1611 times)

Offline RD_Professor

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 718
  • Infamy: 31
  • cRPG Player
  • goon
    • View Profile
strat reset (well, kind of)
« on: April 09, 2018, 10:41:08 am »
+5
clearly, this round of strategus has gone off the rails. it turns out that the discount bug was still repeatable thanks to the wonders of strategus's great terrible structure, and also the production point creation/amounts were generally considered absurdly high. given the rather shaky nature of NA strategus, i wasn't too keen on doing a full reset and starting a new strategus round, and resetting EU by itself wasn't a good option either. neither is the option of doing nothing, especially with the disappearance of strat goods, things need to be set right.

so, to alleviate the problem, i'll be resetting each and every player's silver (strategus gold or whatever) back to some amount (more than starting), all strat goods (equipment and goods) will be removed, and also the PP of each town will be reset, as well as the upgrades made. there will be no refund for any of this, even if a player did not come into contact with any 'counterfeit' silver. it's unfortunate, but i believe it's the best solution
came to the conclusion that having a semi-fixed economy with little player work erased was more important than having a fully-fixed economy and lots of player work wipe. as of now, the plan is to remove cheated silver/goods, revert fief upgrades, silver, PP, and leave everything else untouched. essentially, players will not see a large portion of their work deleted

why this?
clearly, the economy in strat needs to be dealt with. unfortunately, there isn't any way to do this without negatively impacting players that were not involved. the economy had to be restored to a point before any of that fake cash got poured in. to do that, i could either do a full reset (bad for na), roll the entirety of strategus back (wipe all work done for two weeks), revert player/towns to a normal state (what i am doing), or just let this strat die quickly (quite a few eu players are not interested in playing until this is fixed, which i completely understand. i'd rather have them back)

doing this revert isn't a fantastic option. it penalizes all players equally, even those who spent a lot of time trading clean goods/money. but as of now i see it as the least shitty option. since it's fairly time-sensitive, i'm going to roll with it. expect the results to be out in the next few hours

on a side note, apologies for the wacky stuff that happened while i was attempting to fix the equipment box bug. goods were lost, things were remapped, and it was frustrating for me as well as you guys. also, i should have addressed the PP issue in strat far earlier. i was a bit worn out, and let the issue slide for a week or two. at least next strat should go smoother
« Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 05:37:39 pm by RD_Professor »
shoot me on discord or real life

Offline Heibai

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 438
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • Traps aren't gay
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Krems I guess
  • Game nicks: Heibai
Re: strat reset (well, kind of)
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2018, 11:14:09 am »
You mentioned the PP issue, but is a decrease of base PP and PP gain included in this player/town reversion? It's necessary.

Otherwise great news, thanks for all your work Prof.
I hope you die IRL. What kind of fucking build is that?!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline ARN_

• Duke
  • Renown: 605
  • Infamy: 210
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmar Union
  • Game nicks: Kalmarunionen_Arn
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2018, 11:18:24 am »
+2
So if I understand this correctly you will keep the fiefs you have taken but the PP in them will be reset?

If so biggest problem with this is that if you reset all pp and gear/silver the factions that have already taken castles and cites will have a huge advantage. Before it did not matter as all villages had so much pp you did not need cities but if the pp is reset those with cities/castles will already have a lot higher total pp gain and there fiefs will be near impossible to take due to the recurses need to take cities/castles. A half arsed wipe does not punish everyone equally, it punishes those without castles/cites far more.

The only way to fix this would of course be to take away everyone's fiefs, but if that happens well what is the difference between that and just a normal reset?

So just like doing kind of a wipe for crpg as a whole doing kind of a reset of strat is the worst possible way of doing it.
'You think you tell us what we do?'
'We not here for you entertainment'.
Eastern European sportsmanship 2014

Offline RD_Professor

• Supreme Overlord
  • cRPG Player
  • goon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2018, 11:44:59 am »
fiefs will not be reverted

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2018, 04:01:35 pm »
Even the gear you get for taking a fief will be removed?

Mang this is gonna be rough.

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2018, 04:23:47 pm »
So what happens to the gear on each player?

(click to show/hide)

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline RD_Professor

• Supreme Overlord
  • cRPG Player
  • goon
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2018, 04:25:54 pm »
+2
had a chat with players, plan is up in the air for moment. still planning on doing a reset like what is outlined, but its extent might change.

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2018, 04:31:27 pm »
+2
Well if you plan to do another round in June, might as well let this one play out. 2 months of this round left would be hard to regain quickly with an almost complete wipe of everything but fiefs.

Good luck tho. Too bad the infinite silver bug with the 66% was still around but its fixed now. Nice.

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2018, 04:33:27 pm »
+2
Sounds good. Is there no feasible way to punish only the bug abusers (and reset fiefs/deduct some PPs/etc.)?

Well if you plan to do another round in June, might as well let this one play out. 2 months of this round left would be hard to regain quickly with an almost complete wipe of everything but fiefs.

Yeah basically this. I didn't realize this was planned to end in June anyways. Strat is already over halfway done, might as well let it play out, as shitty (or not) as it currently is.

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Thorvic

• Game Admin (trial)
  • Renown: 184
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ordre de l'Étoile
  • Game nicks: OdE_Thorvic
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2018, 06:09:50 pm »
EDIT : as Prof modified his decision, it's fine I guess ! (ty)
« Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 06:15:47 pm by Thorvic »

Offline Allers

• Count
  • Renown: 292
  • Infamy: 134
  • cRPG Player
  • Ca$hville
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ca$hville Records, Ruff Ryders
  • Game nicks: Allers, Young Buck, DMX
  • IRC nick: Allers
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2018, 09:00:33 pm »
When is this fix going to be applied? Will it be done in steps and should we keep playing like normal?
Ca$hville 615

Offline RD_Professor

• Supreme Overlord
  • cRPG Player
  • goon
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2018, 01:29:23 am »
+2
it'll be done in one go. keep playing as normal, i'll handle the specifics from my end. i would like to say it'll happen later today, but no guarantees

Offline kasMVC

• Duke
  • Renown: 608
  • Infamy: 163
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2018, 03:56:52 pm »
+2
dude dont reset strat there have been so many bugs in strat history its not even funny. resetting now will just kill everyones desire.

for example:

one time in strat four i attacked a village and won. To my surprise i discovered an item duplication bug that EVERYONE was aware of. But no one said anything. I got like 50k coursers from 500 coursers for example. I made a post and everyone came out of the wood works to tell me what a good boy i was and how they werent aware. But it had been going on for ages.

Strat kept going and everyone was fine. They fixed the bug but didn't reset it.

don't reset strat. People are starting to play and we are finally getting good rosters. It probably wont be worth it.

so basically ur new plan is good! Don't do a full wipe xd but you already got a handle on it so this post is useless

Offline Novamere

• Duke
  • Renown: 599
  • Infamy: 273
  • cRPG Player
  • Feed me your tears!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Knightmare_
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2018, 05:09:14 pm »
it'll be done in one go. keep playing as normal, i'll handle the specifics from my end. i would like to say it'll happen later today, but no guarantees

Id work on lots of bug fixes and maybe some new fun stuff or what not and let this strat play out for what like 3 months or so?

The problem you and James had was not advertising the strat reset and just doing it quietly so alot of clans didnt really know I mean hell Occitane just cameback a week ago and brought some life back to strat with 10 man rosters.....

Offline woody

• Earl
  • Renown: 407
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Woody, Weebo, Wreky
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2018, 08:48:08 pm »
+1
time to pull the plug