Author Topic: Strat winner? Not really  (Read 1704 times)

Offline Bryggan

• Marshall
  • Renown: 727
  • Infamy: 207
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: 13 Knights, HCE
  • Game nicks: Jerk, Asshole, Dumbass, etc.
Strat winner? Not really
« on: March 17, 2018, 04:37:28 am »
+5
Um, I won last strat in NA.  I know winners of random duel events get looms or cool hats.  Do I get a cool hat?  I think I would look awesome in a cool hat.

I do regret that I was born without that innate skill that makes it so easy for some of us to slay our enemies, but though I have no 'skillz' I managed to enlist some gents who do, and dedicated a lot of time and energy to this game.  And what is my reward?  Not even a polite mention.

So, everyone, doing good at strat means less than coming in third in a best of seven duel.  Kinda sad really.

PS- not trying to sound needy

Offline Tristan_of_Erzoth

• Game Admin
  • Renown: 1000
  • Infamy: 217
  • cRPG Player
  • I dont know
    • View Profile
    • steam id
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: Tristan_of_Erzoth, Sorcerer_Tholamin, Big_Dick_McCallister
  • IRC nick: wtf is an IRC
Re: Strat winner? Not really
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2018, 06:41:11 am »
+4
I agree with this give bryggan an event weapon
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

http://steamcommunity.com/id/evilmagic/

Offline the real god emperor

• King
  • Renown: 1630
  • Infamy: 348
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Et tu, Brute?
    • View Profile
    • Click for gifts
  • Faction: Rome
  • Game nicks: Captain_Sweden
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2018, 12:31:19 pm »
+5
Give ppl with the most renown some rewards pls, I defended my castle for 234234 times I deserve a cookie at least

Offline chesterotab

• Game Admin (trial)
  • Renown: 634
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2018, 09:31:23 pm »
+9
this is a damn shame. bryggan is the greatest strategus tactician crpg has ever seen. he won the last strat very clearly, and the devs not acknowledging that is criminal. At the very least they should use the patreon money to buy Bryggan an all expense covered roundtrip to San Francisco to smoke weed with Dupre.

▲ ▲

Offline Kadeth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 845
  • Infamy: 81
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: kadeth
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2018, 11:20:30 pm »
+12
we should all be punished for simply participating in strat, not rewarded

Offline blizz

• Count
  • Renown: 216
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT/blackbastards
  • Game nicks: blizz
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2018, 11:39:24 pm »
well technically Holy Order of Tammo won according to profs post so uhhhh

Offline blizz

• Count
  • Renown: 216
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT/blackbastards
  • Game nicks: blizz
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2018, 11:42:41 pm »
+4
nvm i see wher ur comin from with the renown

Offline Viscount

• Knight
  • Renown: 65
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player
  • Lol
    • View Profile
  • Faction: All The Above.
  • Game nicks: GrimReaper
  • IRC nick: TheViscount
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2018, 09:11:12 am »
+1
You should give the top renown players a reward like heirloom points or items, and maybe titles.
gib titles
𝔸𝕟𝕚𝕞𝕖 𝕚𝕤 𝕓𝕖𝕤𝕥. 𝕨𝕒𝕥𝕔𝕙 𝕚𝕥.
Start with Gate or Arslan Senki

Offline traxits

• Cuck
  • Earl
  • Renown: 404
  • Infamy: 109
  • cRPG Player
  • The weakest of the Three Scumlords.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Scumlord_Ephemeral
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2018, 04:49:13 pm »
+3
where dis post i need to read it for my epeen
Dear traxits
You have received a warning for being a total twat.
Best Regards,
The cRPG Forum Team
Today at 04:50:44 pm   Constant Shitposting   +100

Offline Bryggan

• Marshall
  • Renown: 727
  • Infamy: 207
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: 13 Knights, HCE
  • Game nicks: Jerk, Asshole, Dumbass, etc.
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2018, 01:21:38 am »
+1
we should all be punished for simply participating in strat, not rewarded

Strat is a punishment on its own.  24 hours around the clock at any time or any place; putting months of investment in a single battle which all depends on rosters, PMing people ALL the time for trades, reinforcements, rosters, diplomacy and a lot of kissing ass.

So far, from what I learned from strat since I started is the only thing you earn from all your time spent and effort is a lot of anger and hate from people you used to have fun with.

Well, they won as a faction, but there were close contenders.  Last strat people could say my faction won despite getting crushed twice.  When BlackBird came in with his Euro troops and Euro gear and Euro money and Euro fanbois, we lost the war but James shot to #1 on the renown board for his dedication to holding Durquaba.  Dutchy deserves an honourable mention for kicking ass, but he faded away after he ran out of Euro stuff.

I personally think there should be rewards for top renown (an easy one) and for top faction (to be decided by a group of disinterested individuals).  Top faction reward should go to the leader, and if there are eight leaders no one gets it.  Every faction has a leader, but they would rather not claim top dog to keep the other members happy.  Time to man up and take control I say.

But I've lost interest in this strat.  There is no strategy but getting bigger rosters, and with fewer fiefs it just means the big wigs can garrison even more.  We all get tired of the same sieges over an over trying to wear out a 3000 man garrison with 20 vs 20 battles.  Plus, there is no advantage in holding fiefs, except boasting rights.  As anyone who has ever worked with me, I have always preferred to be in the field (as emperor I only owned Curaw, and that was given away as fast as I could (to a traitor, but whatever).

Offline Yeldur

• Global Head Retard
  • Duke
  • Renown: 574
  • Infamy: 189
  • cRPG Player
  • Trained by Nord BlueKnight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen, Burg Krems, Acre
  • Game nicks: ladoea, Yeldur
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2018, 02:22:40 am »
+3
Strat is a punishment on its own.  24 hours around the clock at any time or any place; putting months of investment in a single battle which all depends on rosters, PMing people ALL the time for trades, reinforcements, rosters, diplomacy and a lot of kissing ass.

So far, from what I learned from strat since I started is the only thing you earn from all your time spent and effort is a lot of anger and hate from people you used to have fun with.

Well, they won as a faction, but there were close contenders.  Last strat people could say my faction won despite getting crushed twice.  When BlackBird came in with his Euro troops and Euro gear and Euro money and Euro fanbois, we lost the war but James shot to #1 on the renown board for his dedication to holding Durquaba.  Dutchy deserves an honourable mention for kicking ass, but he faded away after he ran out of Euro stuff.

I personally think there should be rewards for top renown (an easy one) and for top faction (to be decided by a group of disinterested individuals).  Top faction reward should go to the leader, and if there are eight leaders no one gets it.  Every faction has a leader, but they would rather not claim top dog to keep the other members happy.  Time to man up and take control I say.

But I've lost interest in this strat.  There is no strategy but getting bigger rosters, and with fewer fiefs it just means the big wigs can garrison even more.  We all get tired of the same sieges over an over trying to wear out a 3000 man garrison with 20 vs 20 battles.  Plus, there is no advantage in holding fiefs, except boasting rights.  As anyone who has ever worked with me, I have always preferred to be in the field (as emperor I only owned Curaw, and that was given away as fast as I could (to a traitor, but whatever).
just do what i do and after your fiefs get robbed from you develop a raging hatred for germans and vow to avenge your villages being taken from you, then join all battles against them and do nothing but raid their villages and caravans and just non stop spam the discord by tagging the european and north american group until people actually have to tell you to stop

works for me

he,  the god admin.  drink the tea, not ascared to  fight in th  batefield,

Offline Heibai

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 438
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • Traps aren't gay
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Krems I guess
  • Game nicks: Heibai
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2018, 05:17:29 am »
^
And that's why you never anger a retard, they're unpredictable.
I hope you die IRL. What kind of fucking build is that?!