Author Topic: Am I racist? 2.0  (Read 148562 times)

Offline Bittersteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 919
  • Infamy: 199
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Créme
  • Game nicks: Tybalt_von_Krems, Lennart_Bladh
  • IRC nick: Bittersteel
Re: Am I racist? 2.0
« Reply #2070 on: May 10, 2019, 04:34:11 pm »
idk tbh when its a monoculture its possibly even worse, yknow like on the micro level a multiculture has a bunch of hate crimes etc, a monoculture has day to day killings, genocide etc
obviously this is better for you Oberyn, but objectively theres just less violence in a multiculture - so little in fact that you can pick out individual crimes

LOL wojakbrainlet.jpg

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #2071 on: May 10, 2019, 04:35:45 pm »
objectively theres just less violence in a multiculture - so little in fact that you can pick out individual crimes

Where do you get this impression from, exactly? Because it is, objectively, untrue.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2072 on: May 10, 2019, 04:36:45 pm »
http://archive.boston.com/news/globe/ideas/articles/2007/08/05/the_downside_of_diversity/

IT HAS BECOME increasingly popular to speak of racial and ethnic diversity as a civic strength. From multicultural festivals to pronouncements from political leaders, the message is the same: our differences make us stronger.

But a massive new study, based on detailed interviews of nearly 30,000 people across America, has concluded just the opposite. Harvard political scientist Robert Putnam -- famous for "Bowling Alone," his 2000 book on declining civic engagement -- has found that the greater the diversity in a community, the fewer people vote and the less they volunteer, the less they give to charity and work on community projects. In the most diverse communities, neighbors trust one another about half as much as they do in the most homogenous settings. The study, the largest ever on civic engagement in America, found that virtually all measures of civic health are lower in more diverse settings.

"The extent of the effect is shocking," says Scott Page, a University of Michigan political scientist.

The study comes at a time when the future of the American melting pot is the focus of intense political debate, from immigration to race-based admissions to schools, and it poses challenges to advocates on all sides of the issues. The study is already being cited by some conservatives as proof of the harm large-scale immigration causes to the nation's social fabric. But with demographic trends already pushing the nation inexorably toward greater diversity, the real question may yet lie ahead: how to handle the unsettling social changes that Putnam's research predicts.

"We can't ignore the findings," says Ali Noorani, executive director of the Massachusetts Immigrant and Refugee Advocacy Coalition. "The big question we have to ask ourselves is, what do we do about it; what are the next steps?"

The "next steps" is to completely ignore it, because it was never based on reason or evidence, but has always been a dogmatic item of faith and belief. Reality clashes over and over and over against these retarded dogmatisms, but their adherents don't care.

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2073 on: May 10, 2019, 04:44:06 pm »
idk tbh when its a monoculture its possibly even worse, yknow like on the micro level a multiculture has a bunch of hate crimes etc, a monoculture has day to day killings, genocide etc
obviously this is better for you Oberyn, but objectively theres just less violence in a multiculture - so little in fact that you can pick out individual crimes

Does this show what you are saying? Are the most "mulculture" areas the ones that experience the least crime? So again, WHERE did you get that idea? Why do you accept it so unconditionally and say it with such undue confidence, when you clearly have no idea what the fuck you're talking about?

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2074 on: May 10, 2019, 04:50:18 pm »

Big think. Meanwhile the UK is trying to fucking ban knives because the beautiful diverse "british" yuff keep killing each other.

Offline Golem

• Earl
  • Renown: 466
  • Infamy: 206
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: rektlessHEMPrincess
« Reply #2075 on: May 10, 2019, 05:31:21 pm »
Pol pot, WW1 etc.
This is about being straight out retarded. Children see in slow motion like owls.

Offline Bittersteel

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #2076 on: May 10, 2019, 06:27:39 pm »
Why on earth do you think WW1 is a good example?

Try to differentiate between correlation and causation by the way, the reason for violence occuring in monocultural societies isn't grounded in them being monocultural. Compare that to, say, the rotherham gangs etc, that entirely target their victims based on their skin color and culture.

Why the fuck would Sweden become safer by throwing in a couple of million somalis, arabs and afghanis?

Offline Golem

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #2077 on: May 10, 2019, 06:39:24 pm »
Why the fuck would Sweden become safer by throwing in a couple of million somalis, arabs and afghanis?

It wouldn't. It would just still be safer than their original countries - which aren't multiculturate.
This is about being straight out retarded. Children see in slow motion like owls.

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2078 on: May 10, 2019, 06:48:49 pm »
Multiculturalism is not a factor for safety or development, again not sure where you're getting this from. The smallest amount of logic and proof is all I ask for. Clearly you have come to this "conclusion" long before ever trying to look at the facts, and are trying to retroactively fit reality into your quasi-religious view. That Europe is safer than Somalia has nothing to do with how multicultural either area is.

Afghans and most "arabs" come from countries that are extremely multicultural. Do you think Afghanistan, Syria and Iraq are monocultural nation states? What do you think various ethnicities and cultures living close to each other leads to in most of the world? Isn't that exactly the blame that was laid on the leaving european empires? That they drew borders encompassing bitter ethnic rivals that had long histories of conflict? That the "nations" created in the wake of colonialism were bad jokes precisely because they were a mishmash of conflicting and mutually antagonistic peoples?

Offline Bittersteel

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #2079 on: May 10, 2019, 06:53:31 pm »
It wouldn't. It would just still be safer than their original countries - which aren't multiculturate.

So you support some sort of universal utilitarianism then? My point of departure is Sweden, I'm not gonna choose to objectively screw over all of my countrymen to help 0,025% of the worlds shithole people.

Offline Golem

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #2080 on: May 10, 2019, 07:25:35 pm »
Multiculturalism is not a factor for safety or development

Afghans and most "arabs" come from countries that are extremely multicultural.

Exactly.

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2081 on: May 10, 2019, 07:36:54 pm »
Japanese and south koreans come from extremely monocultural countries, yet they are also extremely safe, developped 1st world countries. Are you trolling or actually trying to make a point? Hard to tell.

Offline Golem

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #2082 on: May 10, 2019, 07:45:38 pm »
Yes. And both of them were part of a major war.

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2083 on: May 10, 2019, 07:52:23 pm »
So multicultural "countries" do not engage in slaughter, wars and genocide? They do, constantly, except the genocide and conflict tends to be internal, not external. And still wage external wars of conquest and ethnic hatred. Iran and Iraq waged a war upon each other that was as bad as anything that happened in WW1 or WW2.

You haven't been arguing very well in favour of the benefits multiculturalism supposedly brings. You don't seem to be very good at this, or informed on the subject in any way.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2019, 07:55:25 pm by Oberyn »

Offline Golem

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #2084 on: May 10, 2019, 08:02:15 pm »
You haven't been arguing very well in favour of the benefits multiculturalism supposedly brings.

I haven't been trying to, you should probably re-read what I said.