Author Topic: Website/Ladder Suggestion: Invite to Clan  (Read 292 times)

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
Website/Ladder Suggestion: Invite to Clan
« on: March 31, 2014, 03:02:08 am »
+6
Yeah, so I was watching all these poor peasants running around getting wrecked in spawn (mostly by me) by cav, cut down by armoured behemoths, shot to shit by ranged and I thought to myself "boy, I sure am glad that I'm a level 34 neckbeard that doesn't have to deal with that."

Anyway, oftentimes if there are a group of me and my clan on we'll select one peasant that we see playing that evening heavily, and surround and guard him, forming a sort of pseudo-religion around him. Oftentimes, a very new player is so caught up in figuring out what the fuck is going on in the game that he doesn't pay attention to chat and stuff.

I think it would be a handy option to find a new player on the website ladder, and invite him into the clan, with a somewhat large notification appearing when they login to the site. If they accept the invite, they'll be placed on the ladder. In addition, the clan leader should be able to put a personalized message instructing them on basics such as how to apply the banner, how banner-balance works, how to use the clan armoury, et cetera.

I believe Harold is the person in charge of all website business, so if you're around, Harold, could you offer me any feedback? Along with anyone else, of course.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline MURDERTRON

• King
  • Renown: 1337
  • Infamy: 428
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TRUMP / WEST 2020
Re: Website/Ladder Suggestion: Invite to Clan
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2014, 05:45:03 am »
+1
The website is incredibly dull and using it is not very intuitive, which probably creates a barrier to entry for new players.  It has long needed some sprucing up, in many respects.  I mean, in Strat, it doesn't even tell you if you've personally been attacked, it just says you have one battle.  Also the count down timer that isn't being used for anything is incredibly gaudy.  But I'm guessing the crpg team knows all of this.
▀█▀▒█▀█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒█▒█▀█▒▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█
▒█▒▒█▄█▒█▒█▒██▒██▒█▄█▒▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒█
▒█▒▒█▀▄▒█▄█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒▄

Offline HarryCrumb

• Earl
  • Renown: 339
  • Infamy: 68
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Website/Ladder Suggestion: Invite to Clan
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2014, 06:22:58 am »
+2
I believe Harold is the person in charge of all website business, so if you're around, Harold, could you offer me any feedback? Along with anyone else, of course.

i'll see what i can do m8

~relit

~harold