Author Topic: Battle for Rebache  (Read 5388 times)

Offline Panoply

• Baron
  • Renown: 113
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Aristeia, Panoply, Pistachio
Re: Battle for Rebache
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2011, 11:09:10 pm »
Definitely the most fun I've had in a strategus battle yet, even with all the downblocking! Not nearly as much waiting around, not nearly as much ranged camping. I look forward to better equipped battles all around tonight.

Offline Anwyl

• Baron
  • Renown: 144
  • Infamy: 66
  • cRPG Player
  • I liked cool avatars before they went mainstream.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Coy
  • IRC nick: Coy
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2011, 11:13:06 pm »
Seems EU are more tactical advanced...

Or have no lives and can wait around for several hours.

One of those.

Offline Dehitay

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2011, 11:22:36 pm »
Mercs are the only faction I know of that range camps. But then again, I didn't really get involved in many of the EU battles. Do all EU clans really have such a limited attack strategy?

Offline Mtemtko

• Count
  • Renown: 168
  • Infamy: 46
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Merc_Mtemtko
  • IRC nick: Mtemtko
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2011, 11:30:46 pm »
Mercs are the only faction I know of that range camps. But then again, I didn't really get involved in many of the EU battles. Do all EU clans really have such a limited attack strategy?

Apparently you dont know crap about tactics either. Do you know what happens when an army with 200ping charges? Red is all you will see. (Red as in, your team dying)
Do you know what cav with 200ping vs cav with 60ping means? Red again.
And what happens when cav with 200ping tries to flank an army with 60ping? Some green and then just red.
What about ranged? Around 0.8-2:1 KD with 200ping.
You may counter this with "NA doesnt camp, herp" ... thing is they dont have all the archers to camp half of the battle... (Atleast I didnt count many in BRD battles...)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Dehitay

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2011, 12:03:08 am »
Apparently you dont know crap about tactics either. Do you know what happens when an army with 200ping charges? Red is all you will see. (Red as in, your team dying)
Do you know what cav with 200ping vs cav with 60ping means? Red again.
And what happens when cav with 200ping tries to flank an army with 60ping? Some green and then just red.
What about ranged? Around 0.8-2:1 KD with 200ping.
You may counter this with "NA doesnt camp, herp" ... thing is they dont have all the archers to camp half of the battle... (Atleast I didnt count many in BRD battles...)

Over half the Merc battles I was in were on EU servers. That never affected their playing style though.

Btw, while sitting behind a shield wall and shooting is indeed a tactic, I'm far more impressed by the commanders who used more variety. I remember HRE doing an impressive job by attacking at different angles and even forming multiple attack groups while on the EU servers, which left the enemy with little ability to plan ahead. The move to hide behind a hill and provoke the defense to go after the spawn point was also somewhat genius. In other battles, the shield wall rushes that resulted from the heavy ranged concentration also ended up being somewhat detrimental to the pew pew pew tactic, but that still didn't provoke any change in tactics for the battles I was in.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2011, 01:41:03 am »
EU has only ranged camp tactics? That's strange. There's only one battle I've fought in that had ranged camp and that was a BRD attack (I was defending) and they were camping failed as they were charged. Then again, I was only in a few of the Merc vs Gangbanger battles, so I guess I was only in the normal EU fights and not the high ping fights.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Tuonela

• Baron
  • Renown: 145
  • Infamy: 20
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Tuonela, Merc_Tuoni
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2011, 01:41:42 am »
Over half the Merc battles I was in were on EU servers. That never affected their playing style though.

Btw, while sitting behind a shield wall and shooting is indeed a tactic, I'm far more impressed by the commanders who used more variety. I remember HRE doing an impressive job by attacking at different angles and even forming multiple attack groups while on the EU servers, which left the enemy with little ability to plan ahead. The move to hide behind a hill and provoke the defense to go after the spawn point was also somewhat genius. In other battles, the shield wall rushes that resulted from the heavy ranged concentration also ended up being somewhat detrimental to the pew pew pew tactic, but that still didn't provoke any change in tactics for the battles I was in.

We haven't attacked any EU factions, meaning we have only defended on EU servers, so I hope you aren't saying we should attack as defender. And, as Mtemtko said, there isn't any other tactic than camping because you simply can't block with 200+ ping. Sure, if we had fought on EU servers we would have (probably) used different tactics, but we must first get an opportunity to fight against an EU clan.

Offline Darkkarma

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 106
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow your roll
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: DarkKarma
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2011, 01:49:00 am »

There are plenty of NA archers to hire if NA really chose to go that route. We just choose not to. I wouldn't really call that any more or less advanced.
This community hurts my brains, a lot.

Offline dynamike

• King
  • Renown: 1212
  • Infamy: 187
  • Let's be friends again?
    • View Profile
    • The Remnants Clan Website
  • Faction: Stratia
  • Game nicks: Remnant_dynamike
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2011, 03:24:23 am »
+2

Who is he and why does he keep talking about NA bznz?
For while the fire in the heart of a single Remnant still burns... can Stratia truly have fallen?

Offline Anwyl

• Baron
  • Renown: 144
  • Infamy: 66
  • cRPG Player
  • I liked cool avatars before they went mainstream.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Coy
  • IRC nick: Coy
« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2011, 04:47:55 am »
Who is he and why does he keep talking about NA bznz?

Some people can't accept the fact that NA folks are good (ahem, better) at melee.

Offline Gheritarish le Loki

• Baron
  • Renown: 80
  • Infamy: 42
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2011, 06:04:50 pm »
Who is he

Who cares?

and why does he keep talking about NA bznz?

I was replying to someone talking about EU...

Some people can't accept the fact that NA folks are good (ahem, better) at melee.

Fail, EU are better, in the hall of fame of cRPG it's obvious that EU are first (even if it's impossible to compare), and in general too, German, Russians, are killers in melee, some brits too, and some french (mercs founder for example), i don't even talk of Polish ppl who win the international contest... no sorry, fact is that NA have nothing for them except a big mouth.

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2011, 06:17:49 pm »
+3
These us vs them rage posts are pointless until chadz's secret underground volcano server lair in the middle of the atlantic is finally finished.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Huey Newton

• Duke
  • Renown: 555
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Huey_Newton
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2011, 07:23:57 pm »
Who cares?

I was replying to someone talking about EU...

Fail, EU are better, in the hall of fame of cRPG it's obvious that EU are first (even if it's impossible to compare), and in general too, German, Russians, are killers in melee, some brits too, and some french (mercs founder for example), i don't even talk of Polish ppl who win the international contest... no sorry, fact is that NA have nothing for them except a big mouth.

?

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2011, 07:45:55 pm »

?

Don't you start up too Huey.  You should know better than to butt into an argument with a blind bigot during his ranting about the failings and evils of all things NA.  Just drop it and get on the servers to practice your tk style.  Off with you now.
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Elerion

• Baron
  • Renown: 132
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
  • Pink Team
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Elerion
  • IRC nick: Elerion
« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2011, 07:59:22 pm »
+1
I wish bundle of stickss would stop complaining about other people using "unfair" tactics. Play to win. Always.

If there's a problem with how battles are being fought that should be solved with official rules or game mechanics, e.g. add time limits to battles based on army size and fix maps so people don't spawn outside invisible walls. Relying on Gentlemen's Rules always ends with the gentlemen losing and random people getting banned for doing what everyone else has also been doing.

What I want for Christmas: Clear rules. Everything that isn't specified in the rules is fair game.