Author Topic: NA DTV throw-bots.  (Read 549 times)

Offline Nehvar

• Duke
  • Renown: 550
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
NA DTV throw-bots.
« on: January 31, 2014, 11:53:06 pm »
+1
Sometime last year the bot AI was changed such that bandits and nords equipped with throwing weapons would no longer switch to melee-mode/melee weapons when threatened by a nearby player.  Currently, they just run up and point-blank you in the face with whatever throwing weapon they have.  At first I thought this was a side-effect of WSE2 but now that the EU DTV server is running the same beta version as us that would appear to not be the case.  Their throw-bots properly "go melee" when threatened by a nearby-player.

Could someone look into this and maybe fix this issue for us?  To say the current behavior of throw-bots on NA DTV is infuriating might be an understatement.

WSE2 gives us the key to a wonderful world of butthurt...

Offline Nightmare798

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 400
  • Infamy: 502
  • cRPG Player
  • Darksider on redemption
    • View Profile
Re: NA DTV throw-bots.
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2014, 12:01:30 am »
+2
Sometime last year the bot AI was changed such that bandits and nords equipped with throwing weapons would no longer switch to melee-mode/melee weapons when threatened by a nearby player.  Currently, they just run up and point-blank you in the face with whatever throwing weapon they have.  At first I thought this was a side-effect of WSE2 but now that the EU DTV server is running the same beta version as us that would appear to not be the case.  Their throw-bots properly "go melee" when threatened by a nearby-player.

Could someone look into this and maybe fix this issue for us?  To say the current behavior of throw-bots on NA DTV is infuriating might be an understatement.

Get a shield :D
Tseng: Used to the bitter taste of refusal, this only serves to reinforce his greatest life lession yet.
Cloud: And that is?
Tseng: Bitches, man.

Offline Nehvar

• Duke
  • Renown: 550
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2014, 12:44:16 am »
Get a shield :D

I know you're just joking around but that brought up another issue.  When the thrower bots are in your face they tend to throw right through your shield -- frequently -- with the power of bot-magic.  So not even a shield will save you.   
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻ 

(Experienced with a shielder alt with 6 shield skill for reference.)
WSE2 gives us the key to a wonderful world of butthurt...

Offline Nightmare798

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 400
  • Infamy: 502
  • cRPG Player
  • Darksider on redemption
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2014, 12:50:31 am »
+2
I know you're just joking around but that brought up another issue.  When the thrower bots are in your face they tend to throw right through your shield -- frequently -- with the power of bot-magic.  So not even a shield will save you.   
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻ 

(Experienced with a shielder alt with 6 shield skill for reference.)

Seriously? Now that is really bad (not joking, dead serious now).

Imo bots with their stats should not have throwing weapons at their disposal, because considering their numbers, a nice round of DTV can quickly turn into nightmarish (no pun intended) experience of facing a storm of sharp objects.

Devs should either make them inaccurate as hell, or strip bots of their thrown altogether.

Tseng: Used to the bitter taste of refusal, this only serves to reinforce his greatest life lession yet.
Cloud: And that is?
Tseng: Bitches, man.

Offline oreshy

• Count
  • Renown: 169
  • Infamy: 30
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Braxli
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2014, 05:16:03 am »
..give them jarid's.

Problem solved.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Uther Pendragon

• King
  • Renown: 1253
  • Infamy: 133
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • EX Head of EU and NA admin teams
    • View Profile
    • Strategus Guide
  • Faction: Stromgarde
  • Game nicks: Uthyr Pendraeg, Uthyr, mr fucking dtv hero admin, Stromgarde_Uthyr_Pendraeg
  • IRC nick: Something along those lines above
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2014, 01:13:09 am »
True, Varric hasn't used his hammer for quite a long time, but with his insane stats he still packs quite a punch with jarids or whatever the fuck he uses. I didn't notice bots trying to headshot me from point-blank distance with throwing stuff, but whenever bandits try to use javelins in melee, I chuckle a little.
Nemo prudens punit, quia peccatum est, sed ne peccetur.
I (used to) manage character issues, reverting, restoring and fixing related mistakes and some other stuff. Feel free to message if you encounter a problem.
He's not the hero DTV deserves but he's the one they need.