Author Topic: Star Citizen  (Read 112061 times)

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
Re: Star Citizen
« Reply #210 on: October 24, 2013, 03:23:42 pm »
I would bet, a combination of X^3 and Eve Online (on the paper).

Offline Vovka

• King
  • Renown: 1174
  • Infamy: 240
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Vovka
  • IRC nick: Vovka
« Reply #211 on: October 24, 2013, 05:03:44 pm »
+1
PAF
(click to show/hide)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #212 on: October 24, 2013, 09:36:48 pm »
+2
Can someone tell me in one paragraph how is this game going to be gameplay-wise ?

Star Citizen is an upcoming space trading and combat simulator game for the PC. Star Citizen will feature gameplay similar to the original Wing Commander and Privateer, with a more realistic physics system. This means that it is NOT a ‘click to kill’ interface like most modern MMOs; your success in combat is going to depend as much on your skill with a space fighter as it will with your ship upgrades and your pocket book. Star Citizen will feature an accurate newtonian physics engine. Ships will come equipped with lateral thrusters that are required to turn the ship and reverse acceleration.When two ships enter combat, they are seamlessly instanced into a battleground. Other ships can dynamically join and leave this battleground, up to 100+ ships (depending on game design). The in game economy will be similar to Freelancer's model and use United Earth Credits as a currency. These credits can be earned in-game or possibly purchased through micro-transactions. While Star Citizen itself isn't an MMO (it will also have single player and private multiplayer modes), there will be a persistent massive multiplayer universe (MMU) offered to players. This persistent universe will be similar to Freelancer's multiplayer servers, but on a much grander scale. Star Citizen uses a similar model to ArenaNet's Guild Wars 2. You only need to buy the base game, which will be released at $60, and you never have to buy any add-ons or pay subscription fees after that. The game will be supported afterwards by mictrotransactions to purchase in-game currency. It will not be possible to purchase anything that cannot be obtained through playing the game, and there will be a monthly limit on purchasing. They will be avoiding a "Pay-to-win" enviroment.

As of August 29, 2013[9], system requirements were released for Star Citizen's Hangar module. They are as follows:

Operating system: Windows 7 or 8 64-bit
    CPU: Dual Core CPU Intel: Core2 Duo 2.4Ghz AMD: Phenom X2
    8GB of RAM
    NVidia Geforce 460GTX or AMD Radeon HD5850 DirectX 11. with recommended i7 2500, 2600, 2700 and GTX 670 or greater
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2634
  • Infamy: 2419
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: October 24, 2013, 10:45:24 pm »
+1
PAF
(click to show/hide)

There will always be black russian market where prices will be much lower than in official store :P
« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 11:07:26 pm by Leshma »

Offline Vovka

• King
  • Renown: 1174
  • Infamy: 240
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Vovka
  • IRC nick: Vovka
« Reply #214 on: October 25, 2013, 08:11:37 am »
+2
There will always be black russian market where prices will be much lower than in official store :P
we (russians) will take jobs as janitors, and later in the open space throw out the entire team of EUmy old friends (who already bought a thousands ships) through the air lock, seize ships and then sell them for rubles

JOIN MY FACTION "SPACE JANITORS" !!

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: October 25, 2013, 12:08:36 pm »
Star Citizen is an upcoming space trading and combat simulator game for the PC. Star Citizen will feature gameplay similar to the original Wing Commander and Privateer, with a more realistic physics system. This means that it is NOT a ‘click to kill’ interface like most modern MMOs; your success in combat is going to depend as much on your skill with a space fighter as it will with your ship upgrades and your pocket book. Star Citizen will feature an accurate newtonian physics engine. Ships will come equipped with lateral thrusters that are required to turn the ship and reverse acceleration.When two ships enter combat, they are seamlessly instanced into a battleground. Other ships can dynamically join and leave this battleground, up to 100+ ships (depending on game design). The in game economy will be similar to Freelancer's model and use United Earth Credits as a currency. These credits can be earned in-game or possibly purchased through micro-transactions. While Star Citizen itself isn't an MMO (it will also have single player and private multiplayer modes), there will be a persistent massive multiplayer universe (MMU) offered to players. This persistent universe will be similar to Freelancer's multiplayer servers, but on a much grander scale. Star Citizen uses a similar model to ArenaNet's Guild Wars 2. You only need to buy the base game, which will be released at $60, and you never have to buy any add-ons or pay subscription fees after that. The game will be supported afterwards by mictrotransactions to purchase in-game currency. It will not be possible to purchase anything that cannot be obtained through playing the game, and there will be a monthly limit on purchasing. They will be avoiding a "Pay-to-win" enviroment.

As of August 29, 2013[9], system requirements were released for Star Citizen's Hangar module. They are as follows:

Operating system: Windows 7 or 8 64-bit
    CPU: Dual Core CPU Intel: Core2 Duo 2.4Ghz AMD: Phenom X2
    8GB of RAM
    NVidia Geforce 460GTX or AMD Radeon HD5850 DirectX 11. with recommended i7 2500, 2600, 2700 and GTX 670 or greater

I just reinstalled Free Space 1 and 2 thanks to you

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #216 on: October 25, 2013, 01:54:21 pm »
I hate myself now :(

(click to show/hide)

Is there some kind of secret crpg-star-citizen steam group or something? If yes, invite me if you love me. If not, why not? And someone make one...
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Havoco

• Duke
  • Renown: 538
  • Infamy: 102
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Hospookfans
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Havoc
  • IRC nick: Havoco
« Reply #217 on: October 26, 2013, 08:50:18 am »
Relax. They'll be realeasing a combat module soon. And as long as u got a $60+ package, you'll have access to it. Just hope your comp doesn't explode launching it.

But the "mini games" in this sound really cool. Racing, sataball, etc.
I would bet, a combination of X^3 and Eve Online (on the paper).
Personally I think it wil be more like X3 + uncharted waters.

This game has some real fanatics for it that's for sure. Ppl buying $1000+ worth of ships everywhere.
Pock gobblers

Offline Molly

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: October 26, 2013, 09:05:20 am »
+1
Well, the Hangar module runs okay on "High" which is all there is now as setting :D
Considering they call it pre-pre-Alpha, seems I am on the good side for now.

Oww, and $40 is enough for the alpha/beta-access. Mercenary package ftw!

Offline Micah

• Duke
  • Renown: 539
  • Infamy: 114
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Micah_Senpai_von_Krems Glance_the_Useless_von_Krems Arielle_the_little_Mermaid
« Reply #219 on: November 20, 2013, 12:01:43 am »
only thing im still wondering about is, how the MP part will look like .. will MP be mostly like 1-10 ppl private servers for coop play with friends, or more like 20-50 ppl shooter style or even 100+ ppl official hosted servers with quasi MMO feeling (eventhough they stated, that it will not be an MMO) in an dynamicall AI managed unniverse ?
They said that there will be until like 100 ships able to join a combat zone when there is an dogfight about .. so im uncertain , what dimension of multi player we are talking about here ... or even any of those types might be possible and included in the design ?

Just wondering~
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 12:05:12 am by Micah »
I am writing long winded essays in shitty english.

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: November 20, 2013, 01:22:21 am »
+3
How many players can flush their space toilets simultaneously?
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?

Offline Micah

• Duke
  • Renown: 539
  • Infamy: 114
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Micah_Senpai_von_Krems Glance_the_Useless_von_Krems Arielle_the_little_Mermaid
« Reply #221 on: November 20, 2013, 02:58:05 pm »
tbh ... im willing to pay some money for this shit .. but its way to expensive for me ... bb catapillar, you been just another dream t_t
I am writing long winded essays in shitty english.

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #222 on: November 20, 2013, 03:35:55 pm »
Relax. They'll be realeasing a combat module soon. And as long as u got a $60+ package, you'll have access to it. Just hope your comp doesn't explode launching it.

But the "mini games" in this sound really cool. Racing, sataball, etc.Personally I think it wil be more like X3 + uncharted waters.

This game has some real fanatics for it that's for sure. Ppl buying $1000+ worth of ships everywhere.

It is getting crazy, that's for sure. I thought that buying a $125 package would make you on the edge of crazy, but no. People have multiple $125+ packages and the $1000+ ships on top of that. I mean, I'm hyped too, but you haven't even pressed WASD once in game yet!

Oh by the way, fuck you consoles. This article deserves a topic of its very own.

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/76653
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline Molly

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: November 20, 2013, 04:40:49 pm »
I just wish they would sell the LTI on its own for once. :(

I'd like to have that but on the other hand they said that you can easily make the money for a 3 month insurance with 1 or 2 successful trading runs... but still :|

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #224 on: November 20, 2013, 06:10:20 pm »
would love to find a partner and get a constellation, seems like it will be a three man job at least. :P
Turtles