20 (23.8%)
No
26 (31%)
Derp
36 (42.9%)
Other (Please specify)
2 (2.4%)

Total Members Voted: 84

Author Topic: [NA] Earthdforce  (Read 5093 times)

Offline Earthdforce

• Earl
  • Renown: 391
  • Infamy: 150
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Earth_Geodude_da_Defender, _RageThrower
  • IRC nick: Khalestimo#7613
[NA] Earthdforce
« on: October 04, 2011, 12:20:04 am »
:D
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
Re: [NA] Earthdforce
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2011, 12:26:07 am »
Prob the worst of all the admins.  Impotent admin that lets repeat offenders off with slaps on the wrist.  Immature and takes any suggestions as personal attacks against him.  His actions are driven by what will make him popular, instead of whats best for the community.

Offline Duster

• Marshall
  • Renown: 730
  • Infamy: 89
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Mr_Pibb, Mellow_Yellowtf
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2011, 12:28:56 am »
Selected derp, I haven't seen you take any real action when action needs to be taken. No offense.

Offline Earthdforce

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2011, 12:50:27 am »
Yeahh. I haven't been very active recently what with school and all, but I hope to change that in the near future.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 12:59:44 am by Earthdforce »

Offline kukufarikki

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 77
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lots and Lots of Jolly Knights
  • Game nicks: LLJK_EAZIO_CROSSBOTORE
  • IRC nick: papikkikikki
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2011, 03:42:55 am »
homo bundle of sticks because of the pokemon avatars and the attitude that being admin in this game is the peak of life

Quote from: Gildiss
I saw Tears and Shik put a bag over Goatee's kind innocent head and put him into the back of a FEMA truck! WAKE UP CRPG!

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2011, 03:52:16 am »
homo bundle of sticks because of the pokemon avatars and the attitude that being admin in this game is the peak of life

So...

This board is for admin feedback. You can post feedback about any admin on any server but do not create multiple threads for the same admin. These threads are just for discussion - zerging a thread telling how some admin is EVIL and MEAN does  not mean that admin will get fired.

Keep the discussion civil - behavior rules apply on this board just the same as on other boards. Excessive trolling will lead to warnings.

This means nothing to you? Don't tell me these "feedback" threads are going to turn into circuses like the ban threads do.

Thank you for your input LLJK_EAZIO_CROSSBOTORE.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Earthdforce

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2011, 04:08:20 am »
Do I really come off as power hungry? :(

Offline kukufarikki

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 77
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lots and Lots of Jolly Knights
  • Game nicks: LLJK_EAZIO_CROSSBOTORE
  • IRC nick: papikkikikki
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2011, 04:18:20 am »
So...

This means nothing to you? Don't tell me these "feedback" threads are going to turn into circuses like the ban threads do.

Thank you for your input LLJK_EAZIO_CROSSBOTORE.

please contribute to the thread, this is off-topic nonsense right here

ON TOPIC: not power hungry, just kind of, too professional acting as an admin

Quote from: Gildiss
I saw Tears and Shik put a bag over Goatee's kind innocent head and put him into the back of a FEMA truck! WAKE UP CRPG!

Offline Zorato

• Knight
  • Renown: 54
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
  • BIRD CLAN BIRD CLAN BIRD CLAN BIRD CLAN BIRD CLAN
    • View Profile
    • BIRD CLAN BIRD CLAN BIRD CLAN BIRD CLAN BIRD CLAN
  • Faction: BIRD CLAN BIRD CLAN BIRD CLAN BIRD CLAN BIRD CLAN
  • Game nicks: ZORATO_BIRD
  • IRC nick: BIRD CLAN BIRD CLAN BIRD CLAN BIRD CLAN BIRD CLAN BIRD CLAN
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2011, 05:49:17 pm »
terrible admin because he has a eevee avatar instead of a scraggy avatar

remove his admin forever
BIRD CLAN BIRD CLAN BIRD CLAN BIRD CLAN BIRD CLAN BIRD CLAN BIRD CLAN BIRD CLAN BIRD CLAN BIRD CLAN

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2011, 10:55:26 pm »
+1
Do I really come off as power hungry? :(

I feel brutalized by your adminship.  Please be less totalitariat and more communistic - let people decide for themselves whether they should be banned.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Earthdforce

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2011, 12:31:21 am »
I feel brutalized by your adminship.  Please be less totalitariat and more communistic - let people decide for themselves whether they should be banned.
This aint no democracy!

Offline Slamz

• Earl
  • Renown: 386
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Norse Horde
  • Game nicks: NH_Slamz
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2011, 12:42:14 am »
I vote no.

Recently, after Digglez provided negative feedback in this thread, Earthdforce gave him a full day ban for a pretty minor infraction with extenuating circumstances here:
http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,17692.0.html

Before bringing my complaint to this thread, I tried to talk some reason into him, without success, here:
http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,17700.0.html

Ironically, Digglez was commenting on actions taken to try and stop a malicious person from sabotaging the siege server.

I think a regular admin could have recognized that in that particular case, a player was having to act to protect the server (someone destroying defensive deployables and opening gates to let enemies in, thereby ruining siege, with no admins and no vote-bans to stop him).

Was Digglez supposed to just let the person keep ruining siege rounds?  For how long?  Until an admin logs on, which could be hours later?  He did what any siege player would eventually be forced to do.  (I personally ran in front of Le_Beaver repeatedly in order to interrupt his obvious attempt to open the gate again but I can't keep that up forever.  We tried every available means to get the message across before Digglez finally hit him with the pointy side of a stick.  Earthdforce gave Digglez a ban for this -- one team-wounding incident, which frankly someone had to do.)

Just to be clear, I'm not upset that Digglez got banned.

I'm upset that Earthdforce singlehandedly, without thinking, created a precedent:
If no admins are around, trolls are allowed to ruin your server and there is nothing you can do about it.
(If you try to rescue the server and Earthdforce hears about it, he will ban you.)

Admins, like judges, must take circumstances into account and adjust sentences accordingly.

I will say that Earthdforce does try to be a solid admin but I don't think he's bringing much thought to the table.  He's looking at a list of punishments and dolling them out, like a robot.  At the very least, I feel Earthdforce could use A Talking To about the real objective of admins.  It's not "by the book law enforcement".  The real goal is to secure a good community, which I do not feel Earthdforce, with his particular style of enforcement, is doing.  Flagrant team-wounding in order to ruin a server may call for longer sentences than is set in the guidelines.  Measured team-wounding as a last resort in order to discourage a troll from ruining the siege server has to be allowed, when no "legal" means of dealing with him are available.

Earthdforce needs to understand this difference if he's going to be a good admin.
Crush your enemies; see them driven before you; hear the lamentations of their women.
Norse Horde

Offline Anwyl

• Baron
  • Renown: 144
  • Infamy: 66
  • cRPG Player
  • I liked cool avatars before they went mainstream.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Coy
  • IRC nick: Coy
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2011, 04:41:01 am »
Was Digglez supposed to just let the person keep ruining siege rounds?  For how long?  Until an admin logs on, which could be hours later?  He did what any siege player would eventually be forced to do.  (I personally ran in front of Le_Beaver repeatedly in order to interrupt his obvious attempt to open the gate again but I can't keep that up forever.  We tried every available means to get the message across before Digglez finally hit him with the pointy side of a stick.  Earthdforce gave Digglez a ban for this -- one team-wounding incident, which frankly someone had to do.)

Earthdforce needs to understand this difference if he's going to be a good admin.

Yes Digglez was. Until it was taken care of. Yep, pretty much.

There are many, many ways to get a hold of an admin. Alt+tab and hop in IRC, message an admin on the forums or steam. Or heaven forbid, take screenshots and post it under ban requests. That is the point of having game admins. It may not always be possible for a situation to be taken care of, but intentionally team killing and team wounding isn't a proper response. Breaking a rule to oppose the breaking of rules is asinine and stupid.

I'm upset that Earthdforce singlehandedly, without thinking, created a precedent:
If no admins are around, trolls are allowed to ruin your server and there is nothing you can do about it.
(If you try to rescue the server and Earthdforce hears about it, he will ban you.)

Enforcing a rule is not a precedent, look at any server where an admin enforces rules. Killing your teammates as opposed to trying to get an admin is not a proper response to "rescue the server." Digglez admitted to team killing and received a punishment fitting for the infraction. The person he team killed also received a punishment, a longer punishment than Digglez received.

To Slamz,
Admining is not an easy job. They are not paid to moderate the servers. Instead of playing and messing around like everyone else gets to, they have to be paying attention to everything happening to make sure rules are enforced. They can't get on a server or make a judgement call without being called a badmin. Even if their response is completely justified and supported. Without admins the servers would be 100 times worse. You have to take the bad with the good. Digglez received a 1 day ban for breaking the rules. The day ended, and he was allowed back in, problem solved.

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2011, 05:17:20 am »
Killing your teammates as opposed to trying to get an admin is not a proper response to "rescue the server." Digglez admitted to team killing and received a punishment fitting for the infraction. The person he team killed also received a punishment, a longer punishment than Digglez received.

I admitted to team wounding, not killing, get your facts straight.  I've seen people get less ban time for multiple intentional team KILLINGS.  Oh ya, lets not even mention the fact that punishment is completely subjective and there are no guidelines posted anywhere about punishment times. 

A good admin would have recognized he was prejudiced against the player and let another admin handle it.  That would have taken maturity to though, which Earthdforce clearly isnt.  He jumped at the chance to ban someone he doesnt like, thats called abusing power.

Offline Anwyl

• Baron
  • Renown: 144
  • Infamy: 66
  • cRPG Player
  • I liked cool avatars before they went mainstream.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Coy
  • IRC nick: Coy
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2011, 05:39:32 am »
I admitted to team wounding, not killing, get your facts straight.  I've seen people get less ban time for multiple intentional team KILLINGS.  Oh ya, lets not even mention the fact that punishment is completely subjective and there are no guidelines posted anywhere about punishment times. 

A good admin would have recognized he was prejudiced against the player and let another admin handle it.  That would have taken maturity to though, which Earthdforce clearly isnt.  He jumped at the chance to ban someone he doesnt like, thats called abusing power.

You had to go 24 hours without playing?!

Heaven forbid!

(I'm going to leave this thread now. I can't keep mature about this situation. The whole thing is so stupid).