Author Topic: Official Item Survey Result Data & More (OISRDM)  (Read 24740 times)

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Official Item Survey Result Data & More (OISRDM)
« Reply #135 on: June 12, 2011, 09:43:19 pm »
Correct me if I'm wrong or ignore it if somebody already brought it up, but aren't the "leave it as it is"-votes left out in this analysis? As their value is simply 0 in every column.

This is the case for my data. Haha, now that I think about it, it would had very little sense to say "the part of those who voted for nothing that also voted for *something* is ..."  :lol:

Offline woody

• Earl
  • Renown: 407
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Woody, Weebo, Wreky
« Reply #136 on: June 13, 2011, 07:36:30 pm »
Having looked at the data 90% of it could have been autogenerated based on characters preferences.

Proved polling the player base is pretty pointless - better to rely on judgement of the developers/playtesters.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 13, 2011, 08:58:04 pm »
Having looked at the data 90% of it could have been autogenerated based on characters preferences.

Proved polling the player base is pretty pointless - better to rely on judgement of the developers/playtesters.

Earlier rebalance patches proved this process could use a lot of the player input. Furthermore, there are seemingly no "playtesters" for cRPG.

Offline woody

• Earl
  • Renown: 407
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Woody, Weebo, Wreky
« Reply #138 on: June 18, 2011, 12:42:06 am »
I did a little playtesting for one of the patches. Its done on the dev servers. For example, if I remember correctly, the slow down of archery for the upkeep patch was even slower before release and changed due to feedback from playtesters.

Offline Blueberry Muffin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 749
  • Infamy: 119
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 21, 2011, 03:02:04 am »
I voted to buff thrown, and god knows I hate throwers. My last build was with 12 strength only, no ironflesh, bright blue tunic over mail that draws fuck loads of attention, and riding around on a horse. Yes throwers did love me so much. I still voted to buff them, even after my traumatising experience. I do, well and truly, deserve a cookie.
Lizard_Man: Fuck all that! Rather buy me 4 cans of Stella..
Cymro: Wife beater stella
Lizard_Man: It'll get ya drunk! You'll be fucking fat girls in no time! You might even fight a nigga or two! Mmmm-mmm, bitch!