Author Topic: RIP SAUCE  (Read 15657 times)

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
Re: RIP SAUCE
« Reply #105 on: January 27, 2016, 03:45:29 am »
+9
A few things should be obvious here. Of course, one of them is that the "ruling" will almost certainly not be changed.

Another is that, no matter what Desire claims after the fact, the magnitude of the punishment was administered primarily from an emotional state of being. This isn't the first time it has happened, nor is it likely to be the last. If someone calls Desire a naughty name, especially one perceived by her/him/xhe/xhir as misogynistic, or at least a female-specific taunt or insult, a swift and meaty ban is administered.

I've seen it plenty, and I don't like it. It won't change, and I guess that sucks for Sauce.

Although I'm sure it would be quite easy for Desire or another to make a post "refuting" this, I am absolutely confident that the ban would NOT have been an immense 30 days for a simple teamkill. The taunt in chat and (imo rightful) accusation that Desire is an ineffective admin at best is the root cause for the severity of the ban.

These sorts of situations have occurred time and again for ages with Desire. Naturally, they aren't likely to stop. Desire has had a good repoire for some time with the admin community.

It isn't as if I hate or even dislike all admins. I don't dislike when people get banned for abusing others. I DO dislike when people get banned for breaking the letter of the law although there were no detriments to anyone else, i.e. an intentional tk in a 1v12 situation...but I'll get over it.

What I dislike most of all is when an admin distributes a greater punishment because they've had their feelings hurt. Sorry lads, but if the rest of us have to endure being called cuntknuckles and gigantic cum-slobbering jizz-genies without administrative action, the admin staff should need to do the same.

But they don't have to, because ain't a thing gonna change.

btw shoutout 2 the admins like granpappy and witchcraft that I've witnessed sit there for sometimes HOURS being insulted by Daruvian and....well, mostly just Daruvian. It's all banter.

Well, until you make really shitty admin decisions, seemingly protected by the perception of femininity by certain members of the community. Then people ACTUALLY talk shit on you.

Then they get banned.

TLDR: FREE SAUCE AND REMOVE DESIRE'S ADMIN

(click to show/hide)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline DrTaco

• Count
  • Renown: 179
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
  • Your eternal reward
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Swashbucklers
  • Game nicks: Magical Toaster
« Reply #106 on: January 27, 2016, 04:23:05 am »
+2
That was a pretty good insult, I have to admit. Well worth it imo.
Don't take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #107 on: January 27, 2016, 04:57:04 am »
+2
I'd shorten the ban but hes made no attempt at any communication. So he stays banned for the entire duration. That is just how I do bans.

Most of the times I've banned people they get a hold of me right away to give their side of the story. I don't think I've ever shortened someone's ban without them asking me.

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline Nightingale

• Balancer
  • Renown: 925
  • Infamy: 205
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Elderly Woman
  • IRC nick: Nightingale
« Reply #108 on: January 27, 2016, 05:04:01 am »
+2

Simply put you are wrong. I can see where it might seem that way from a perspective of someone that has no idea what is going on but it was already determined that he was being banned for 30 days for the teamkill before he threw the (good) insult. Whether you choose to believe that or not. He's received all the leniency I can give him. 3 warnings for teamkilling in spawn, 2 bans for it this being the third. Its going to be longer and longer the more he does it. 

The duration of the ban can and would be changed if he communicated with me. But my guess like the bans before this one he is to prideful to attempt communication which isn't fault of my own.

I have never banned anyone for insulting me. You stating that you've seen me do so means you're either horribly confused or lying. If you are so sure, I ask that you pull up a scenario of me banning someone for a insult.   
« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 05:15:50 am by Nightingale »

Offline Nightingale

• Balancer
  • Renown: 925
  • Infamy: 205
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Elderly Woman
  • IRC nick: Nightingale
« Reply #109 on: January 27, 2016, 05:14:58 am »
I mean, you're trying to humble him with this, like over a video game. Don't you think that's some ego tripping?

If you say so.

I was stating it simply as a fact. The option is open to him, however you take what I said I can't help lol.

Offline ildist

• Earl
  • Renown: 414
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player
  • hehexd
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS, THE MATES
  • Game nicks: Ildist_of_Chaos
« Reply #110 on: January 27, 2016, 06:43:19 am »
+6
i hate gays as much as the next guy but u dnt c me lynching dem on th streets or anythin...smh
Malaclypse: now every time I eat them I think about her that girl's snatch
Malaclypse: it tortures me
That Guy: wat

Offline Kadeth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 845
  • Infamy: 81
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: kadeth
« Reply #111 on: January 27, 2016, 11:12:36 am »
+9
Getting other people to do it on your behalf never works

you are obviously not familiar with sandersson (best lawyer NA)

Offline Dolphin

• Earl
  • Renown: 375
  • Infamy: 22
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • Can you find my secret ?
  • Faction: The Joyous Raider
  • Game nicks: DoIphin, Siff and some alts
  • IRC nick: Dolphin
« Reply #112 on: January 27, 2016, 03:39:42 pm »
+3
If even one person is spared from the occasional injustice of the cRPG legal system, its all worth it.

There is no justice here, CRPG is a service which can be denied to anyone, not a basic/legal right/system.

It can be denied for several reasons.
-No warband key.
-Bad conduct.
-just cause.

If you want to actually get something done about this, use the correct way to apply for unban instead of moaning around in general chat.
Please take your unban crusade to the unban section or admin section, that way you show you are serious about it, instead of posts like this...
(click to show/hide)

Because i actually think if you correctly write a post about the situation you would easily be able to unban sauce or atleast reduce his ban.
But also if any of the pieces you have written is true about Desire/Nightingale, is correct and you got proof post that and you might have a shot at getting something done about your problems with him.

Now just go away from shitposting/rallying here and write a decent worded post in the correct section, with proof and do your crusade there, it will be that much more effective.

Offline Dolphin

• Earl
  • Renown: 375
  • Infamy: 22
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • Can you find my secret ?
  • Faction: The Joyous Raider
  • Game nicks: DoIphin, Siff and some alts
  • IRC nick: Dolphin
« Reply #113 on: January 27, 2016, 03:46:20 pm »
+1
You said it brother #freesauce

Didn't read the rest because it looked like gay nerd stuff.

lol xD

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #114 on: January 27, 2016, 04:30:00 pm »
Also I agree that 30 days is a bit much. But I can't revoke the ban. That's like reaching over at the urinals and just grabbin' another dude's dick.

but in your analogy it would be more like the guy is pissing on a child's shoe and you reached over and redirected him to the urinal.

Yeah but you still touchin' that dude on his green bean an then you get dragged along for the ride on the sexual assault of a child charges

analogy still holds

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #115 on: January 27, 2016, 04:59:33 pm »
Yeah but you still touchin' that dude on his green bean an then you get dragged along for the ride on the sexual assault of a child charges

analogy still holds

Yeah I'm not saying intervening is any less awkward or potential for fallout not there, just that you might have a little moral leverage on your side.

i hate gays as much as the next guy but u dnt c me lynching dem on th streets or anythin...smh

- Stolen from Macropussy

Offline CALAMARI

• Earl
  • Renown: 350
  • Infamy: 130
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 27, 2016, 07:39:03 pm »
+10

Offline Schoi

• Duke
  • Renown: 578
  • Infamy: 114
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: small weiner
  • Game nicks: Skoi, Schoi, jus_the_tip_bby_feel_rlygud
« Reply #117 on: January 27, 2016, 08:21:40 pm »
+3

Nice dude, sending messages to yourself.
Best quote

Well fact is, NA players are mostly casual normies not knowing mechanics & who would have no chance against competitive EU players on the same ping.

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 27, 2016, 08:23:05 pm »

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #119 on: January 27, 2016, 09:32:31 pm »
+6
Simply put you are wrong. I can see where it might seem that way from a perspective of someone that has no idea what is going on but it was already determined that he was being banned for 30 days for the teamkill before he threw the (good) insult. Whether you choose to believe that or not. He's received all the leniency I can give him. 3 warnings for teamkilling in spawn, 2 bans for it this being the third. Its going to be longer and longer the more he does it. 

The duration of the ban can and would be changed if he communicated with me. But my guess like the bans before this one he is to prideful to attempt communication which isn't fault of my own.

I have never banned anyone for insulting me. You stating that you've seen me do so means you're either horribly confused or lying. If you are so sure, I ask that you pull up a scenario of me banning someone for a insult.   

Hey, like I said in my wordy post; I fully expected a "i did not do anything that you alleged" post from you. That's fine; if you genuinely reckon that you've never done as I've seen. Memory is certainly a funny thing, very fluid shit. So maybe we're BOTH wrong!

Of course I don't have a screenshot of you banning people in Strat 4 for insults. I'm not in the business of taking those things. You can feel free to use the absence of conclusive proof of what I (and others) have seen as confirmation that you have never once taken admin action against another because of perceived insult; or that you've never taken more drastic action for an offense accompanied by an insult.

If you think you've never done that once, good on you. I'm rather good at convincing myself of bullshit if I try, as well!

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?